Additional Persecution News from China - February 28, 2011 (30 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 22 cities or counties in 14 provinces. According to this report, 23 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 21 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Weiping Held in Custody for Nearly a Month
- [Jianli County, Hubei Province] 610 Office Head Physically and Verbally Abuses Others
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Guards Physically Abuse and Mistreat Ms. Liu Ronghua
- [Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Sun Xiao Arrested
- [Jiujiang, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhou Bixian and Ms. Zhu Shuifeng Arrested
- [Liaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zang Fengxia and Other Practitioners Arrested
- [Guangzhou, Guangdong Province] Ms. Yang Aiqin Illegally Sentenced; Physically Abused While in a Detention Center
- [Guangzhou, Guangdong Province] Ms. Chen Shudan Held in the Tianhe District Detention Center
- [Wuhan, Hubei Province] Update of Ms. Hu Wangxiang
- [Chongqing] Mr. Wu Qun in Custody for More than Seven Months
- [Sichuan Province] Mr. Yang Xianchun in His 70s Recently Arrested
- [Heilongjiang Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Wang Shuqing from Farm No. 852 Arrested
- [Rizhao, Shandong Province] Ms. Chen Xihong Subjected to Forced Labor?Additional Information
- [Sichuan Province] Luojiang County Court Officials Attempt to Try Ms. Liu Ping and Other Practitioners
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhou Huizhu Arrested
- [Leshan, Sichuan Province] Ms. Wei Chuanyu Subjected to One Year of Forced Labor
- [Tianjin] Ms. Xin Yanhua and Ms. Sun Fengjun Arrested on February 28, 2011
- [Shanghai] Mr. Fan Shirong Arrested
- [Hebei Province] Ms. Hu Jinhua Held in Division No. 2 in the Cangzhou City Forced Labor Camp; Another Practitioner Is in the Same Camp
- [Weifang, Shandong Province] Unnamed Practitioner and Ms. Zhang Ping Arrested and Taken to the Weifang Detention Center
- [Shanghai] Ms. Chen Hong Arrested
- [Dezhou, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Huijun Arrested
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Ms. Ji Fengying Arrested
- [Hubei Province] Mr. Zhang Yunliu and Mr. Zhang Xiaohong Grossly Abused and Mistreated in Hewan Forced Labor Camp
- [Shanghai] Mr. Yao Chengxu Detained at the Nanxiang Police Station
- [Heze City, Shandong Province] The Persecution of Ms. Xiu Zhen
- [Nanjing, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Wang Bihong Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Center
- [Pingjiang County, Hunan Province] Mr. Xu Kuanhou Arrested
- [Hunan Province] Ms. Ruan Fanghua Sentenced to Three Years of Imprisonment
- [Huhehaote, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Su Yulan Illegally Sentenced in 2010 to Five Years of Imprisonment
1. [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Weiping Held in Custody for Nearly a Month
Ms. Wang Weiping from Shixian Town was arrested on January 31, 2011. Her home was ransacked, and she was held in the Hou'anshan Detention Center.
Ms. Wang has been in custody for nearly a month. Tumen City Domestic Security Division officers will not let her family visit her. Ms. Wang's mother and mother-in-law are both in their late 70s and have tried six times to visit her, but the Domestic Security Division officers pushed them and verbally abused them.
Zhang Jian, Tumen City Political and Judiciary Committee:
86-433-3661010, 86-433-2855201, 86-13180906008
Jin Guang, Tumen City610 Office head: 86-433-3666610
Wu Jilong, Tumen City Domestic Security Division head: 86-13904465073, 86-433-3699300, 86-433-3669979
Yu Maozhi, Detention Center head: 86-433-3668809, 86-433-3620169, 86-13630690169
2. [Jianli County, Hubei Province] 610 Office Head Physically and Verbally Abuses Others
Mr. Li Dayao, Ms. Tang Yungui, and Ms. Gao Yue'e from Jianli County were arrested around 5:00 p.m. on February 22, 2011, as they spoke with people about Falun Gong and the persecution at Dawan Farm. Dawan Police Station officers made the arrest and took her to the Jianli County Detention Center.
Mr. Li Dayao's family contacted local 610 Office head Jiang Changhong on February 25 to inquire about Ms. Li. Jiang Changhong rushed out of his office and pushed Mr. Li's family member, followed by verbal abuse. He then pushed Mr. Li's daughter, who was seeking information about her parents, downstairs. She rolled downstairs and sprained her feet. The pain prevented her from walking.
