Name: Yin Yanxin (尹艳欣)
Gender: Female
Age: Nearly 70
Address: Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province
Occupation: Retired employee of the Hongxing Airplane Manufacturing Company in Shijiazhuang City

Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 25, 2012
Most Recent Place of Detention: Shigang Street Police Station (石岗大街派出所)
City: Shijiazhuang
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, extortion, home ransacked, detention.

( Seven plainclothes police officers led by Zhu, division head of the Xinhua Police Department, and Dong, head of the Shigang Street Police Station, broke into Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yin Yanxin's home around 7:00 a.m. on February 25, 2012. They ransacked her home and took Ms. Yin to the Shigang Street Police Station.

The perpetrators presented no identification or search warrant. Earlier in the morning they cut off the electricity from outside of Ms. Yin's home. When Ms. Yin opened the door to go out to check the reason for the power outage, the perpetrators immediately rushed in. They confiscated her Falun Gong books, a notebook computer, Shen Yun DVDs, a cell phone, more than 100 yuan in cash, and other personal belongings.

Ms. Yin and Her Family Subjected to Ongoing Persecution

Before she began practicing Falun Dafa, Ms. Yin Yanxin suffered from many illnesses, including bone spurs. After she began practicing Falun Dafa in 1994, her ailments completely disappeared and she glowed with health.

When Jiang Zemin launched the campaign to frame and defame Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Yin went to Beijing twice to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. But what awaited her were handcuffs and a prison cell. Her old illness recurred as a result of physical abuse and mistreatment under persecution in detention. Since then, at every holiday, officers from the street committee, police station, neighborhood committee, and her employers harass her at home, tap her home phone, and keep her under surveillance.

Prior to the Chinese Communist Party's Sixteenth National Congress in 2002, officers from the Shigang Street Police Station and the Hongxing Police Station arrested 13 practitioners within a day and held them in the Xinhua District Brainwashing Center. The practitioners were subjected to verbal abuse, torture, including being ties tightly with ropes, and extortion. To avoid harassment and persecution, Ms. Yin had to live away from home. The police looked for her everywhere. She was eventually arrested and taken to the brainwashing center in 2003. She was humiliated and threatened, and forced to write a guarantee statement promising to give up her belief. She was also extorted of 10,000 yuan.

In the run-up to the 2008 Olympic Games, on the morning of July 8, about six local police officers led by political head Zhang Quanhai from the Shigang Street Police Station arrested Ms. Yin and her husband Mr. Liu Rongfa, a retired pilot. The police ransacked the couple's home and sentenced them to 15 months of forced labor. During their detention, their family received no notifications or related information about the couple's whereabouts. Mr. Liu was also subjected to arrests many times for remaining steadfast in his belief in Falun Dafa.

Related article: “Practitioners from Hongxing Airplane Manufacturing Company in Shijiazhuang City Subjected to Persecution”