On July 6, 2012, Ms. Hou Chenli, a Falun Dafa practitioner from the Jinzhou District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province, was arrested by police officers from the Jinzhouxin District in Dalian. She was then held in Dalian Detention Center and cruelly tortured. As a result, her legs were broken and her kidneys were injured.

Ms. Hou, 28, began to practice Falun Gong in 1998. After that, she was willing to help others, and she was also the mainstay of her company.

After the Chinese Communist Party began to openly persecute Falun Gong, Ms. Hou was arrested four times and held in detention centers, brainwashing centers, and forced labor camps.

She has been in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp twice. One time she was detained for one year, another time, for two years. She was brutally tortured and brainwashed. At that time, she was only in her early 20s.

The first time Ms. Hou was released from Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, as a result of fear, she stopped her cultivation. A year later, she realized that the repentance letter and guarantee statement that she had written against her will as a result of torture and brainwashing were wrong and that she should have continued to practice by holding herself to the standards of Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. She then began to call Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and declare that the guarantee statement and repentance letter that she had written under duress were null and void and that she would continue to practice.

Officials from Masanjia Labor Camp immediately sent agents to Ms. Hou's home in Jinzhou City. They arrested her at home and put her in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp again, this time for two years. After she was released, she was dumbstruck and confused, and she didn't talk to anyone. Not until a few years later did she fully recover.

On June 29, 2011, Xinqu Police Sub-Bureau in Dalian City, Domestic Security Department, and Zhongchang Police Station arrested Ms. Hou and her mother, Ms. Qin Shulan and held them in Dalian Detention Center for nearly two months. On August 23, they were released. However, before they had been at home for even a day, on August 24, officers from Zhongchang Police Station in the Jinzhouxin District arrested them and took them to Longwangmiao Brainwashing Center, where they were held for one week.

On July 6, 2012, Ms. Hou and her mother were arrested again and put in a detention center. It was said that when the police officers broke into their home to arrest Ms. Hou and her mother, her father was standing at the door to try to stop them from breaking in, as he was truly afraid that they would persecute his wife and daughter to death. Sure enough, within only three months, Ms. Hou's legs were broken as a result of brutal beatings, and her kidneys were not functioning well.

Only then did authorities allow her to be taken home.