3. [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Guards Physically Abuse and Mistreat Ms. Liu Ronghua
Ms. Liu Ronghua from Dalian City has been illegally held in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for one and a half years. Guard Zhang Huan and others physically abused her on February 14, 2011, because she refused to recite the 30 prison rules and regulations. They stretched her arms in a painful position. They also attempted to force her to write the three statements to renounce her belief. Ms. Liu's husband tried to visit her several times, but the guards turned him down. Guard Zhang Huan threatened him that she would report him to the police if he tried to visit Ms. Liu again.
Physical abuse and torture in the labor camp have made Ms. Liu emaciated, and she has difficulty walking.
4. [Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Sun Xiao Arrested
Ms. Sun Xiao from Wuxi City was arrested at home around 4:00 p.m. on February 24, 2011. Seven officers from the Xinan Police Station, along with the Binhu District 610 Office agent Wang Jianwei and others, made the arrest. Ms. Sun's whereabouts are unknown. Her personal property was confiscated.
5. [Jiujiang, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhou Bixian and Ms. Zhu Shuifeng Arrested
Ms. Zhou Bixian and Ms. Zhu Shuifeng from the Lushan District were arrested the evening of February 26, 2011, as they distributed information about Falun Gong. Officers from the Liujiatang Police Station in the Lushan District made the arrests. The two practitioners are currently in a detention center.
Liujiatang Police Station, Jiujiang City: 86-792-8251273
6. [Liaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zang Fengxia and Other Practitioners Arrested
Ms. Zang Fengxia and Ms. Zhang Limian, in their 60s, were arrested the morning of February 25, 2011, as they spoke with people about Falun Gong near Qingnianhu in the Liaohua area. Officers from the Hongwei District Domestic Security Division made the arrests and ransacked their homes. The two practitioners are currently in the Liaoyang Detention Center.
7. [Guangzhou, Guangdong Province] Ms. Yang Aiqin Illegally Sentenced; Physically Abused While in a Detention Center
Ms. Yang Aiqin was arrested the afternoon of September 25, 2009, by officers from the Tianhe District Police Department and the Tangxia Police Station in the Tianhe District. We recently heard that Tianhe District Court officials sentenced her to one and a half years in prison. Ms. Yang is currently in the Tianhe Detention Center.
We also learned that Ms. Yang vomited blood as a result of the torture she had to endure in the detention center. She was shackled because she did the Falun Gong exercises. A metal lock affixed the shackles to a metal ring on the ground. She was unable to move and had to relieve herself in a chamber pot in front of other inmates who shared the same cell with her. The shackles often made noise if she moved, which bothered others who were asleep. She has lost around 22 pounds.
8. [Guangzhou, Guangdong Province] Ms. Chen Shudan Held in the Tianhe District Detention Center
Ms. Chen Shudan, approximately 30 years old, was arrested in September 2010, and taken to the Tianhe District Detention Center. Her family sent her clothes, but detention center officers did not let her have them. We have heard that she has developed symptoms of tuberculosis.
9. [Wuhan, Hubei Province] Update of Ms. Hu Wangxiang
Officers from the Dongxihu District Court transferred Ms. Hu Wangxiang, who was held in the Erzhigou Detention Center, to the Women's Prison in Baofenglu. Her family is forbidden from visiting her.
10. [Chongqing] Mr. Wu Qun in Custody, for More than Seven Months
Mr. Wu Qun from Chongqing was arrested on July 9, 2010 and taken to the Liziba Detention Center in the Yuzhong District. He has been detained for more than seven months. His family sent clothes for him. The detention center officials accepted the clothes, but did not issue any receipt.
11. [Sichuan Province] Mr. Yang Xianchun in His 70s Recently Arrested
Mr. Yang Xianchun was formerly employed at the Liangjiaxiang Motor Transport Company in Chengdu City.
12. [Heilongjiang Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Wang Shuqing from Farm No. 852 Arrested
Ms. Wang Shuqing from Group No. 9, Branch No. 5, Farm No. 852 was arrested on February 25, 2011. Participating in the arrest were officers from the Baoqing City Police Department's Domestic Security Division, from the Chaoyang Township Police Station, and from the Branch No. 5 of Farm No. 852. Two other practitioners from Branch No. 3 were arrested on February 26.
