Name: Huang Yanyun (黄燕云)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Xichang, Sichuan Province
Occupation: Retired teacher, Dongfeng Child Care Center, Xichang

Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 9, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Xining Brainwashing Center, Xichang (西昌市西宁洗脑班)
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, interrogation, brainwashing, extortion, forced labor

( Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Huang Yanyun has been detained on several occasions by local police since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Dafa in 1999.

1. Detained at the Xicheng Police Station of Xichang in 1999

At 12:30 a.m. on July 19, 1999, Li Yuxu, former director of Department One of the Xichang Domestic Security Division, along with three police officers, arrested Ms. Huang and her husband at their home, and then took them to the Xicheng Police Station of Xichang. Officials attempted to force the elderly couple to renounce their belief in Falun Dafa. Ms. Huang maintained her steadfast belief, and was subsequently transferred along with three other practitioners to the Xiankelai Hotel in order to undergo a brainwashing session. Practitioners were forced to watch videos defaming Dafa and were pressured to renounce their beliefs. However, Ms. Huang clarified the truth about Falun Dafa and explained to the police that the defamatory materials were all falsified.

On July 31, Ms. Huang suddenly showed symptoms of a recurrence of previous liver stone disease. Officers Li Yuxu and Chen Li took Ms. Huang to the No. 59 Hospital of the Xichang Satellite Launch Center to verify that Ms. Huang was seriously ill. Ms. Huang was then released.

2. Forced Labor from 1999 to 2001

In October 1999, Ms. Huang went to Beijing to appeal to the central government regarding the persecution of Falun Dafa. She departed on October 3, arrived in Beijing on October 7, and then went to Chongqing, which was on the way back to Xichang. On October 22, she was arrested in Chongqing by Luo Yi and two other officers from the Xichang Police Station. Ms. Huang was taken to the Tuohuang Rehabilitation Center the next day. A month later, she was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor by the Forced Labor Committee of Liangshan Yi Autonomous Prefecture (whose capital is Xichang). Although she was due to be released on April 22, 2001, Ms. Huang was transferred to the Jiangpo Detention Center and held for 23 more days, until May 15. Ms. Huang's husband was extorted out of 2,000 yuan by police officials as a condition for her release.

3. Arrested by Daxing Police Station Officers in 2003

Ms. Huang was studying the Falun Dafa teachings with practitioners in the Daxing County, Xichang area one day in 2003, but she was arrested by officer Lu from the Daxing Police Station, and then taken by officer Zhou Xin to the Domestic Security Division of Xichang. She was not released until that evening.

4. Held at the Liangshan Detention Center in 2005

One day in 2005, 31 practitioners, including Ms. Huang, gathered to study the Falun Dafa teachings in a hotel in Chuanxing County, Xichang area. Over 40 officers from the local Domestic Security Division, riot control division and armed police division arrived in nine police vehicles and surrounded the hotel. The police broke into the hotel, arrested the practitioners and took them to the police vehicles. The practitioners shouted, “Falun Dafa is good!”, “What suppresses good is evil”, “Restore my Teacher's good name,” and other phrases during their arrest.

The practitioners were then held at the Liangshan Detention Center, Xichang Detention Center, and the Tuohuang Rehabilitation Center facilities. They continued to explain the facts about Falun Dafa to the police. At the end of that day, 27 practitioners were allowed to return home.

5. Held at the Tuohuang Detention Center and Xining Brainwashing Center in Xichang

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on September 9, 2010, Ms. Huang and fellow practitioners went to the residential area of the Xichang government to distribute DVDs containing information about Falun Dafa and the persecution, but were arrested by officers from Ningyuan Police Station of Xichang. They were held at the Tuohuang Detention Center.

Ms. Huang was interrogated by officer Chen the following day. She was detained there until October 8, and was then transferred to the Xining Brainwashing Center. Chen Qi, the 610 Office director in Xichang, was responsible for the brainwashing center activities. Ms. Huang was detained at the center for 35 days, and her workplace was charged 5,000 yuan for her “brainwashing fees”. Ms. Huang's daughter was also extorted out of 1,150 yuan by the police, claimed to be the cost for food and utilities for Ms. Huang.