(Minghui.org) Ms. Li Jihua and Ms. Wang Xiyu were taken to the courthouse in Pingdu City, Shandong Province on July 23 and 31, 2012 respectively. Ms. Li was sentenced to a three-year prison term, and Ms. Wang was sentenced to a three and a half year term.

Ms. Li, 67, from Zhuxi Village, Zhugou Town in Pingdu, was arrested at 9:00 a.m. on May 21, 2012, by Jiao Hengyu from the Zhugou Police Station after she had been talking to people about Falun Gong at the Zhugou Farmer's Market. She was later held at Dashan Detention Center in Qingdao City, where she went on a hunger strike to protest her detention. Officials from the Pingdu 610 Office ordered a trial in the court of Pingdu on July 23, where Ms. Li was sentenced to a three-year prison term.

Ms. Wang Xiyu, 61, from Qiaogezhuang Village, Guxian Town in Pingdu, was arrested and brutally beaten by officers from the Renzhao Police Station in Pingdu at around 10:00 a.m. on April 12, 2012, and taken to the Dashan Detention Center. A trial was held on July 31, 2012. Her family was not notified of the trial, and she was sentenced to a three and a half year prison term.

Ms. Li Jihua

Ms. Li began practicing Falun Gong in 2004. On May 21, 2007, Shui Guanghua, Zhang Yuemei, and Ms. Li went to the Farmer's Market in Guojiazhai. When they arrived there, a group of plainclothes police were waiting for them and forced them to sit in a ditch. They insulted the practitioners in public and shouted out false accusations about them stealing from the people there. Shui Guanghua recognized an acquaintance of hers in the crowd and asked him to find witnesses to refute the falsified accusations against them. The police then quickly took the practitioners to the police station. The three practitioners were later taken to Pingdu Detention Center.

The police then drove to Zhang Yuemei's home at around noon and knocked down the door. They confiscated all of her Dafa books and truth clarification materials. The police also searched the homes of Ms. Li and Shui Guanghua.

Guards at Pingdu Detention Center extorted money from the practitioners' families by saying that they would release the practitioners within 15 days if they paid them money. However, after 13 days, the three practitioners were taken to a forced labor camp at Wang Village in Zibo City. Ms. Li was held there for one year.

Ms. Wang Xiyu

Ms. Wang Xiyu, 61, from Qiaogezhuang Village, Guxian Town in Pingdu, went to Beijing to appeal with other practitioners when the persecution began, on July 20, 1999. They were arrested and taken to the Qingdao liaison office in Beijing, where the police returned them to their hometown. Dai Songben, secretary of the Renzhao Party Committee, beat Ms. Wang and then forced her to sit in the snow for a long time. She was incarcerated for five or six days, and had 1000 yuan in cash extorted from her. Only then was she finally released.

In the summer of 2000, Ms. Wang went to Beijing again to appeal. She was arrested and taken back home. Zong Xugong arrested her and others and held them in a garage for several hours, where it was very hot, with no ventilation. They were tortured there before being detained for seven or eight days. When the practitioners held a hunger strike, officials decided to release them, afraid of being held responsible if they died there. Days later, Ms. Wang was arrested by police officer Zhang Xiling and detained in the police station for fifteen days without any legal process or her family being informed.

Ms. Wang was arrested by police in Guxian Town, Pingdu in late June 2001. After being detained for six months, she was sentenced to five years in Jinan Women's Prison. Her husband, Mr. Wang Chuanqing, who was paralyzed, died in October 2002 at the age of 61. He was continually harassed by the authorities and missed his wife.

Two officers from the domestic security division stopped Ms. Wang on the road in Guxian Town at 11:40 a.m. on June 8, 2007. They wanted to search her, but Ms. Wang refused. They then called in a dozen officers and took her to the police station. They took her bag containing a cellphone, an unused SIM card, and her house keys. At around noon, the police used the key to search her home. Without any of her family members at home, the police searched the home and confiscated a printer, a computer, other personal belongings, and all the spare cash in her home.

In July 2007, Ms. Wang was arrested by police from Guxian Town at her home. She was sentenced to two years in the Second Women's Forced Labor Camp in Wangcun, Shandong Province.

Those responsible for the persecution:

Zhang Chunyun, head of Renzhao Police Station in Pingdu City
Che Wenjun and Dai Yonggang, police officers
Liujie, thug who beats practitioners: +86-15866870870 (Cell)
Dai Yugang, deputy director of the local 610 Office: +86-532-87309201

Pingdu Police Department:
Tang Longwen, chief of police: +86-13606306367(Cell), +86-532-87206528 (Home)
Mou Zhuping, head of the Domestic Security Division: +86-13806395321 (Cell)