Chaoyang Township Police Station, Baoqing County: 86-469-5170110
13. [Rizhao, Shandong Province] Ms. Chen Xihong Subjected to Forced Labor— Additional Information
Officers from the Zhaoyang Road Police Station arrested Ms. Chen Xihong on January 26, 2011. Donggang Police Department officials sentenced her to one and a half years of forced labor on February 25, following her one-month detention. She was transferred to the Rizhao City Detention Center that same day.
Three practitioners are currently in the Rizhao City Detention Center. The two others are Ms. Ding Xi, who was sentenced to one year of forced labor, and Ms. Qian Chun, sentenced to a two-year forced labor term.
On-duty office at the detention center: 86-633-3667296, 86-633-8281908
14. [Sichuan Province] Luojiang County Court Officials Attempt to Try Ms. Liu Ping and Other Practitioners
Luojiang County Court officials were scheduled to try Ms. Liu Ping from Deyang, Mr. Ye Qibin, Ms. Qiu Juyuan, and Ms. Qiu Yuqiong at 9:30 a.m. on March 7, 2011.
15. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhou Huizhu Arrested
Ms. Zhou Huizhu from Lushun, Dalian City, was arrested the morning of February 23, 2011, as she spoke with people about Falun Gong at the Shangtaizi Market in Lushun. Officers from the market's police station made the arrest and took her to the Yaojia Detention Center.
16. [Leshan, Sichuan Province] Ms. Wei Chuanyu Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
Ms. Wei Chuanyu from Leshan was sentenced to one year of forced labor and is currently in the Chongqing Women's Forced Labor Camp.
17. [Tianjin] Ms. Xin Yanhua and Ms. Sun Fengjun Arrested on February 28, 2011
18. [Shanghai] Mr. Fan Shirong Arrested
Mr. Fan Shirong from Jilin Province works in Shanghai. He was recently arrested and is now in a detention center in Shanghai.
19. [Hebei Province] Ms. Hu Jinhua Held in Division No. 2 in the Cangzhou City Forced Labor Camp; Another Practitioner Is in the Same Camp
Ms. Hu Jinhua was arrested on August 25, 2010. She is still in Division No.2 of the Cangzhou City Forced Labor Camp, where she is subjected to strict control. She is forbidden to meet with her family. Ms. Hu developed symptoms of Hepatitis B prior to the Chinese New Year as a result of the persecution. The labor camp officials have not released her.
Mr. Liang Baowen from Cang County is also held in Division No.3 of the same labor camp.
Cangzhou City Forced Labor Camp officials:
Yang Zhenzhong, labor camp head: 86-317-8698001, 86-13722761166
Ma Hua, political head: 86-317-8698002, 86-317-2184660, 86-13513279393
Yu Huaili, division head: 86-317-3020611, 86-13832717738
20. [Weifang, Shandong Province] Unnamed Practitioner and Ms. Zhang Ping Arrested and Taken to the Weifang Detention Center
Ms. Zhang Ping and another practitioner from the Weifang Development Area were arrested the afternoon of February 22, 2011 as they spoke with people about Falun Gong in pubic. The police seized a bunch of keys, a cell phone, and more than 1,000 yuan in cash from Ms. Zhang's handbag. They also confiscated her electric car.
Development area police station deputy head Zhang Xianfu and other officers entered Ms. Zhang's home with one of the confiscated keys at 6:00 p.m. and ransacked it.
They seized 1,500 yuan cash, two new cell phones, and Falun Gong books and materials in the basement, and then went upstairs and confiscated a cell phone, her son's computer, Falun Gong books, and an MP3 player and MP5 player. Ms. Zhang's 84-year-old father-in-law was at home during the home ransacking.
Ms. Zhang was later taken to the Weifang Detention Center; the other practitioner was released following one night in detention.
21. [Shanghai] Ms. Chen Hong Arrested
Ms. Chen Hong, in her 40s, lives on Julu Road in the Jing'an
District. She was arrested in mid-February; her whereabouts are
22. [Dezhou, Shandong Province] Ms. Li Huijun Arrested
Chezhan Street Police Station agents arrested Ms. Li Huijun in the Decheng District on February 26, 2011. She is currently in Dezhou City Detention Center.
