(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wu Shunzhun, 57 years old, from Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, was illegally arrested while she was distributing truth-clarification materials in Jiangning District in December 2010. She was sent to Nanjing Detention Center by police from the Taowu Police Station in the district. She has been sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor.

Since July 20, 1999 when the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute Falun Gong practitioners, Wu Shunzhen has been persecuted several times. She was arrested and taken to Nanjing Brain Hospital, Qinglongshan District Mental Hospital, Nanjing Detention Center, Jiangsu Province Women's Forced Labor Center, and Nanjing Women's Prison, as well as other places. Her husband was pressured into divorcing her because he was terrified of also being persecuted by the CCP.

Here is a summary of Wu Shunzhen's ten years of being persecuted.

1. Twice forcibly sent to mental hospitals

In 2000, Ms. Wu went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but ended up being detained for over 60 days. After she was released from the detention center, she was directly sent to a mental hospital for further persecution. Her company fired her under pressure from the CCP.

In September 2001, Wu Shunzhen was again taken to Qinglongshan Mental Hospital.

2. Brutally tortured in Jiangsu Province Women's Forced Labor Camp

On November 29, 2001, Ms. Wu was sent to a detention center for three years by Guanghua Road Police Station in Baixia District, Nanjing City. In November 2003, she was forcibly sent to the No. 3 Division in Jiangsu Province Women's Prison. For three months the police subjected her to brainwashing.

In order to "transform" Ms. Wu, guards put her into solitary confinement three times: in February, May, and November of 2004. Guards and several prisoners took turns torturing her 24 hours a day using the following methods: Electric shocking, standing still in the same position, squatting for long periods of time, exposure to freezing cold, not being allowed to use the toilet, not being allowed to sleep, and no regular rest for over 30 days at a time. She was threatened with snakes and scorpions, her body was burned with hot candle wax, her hair was yanked out, and her head was shoved into a toilet. Guards Ding Hui and Zhang Yan and some prisoners took turns beating her. She lost a lot of hair and her body was covered with wounds. Her right eye was beaten black and blue.

Ms. Wu remained steadfast, so the guards sent her to a mental hospital for further persecution. But no matter what they did, they couldn't "transform" her. Then they locked her up in solitary confinement on the third floor and ordered two prisoners to monitor her. Ms. Wu was not allowed to have any contact with anyone, nor was she allowed to leave the cell.

In 2006, just before her detention term ended, guards again pressured Ms. Wu Shunzhen to give up her belief and to write a guarantee statement. She refused. Guards started another round of brutal torture. Wu Shenzhen went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and her detention term was extended by several months.

3. Persecuted several times after being released

Ms. Wu was sentenced to forced labor for three and a half years. Four months after her initial sentence, on July 12, 2006, police from the Nanjing City 610 Office and Shuangtang Police Station took her and sent her to Nanjing City Detention Center.

In August 2007, Ms. Wu was sentenced to two years of imprisonment by Baixia District Court, and was taken to Nanjing City Women's Prison. She was released before serving the full two years.

On the night of July 23, 2009 when Wu Shunzhen was clarifying the truth to passersby at Xinjiekou, Nanjing City, she was arrested by police from Huaqiao Road Police Station. She was sent to Nanjing City Detention Center the next morning. Police had been following her for three days. On July 29, 2009, she was taken to a detention center by officials from the Huaqiao Road Police Station for a one-year term. Several days later, she was sent to Jiangsu Province Women's Detention Center for further persecution.

In August 2010, Wu Shunzhen was released from Jiangsu Province Women's Detention Center. In December while she was distributing truth-clarifying materials with two other practitioners, they were arrested by police from Taowu Police Station and were detained at Nanjing City Detention Center. Xiao Jingjian, the chief of Nanjing City Domestic Security Team, had Wu Shunzhen taken to a detention center to serve a one and a half year term.