(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Yang Jianzhong and his wife, Ms. Bai Qunfang, are practitioners in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. They have been persecuted again and again by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) regime for practicing Falun Gong.

Ms. Bai was forcibly taken to a Xinjin brainwashing center on September 15, 2010, by Cheng Songqing and Luo Lin. Cheng worked for the Bureau of Justice, Hesheng Branch, in the Wenjiang District of Chengdu. Luo worked for the Appeals Reception Office in Hesheng Town. Mr. Yang went to the brainwashing center to bring a winter jacket to his wife on October 4. Ms. Bai told him that she would be released on October 8, and asked him to notify Hesheng Town officers to pick her up. However, Ms. Bai didn't go home on October 8 or 9, 2010. Mr. Yang then went to the brainwashing center to pick her up. The receptionist shut the gate on him, saying, “You can't pick her up by yourself.” Yang knocked on the steel gate and asked, “Why can't I pick up my wife?” The receptionist ignored him and called the security department in Aerospace 7111 Plant. He claimed that Mr. Yang had led a group of people to attack a military installation, as the brainwashing center was in Caiwan where troops were also stationed.

Mr. Yang made some inquiries while looking for his wife. He finally managed to see Cheng Songqing at Hesheng Police Station on October 11. Mr. Yang tried to tell Cheng the facts about Falun Gong. He also said, “I'm over 70 years old, and you are holding my wife.” Cheng interrupted him and said, “Is Bai Qunfang your wife? Do you have a marriage certificate?” Yang replied, “You knew Bai Qunfang was my wife when you broke into my house to arrest her the other day. How can you deny it now?” Cheng replied, “Without the marriage certificate, you can’t prove that Bai Qunfang is your wife.” Cheng threatened to take Yang to the brainwashing center, too.

Mr. Yang received a phone call at around 5:00 p.m. on October 12 from the layoff administration office, telling him to report there at 8:00 a.m. the next day because the security office was looking for him. When he arrived at the office on the morning of October 13, he was arrested and then detained in Xinjin Brainwashing Center for 49 days. Those who arrested Mr. Yang included Li Shanqing, head of the security office; staff members Wu Tao and Guo Jun from the security office; two officers from Gongping police station; and Sun Guangyou, the CCP secretary of the layoff administration office. They charges him with “attacking a military installation” and “attacking a government office and interfering with the execution of public duties.”

Mr. Yang was released on November 30. For over a month after he was released, he was drowsy all day and suffered serious memory loss.

Mr. Yang Jianzhong was a nationally-acclaimed engineer. He made significant contributions to China's aerospace industry. He suffered from many illnesses from working long hours. After he began to practice Falun Gong, all his illnesses went away. He saved a lot of money on medical expenses for his company. However, he was severely persecuted for practicing Falun Gong. The chief officers in Aerospace 7111 Plant followed the CCP and persecuted Yang financially. They fined him 20,000 yuan and withheld his salary for over two years.

In addition, the CCP members at the Aerospace 7111 Plant persecuted Mr. Yang's son, practitioner Yang Yifan. Yang Yifan was forced to leave his home in order to avoid persecution and stayed homeless for nearly three years. His wife was forced to divorce him, and she was given sole custody of their child. Mr. Yang Yifan had earned a very good reputation for his work and his integrity. Even so, he was fired from his job.