Liu Yingwen, 610 Office head in the Decheng District:
Wang Wenjun, Domestic Security Division: 86-13605340176
Zhang Shuping, Dezhou City Detention Center head: 86-534-2558579, 86-13605342886
Zhang Zhongtian, Dezhou City 610 Office head: 86-534-2687748,86-534-2183929, 86-13805340918
23. [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Ms. Ji Fengying Arrested
The house of practitioner Ms. Ji Fengying from Shenyang City was ransacked on the morning of February 27. No one knows her current whereabouts.
24. [Hubei Province] Mr. Zhang Yunliu and Mr. Zhang Xiaohong Grossly Abused and Mistreated in Hewan Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Mr. Zhang Yunliu, in his 30s, from Caidian, Huangpo, and Mr. Zhang Xiaohong, in his 50s, from Jiangxia in Wuhan City are currently held in Hewan Forced Labor Camp. Guards pressured Mr. Zhang Xiaohong to “reform”. Mr. Zhang Yunliu has been grossly abused and mistreated since December 2010. The guards are torturing them by detaining them in solitary confinement cells, having inmates monitor them, and depriving them of sleep.
25. [Shanghai] Mr. Yao Chengxu Detained at the Nanxiang Police Station
Officers from the State Security Division in Shanghai and the Nanxiang Police Station broke into practitioner/engineer Mr. Yao Chengxu’s company and arrested him on January 12, 2011. As of this writing, Mr. Yao is still in the Nanxiang Police Station.
26. [Heze City, Shandong Province] The Persecution of Ms. Xiu Zhen
Ms. Xiu Zhen from Juye County, Heze City, attended her daughter-in-law who was giving birth in a hospital on February 26, 2011. Juye County Police Department officers arrested her.
27. [Nanjing, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Wang Bihong Arrested and Taken to a Brainwashing Center
Domestic Security Division agents from Lishui County arrested Ms. Wang Bihong from Lishui County from her office and took her to a brainwashing center. They ransacked her home that same day and confiscated her computer.
Ms. Wang was sent to forced labor camp for one and a half years in 2001 and sent to a brainwashing center in 2008. Her child is in junior high school. Her husband works in a different city. She cares for her 70-year-old mother-in-law and 90-year-old grandmother at home.
Domestic Security Division Office: 86-25-57245611
28. [Pingjiang County, Hunan Province] Mr. Xu Kuanhou Arrested
Mr. Xu Kuanhou from Sandun Township was illegally sent to a forced labor camp several times after the persecution started on July 20, 1999. His wife, Ms. Chen Ouxiang, went to Beijing twice to validate Dafa. She was arrested on November 11, 2001, for appealing on behalf of Dafa. Police held her in a detention center without going through any legal procedures. She was then transferred to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City. She firmly believed in Dafa. She died as a result of torture in the labor camp in October 2002. She was covered with six big bruises when she died. Mr. Xu Kuanhou attempted to find out the real reason for his wife’s death, but the police stopped him. Her body was cremated.
Mr. Xu was asleep around midnight on February 22, 2011. Police broke into his home and searched everywhere. They took away Dafa books, CDs, and truth clarification materials; arrested Mr. Xu; and took him to the Pingjiang County Detention Center.
Fang Qiankun, Pingjiang County Domestic Security Division
Fang Yuanmo, Pingjiang County 610 Office deputy head: 86-13077191789
Zhan Xiru, 610 Office deputy head: 86-730-6224345
Jiang Wu, 610 Office in Pingjiang County deputy head: 86-13907401598
29. [Hunan Province] Ms. Ruan Fanghua Sentenced to Three Years of Imprisonment
Yuelu District Court officials in Changsha recently sentenced Ms. Ruan Fanghua, a Yuanjiang Paper Mill employee, to three years of imprisonment.
Ms. Ruan was arrested on August 2, 2010. Participating in her capture were agents from the Changsha City 610 Office and the Yuelu District Domestic Security Division. After that she was sent the Laodaohe Brainwashing Center. Twenty-two days of brainwashing later, they sent her to the Ningxiang County Detention Center.
Wu Zhibin, Changsha 610 Office head: 86-731-88667548(Office),
86-731-85070065 (Home), 86-13307310607
Wu Kaiming, deputy head: 86-731-88667549 (Office), 86-731-85133270 (Home), 86-13319578855, 86-13308408731
Wu Kaiming, Laodaohe Brainwashing Center head: 86-13319578855, 86-13308408731
Yang Lu, deputy head: 86-13975805222
30. [Huhehaote, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Su Yulan
Illegally Sentenced in 2010 to Five
Years of Imprisonment