Name: Li Songfang (李松芳)
Gender: Female
Age: 50's
Address: Giaoling county, Meizhou, Guangdong province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: May 3rd, 2011
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 20th, 2008

Most Recent Place of Detention: Conghua Prison for Women at Guangdong (广东从化女子监狱)
City: Conghua
Province: Guangdong
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, home ransacked, detention,

( Ms. Li Songfang was a Falun Gong practitioner from Giaoling county in Meizhou of Guangdong Province. Ms. Li was subjected to abuse at the Conghua Prison for Women in Guangdong until she was dying from late stage uterine cancer, renal failure, and gastrorrhagia (hemorrhage from the stomach). The prison notified Ms. Li's family to come and take her home on March 18, 2011. She passed away on May 3, 2011. Shortly after the Chinese New Year in February, 2008, Ms. Li Songfang was arrested by the local police and her home was ransacked. The police confiscated some Falun Gong informational materials and over 200 yuan in cash.

In March 2008, Ms. Li's father-in-law became seriously ill and he very much wanted to see her. To honor his last request, family members went to many related government agencies, asking them to give Ms. Li two days' leave so that she could attend the funeral services. However, their requests were denied. Since the police refused to release her, the father-in-law passed away without seeing Ms. Li again.

Ms. Li was plagued by many illnesses before beginning Falun Gong practice. However, after practicing for less than a month, all of her diseases disappeared and she never had to take medication again. In addition, she was energetic and cheerful ever since.

Grateful for Falun Gong and saddened by the persecution of Falun Gong by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), Ms. Li explained the facts about Dafa to anyone who would listen.

Ms. Li was arrested on February 20, 2008, when she was making a banner about Falun Gong. In June, 2008, the court tried Ms. Li secretly and the length of the prison term was not immediately announced. Ms. Li's family was later notified that she was sentenced to four years in prison. The trial did not follow any legal proceedings whatsoever.

After three years of abuse and forced brainwashing at the prison, Ms. Li was dying. The prison notified her family to come and take her home on March 18, 2011. Ms. Li was sent to the People's Hospital in Meizhou for emergency treatment. She passed away at noon on May 3, 2011.

Before she died, Ms. Li related that she had been forced to make statements denouncing Falun Dafa and Master Li while being tortured and she wanted to declare all of these statements invalid.

May 8, 2011

Related article: