Name: Yu Changshun (于长顺)
Gender: Male
Age: 48
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Manager of the Dalian branch of a Beijing insulation materials company
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 6, 2012
Most Recent Place of Detention: Dalian Forced Labor Camp (大连教养院)
City: Dalian
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, torture, detention

( Mr. Yu Changshun from Dalian in Liaoning Province used to suffer from headaches, dizziness and had rheumatism in his legs. When he heard that Falun Gong can bring one great health benefits, he started to practice. His illnesses soon disappeared and his overall health was much improved.

Mr. Yu was arrested for the fourth time by the local police in July 2012. He has been tortured and left paralyzed each time. His daughter lost the opportunity to go to college because of her father's arrest.

First Arrest: Left paralyzed in Dalian Forced Labor Camp

Mr. Yu was arrested by police on July 7, 2001, while on a business trip in Shenyang City. He was working for the Dalian Jinzhou District Xinhe Electronics Company at the time. He was brutally beaten and lost consciousness. Officers tortured him by forcibly pulling off his toe nails. Over 20,000 yuan in cash was taken from him and has never been returned. Mr. Yu was sentenced to three years in the Dalian Forced Labor Camp, where he was tortured until he became paralyzed and was unable to take care of himself. Mr. Yu's family was called to the labor camp on November 17, 2003, to take him home. Mr. Yu studied the Fa and did the exercises after he returned home, and soon miraculously recovered.

Second Arrest: Left paralyzed in Dalian City Development District Detention Center

On August 2, 2006, when Mr. Yu was leading seven employees to do business in Shiligang, Wanli Township in the Dalian City Development District, he was arrested by officers from Wanli Police Station. His sales products were confiscated along with the cars they were driving. The cars were not returned to him until two years later. He was held in the Dalian City Development District Detention Center and was beaten so severely that he became paralyzed again. He was unable to move his back and legs, and could not take care of himself. Despite his condition, the police still took him to the Dalian Forced Labor Camp, where he was sentenced to two years. Xu Yungang, an officer from the Political and Security Section of the Development District Police Department, helped to carry Mr. Yu on a stretcher into the labor camp. Officials at the camp disregarded his poor health and put him in solitary confinement in the 5th Team.

Mr. Yu was transferred to Benxi Forced Labor Camp in August 2007, but officials at the camp refused to accept him. He was then returned to Dalian Forced Labor Camp, where he was constantly monitored by several cameras.

After Mr. Yu was released, he studied the Fa and practiced the exercises again and soon regained feeling and movement in his back and legs.

Third Arrest: Left paralyzed in Fushun City Luotaishan Brainwashing Center

Officers from Zhongchang Police Station in Jinzhou District and the domestic security division arrested Mr. Yu on June 29, 2011, when he was working as a manager for the Dalian branch of a Beijing insulation materials company. After being held for 100 days at the Sanli Detention Center, Mr. Yu was taken to the Luotaishan Brainwashing Center in Fushun City in Liaoning on October 12.

Mr. Yu's 18-year-old daughter was accepted at a good university in Beijing at the time and was planning to celebrate with her father. However, her father was suddenly arrested and she had to give up hopes of going to the university because she could not afford the tuition fees. She went everywhere trying to rescue her father.

On October 31, 2011, Mr. Yu's daughter went to the Luotaishan Brainwashing Center to visit her father. By then, Mr. Yu was bedridden as a result of torture. One of his legs was swollen and he couldn't lift anything with his right arm. Within just a few months his hair had turned completely white and he had lost a lot of weight. Officials at the brainwashing center still claimed that Mr. Yu's condition was not severe and refused to release him.

Fourth Arrest: Left paralyzed in Dalian Correction Center

Officers from the Dalian City Police Department and Jinzhou Xin District Police Stations arrested several practitioners on July 6, 2012. Mr. Yu was one of them and was sentenced to two years of forced labor. He is currently detained in the 3rd team at Dalian Correction Center (formerly Dalian Forced Labor Camp).

Mr. Yu has a 70-year-old father and a disabled brother who need his help. His daughter cannot afford to go to university.

After several months of persecution, Mr. Yu cannot walk or take care of himself. The officials at Dalian Correction Center still refuse to release him. They keep delaying his treatment and claim to be waiting until China's 18th National Congress has finished before handling his case.

Related article:
“Mr. Yu Changshun Sentenced to Forced Labor Again and His Daughter Unable to Go to School”