Name: Yin Yucai (殷育才)
Gender: Male
Age: 79
Address: Duchang County, Jiangxi Province
Occupation: Former director of Duchang County Court's Criminal Court, former director of Duchang County Blood Management Bureau
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 2005
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yuzhang Prison (豫章监狱)
Province: Jiangxi Province
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, sleep deprivation, solitary confinement, extended prison term

( Mr. Yin Yucai, 79, from Duchang County, Jiangxi Province, was released from eight years of imprisonment in the Yuzhang Prison on July 4, 2011. while incarcerated he suffered a mental collapse, and has become a different person from how he was prior to being imprisoned.

Even on hot days he now wears a thick cap and face mask, and still trembles. He is afraid of meeting people, and is afraid to go home. He keeps saying, “He wants to kill me and my family, I can't return home.”

Mr. Yin began practicing Falun Gong in 1996 after his retirement. After the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, he was deprived of his freedom for three years in the Jiujiang Forced Labor Camp, and subjected to severe physical abuse and torture for eight years in the Yuzhang Prison.

It has been learned that Mr. Yin should have been released in late December 2010, but prison guards intensified their attempts to “reform” him. Mr. Yin firmly refused to give up his belief, and was subsequently tortured to the point of having heart failure, and hospitalized for more than 20 days. When his condition improved slightly, the guards got him out of the hospital and forced him to do hard labor. Mr. Yin vomited blood and had blood in his stools. The prison authorities extended his term to late March 2011, however the prison still didn't release him when the extended term was over. They subjected him to solitary confinement, sleep deprivation, and threatened and intimidated him daily. They even laced his food and water with drugs that damage the central nervous system. After eating and drinking, Mr. Yin suffered joint pains and felt uncomfortable. Sometimes the drugs caused him to lose his ability to reason.

Since his release, Mr. Yin dares not go home, but stays at a relative's home. He dares not meet anyone, and keeps saying that the police will kill him and his family. He said, “They want to kill us to silence those who witnessed their crimes.” It's sad to see him in such a condition.

Related article: