(Clearwisdom.net) I was held in the Hunan Province Women's Prison for six years. On the evening of June 25, 2002, I was locked in a solitary confinement cell because I spoke out for Falun Gong and stopped the guards from spreading lies about Falun Gong during a prison assembly. The guards handcuffed my hands behind my back. Because I didn't cooperate with the guards, they kept me handcuffed for a long time.

At first, it was extremely painful, and it felt like my arms were about to separate from my torso. My whole body became wet because of my tears and sweat. I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes. I remembered what Master said in Zhuan Falun: “When it’s difficult to endure, you can endure it. When it’s impossible to do, you can do it.” Then I continued to recite Hong Yin. The guards tried to force me to give up resisting the persecution, telling me that otherwise they wouldn't unlock the handcuffs. My thinking was that I am a Dafa disciple and I won't compromise with the evil. So I asked Master to strengthen me, and I continued to recite the Fa every day. Gradually, it felt like my arms became longer, and I no longer felt pain. I knew that Master was strengthening me, so I continued reciting the Fa every day. Within half a month, the guards gave up and stopped persecuting me in solitary confinement.

On the evening of August 13, 2002, because I again stopped the guards from doing evil, I was locked in the solitary confinement cell for 45 days. After I came out, I continued resisting the persecution. I wouldn't do the forced labor, nor would I wear the prison uniform. The guards locked me in a workshop; then I recited several of Master's articles very loudly: "The Disciples’ Magnificence," "The Vows of Gods are Being Fulfilled," "Dafa is Indestructible" and "Fa-Rectification Period Dafa Disciples." When I was reciting the Fa, many inmates applauded for me.

At that time, the inmate who was assigned to monitor me became very scared. She reported me to the guards and the head of the prison. So, once again, I was locked in the solitary confinement cell. This time the guards borrowed a strait jacket from the armed police. Two inmates and two guards spent a long time forcing me into the strait jacket. After they left, I asked Master to help me since those guards aren't allowed to persecute Dafa disciples. Then I used a lot of force to stretch my body; after that, I relaxed my body, and then I was able to take the jacket off. The guards left me in the solitary confinement cell and didn't give me any food or drink. I also wasn't allowed to use the restroom. They did not come back until 6 p.m. After they came in, they were surprised to see me doing the meditation exercise and that the strait jacket was lying in the corner. The guards asked me, “How did you take off the jacket?” I told them there are divine beings three feet above one's head and Master wouldn't allow you guards to persecute Dafa disciples.

On April 8, 2003, a leader from the provincial religious organization came to the prison to spread lies about Falun Gong, and the guards deceived us practitioners to go into a room to listen to his talk. Because a fellow practitioner and I prevented him from defaming Dafa, both of us were sent to the solitary confinement cell. The guards not only handcuffed my hands behind my back, they also shackled my feet with a large set of shackles. When they were putting the shackles on my feet, we suddenly heard a very loud thunderclap in the sky. They all became very scared. I told them that the divine beings were very angry with what they had done and that they were not allowed to treat Dafa disciples like that. As soon as they left the confinement cell, it suddenly rained very heavily. I stood by the door and recited Master's articles. When I lifted my foot to walk, that big shackle fell off. Then I also took off the handcuffs.

I told this to the fellow practitioner who was locked in the next cell. We discussed with each other whether we should let the guards know about what happened. She said yes, because we have to validate the Fa and the miraculous power of the Fa. On that same night, when a patrol guard came, she saw me doing the exercises with the shackles and handcuffs off. She asked, “How did you break out of the handcuffs again?” I didn't answer her question as I continued doing the exercises. The next day, the guards brought two new pairs of shackles with a lock, and they used one for the fellow practitioner in the cell next to mine. Two guards put the shackles on me, and I told them about the miraculous power of Dafa. They didn't listen to me; they instead tightened the shackles. After they locked the shackles, they checked it many times to ensure that it had been locked well. I had only one thought: they couldn't restrain me, and it wouldn't work. After they left, I pulled off the shackles and the handcuffs.

After several days, a guard brought a group of people with them to check on me, and I put the shackles and handcuffs on at the request of one of the inmates. I told them that regardless of what they tried to do, it wouldn't work, and that it only increases their karma. Upon hearing this, that guard came to me, tested the shackles and handcuffs, and then left. After they left, I pulled on the handcuffs again. And very easily, they fell off.

On May 14, 2004 all five practitioners in the same cell conducted a strike and recited the Fa together for one day. On the next day, the guards led a dozen inmates and forced us to go to the Strict Discipline Team, using electric batons. Because we refused to go with them, the guards ordered four inmates to carry us to the Strict Discipline Team. Two inmates carried us by our hands, and two carried our feet. After we got there, the guards beat us very hard, and then locked us into a small room and hung us from a metal grate inside the room.

I was locked in a room with a small window in the ceiling. The sunshine could get into the room through that window. They tied me up and hung me up from the metal railing of the upper bunk bed, with my feet not touching the ground, where I was exposed to the sun. I called out loud to resist the persecution, but the inmates put a piece of cloth into my mouth and covered my mouth to prevent me from shouting. As I closed my eyes, sweat and tears flooded down on my face. I recited Master's articles silently. I recited the poems in Hong Yin one after another. Gradually I felt like I was sitting in a chair and was very comfortable. I opened my eyes; my body was still hanging in the air. I knew that Master was suffering all of it for me. “Cultivation depends on one’s own efforts, while the transformation of gong is done by one’s master.” Everything is done by Master, Master is protecting us all the time.

During the six years in prison, I understood very clearly why Master always asked us to study the Fa well. If I didn't study the Fa well, it would really be difficult for me to break out of the persecution.

In the six years, regardless of what method the guards used to persecute me, regardless of how harsh the persecution was, I always believed in Master and Dafa.

Selected from “Call for Articles about Divine Occurrences in the Human World”