Additional Persecution News from China – November 12, 2011 (16 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 16 cities or counties and in 12 provinces. In this report, ten practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 16 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Suining County, Jiangsu Province] Elderly Couple, Ms. Wei Wanru and Her Husband, Arrested
- [Hunchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Xu Guixia Harassed
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Arrested
- [Hulin City, Heilongjiang Province] Eight Practitioners and Two Drivers Arrested
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Li Yi and Other Practitioners Went on Hunger Strikes in Protest of Detention in Brainwashing Center
- [Inner Mongolia] Ms. Ren Huizhen Taken to a Brainwashing Center
- [Zhoukou City, Henan Province] Mr. Li Jie Severely Beaten to Extort a Confession
- [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Sui Chengxiang Seriously Ill as a Result of Persecution
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Han Shuqin Arrested
- [Shihezi City, Xinjiang Province] Ms. Cai Xinyan Arrested
- [Huarong County, Hunan Province] Mr. Xie Chaoyan Sent to Forced Labor Camp
- [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Deng Qixing Beaten and Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Li Huosheng Seriously Ill in Prison; Judge Ignores His Appeal
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Lei Xinhua Taken to Xinjin Brainwashing Center
- [Luzhou City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Shu Anqing and Her Husband, Mr. Luo Zhengguo, Arrested on November 10, 2011
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Mr. Song Guobin Held in Baoding Detention Center
1. [Suining County, Jiangsu Province] Elderly Couple, Ms. Wei Wanru and Her Husband, Arrested
On the afternoon of November 11, 2011, officers from the Suining County Domestic Security Team arrested Ms. Wei Wanru, in her 70's, on the street. A group of officers led by chief Song later went to Ms. Wei's home and ransacked it. Ms. Wei's husband, Mr. Chen Huixiang, argued with Song and was forcibly taken to the police car.
2. [Hunchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Xu Guixia Harassed
At midnight on November 4, 2011, officers went to Ms. Xu Guixia's home and forced their way in when Ms. Xu refused to open the door. The officers ransacked her home and attempted to take Ms. Xu away. They didn't succeed as Ms. Xu's family strongly opposed the arrest.
3. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Arrested
Ms. Liu, who is in her 50's, was arrested in October 2011. Her home was ransacked, and the police confiscated more than 30 books.
4. [Hulin City, Heilongjiang Province] Eight Practitioners and Two Drivers Arrested
On the evening of November 9, 2011, eight practitioners went to the Yunshan Farm to distribute pamphlets about Falun Gong and were arrested by officers from the Yunshan Farm Police Department. Eight practitioners and two drivers were taken to the Lianzhushan Detention Center the next day and later taken to the Hulin City Detention Center.
Director's Office of Yunshan Farm: +86-456-5979059
Secretary's Office of Yunshan Farm: +86-456-5979056
Director's Office of Yunshan Farm Police Department: +86-456-5979362
5. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Li Yi and Other Practitioners Go on Hunger Strikes in Protest of Their Detention in a Brainwashing Center
6. [Inner Mongolia] Ms. Ren Huizhen Taken to a Brainwashing Center
People involved in the arrest:
Nie Rongqing: +86-13604793205 (Cell)
Xu Yanan: +86-15148691494 (Cell)
7. [Zhoukou City, Henan Province] Mr. Li Jie Severely Beaten to Extort a Confession
On October 19, 2011, Mr. Li Jie was taken to the Taikang County Detention Center by officers from the Taikang County Political and Judiciary Committee and the Domestic Security Team. He has been held for 20 days, and the officers have beaten him severely in an attempt to extort a confession from him. Ms. Li's family has been denied any visitation rights.
Wang Zhongtian, director of Taikang County Detention Center:
Chief Wang Huanqing: +86-13838606525 (Cell)
8. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Sui Chengxiang Seriously Ill as a Result of Persecution
Ms. Sui Chengxiang was sentenced to 12 years in prison and was taken to the Shandong Province Women's Prison in March 2003. She is now seriously ill. On November 10, 2011, her family went to the prison to request her release.
9. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Han Shuqin Arrested
On the morning of November 9, 2011, Ms. Han Shuqin, 75, was arrested by officers from the Zunhua Domestic Security Team while she was making lunch at her home.
10. [Shihezi City, Xinjiang Province] Ms. Cai Xinyan Arrested
11. [Huarong County, Hunan Province] Mr. Xie Chaoyan Sent to Forced Labor Camp
Officers from the Huarong County Comprehensive Management Office (originally 610 Office) and the Political Security Section sentenced Mr. Xie Chaoyan to 18 months of forced labor without notifying his family. Mr. Xie was sent to the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha. His wife, Ms. Yan Congxi, went to the Huarong County Detention Center to visit him, and only then was she informed that Mr. Xie had been transferred to the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Yan went to the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp to visit her husband but was denied visitation.
12. [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Deng Qixing Beaten and Arrested
Mr. Deng Qixing from Huaying was arrested in early November. He was beaten during the arrest. It is unknown where he is being detained.
13. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Li Huosheng Seriously Ill in Prison; Judge Ignores His Appeal
Mr. Li Huosheng was secretly sentenced to five years in prison by the Wuchang District Court. He became seriously ill after being held in the Wuchang District Detention Center for six months. One of his legs has become severely swollen, and he has developed an open, painful wound on his back. One whole side of his body is in constant pain. He was sent to the Wuhan No. 2 Detention Center, and the authorities refused to admit him. He was sent to the Ankang Hospital, and the hospital also refused to admit him. Mr. Li's family hired an attorney for him and appealed to the Intermediate Court for a public trial and the release of Mr. Li on medical parole. Judge Chen Limin rejected their appeal, stating that Mr. Li would be tried as soon as possible.
Judge Chen Limin: +86-27-65686553
14. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Lei Xinhua Taken to Xinjin Brainwashing Center
On the morning of November 10, 2011, Mr. Lei Xinhua, a retired worker from the Hongguang Factory, was arrested by two plainclothes officers while grocery shopping. He is being held at the Xinjin Brainwashing Center.
15. [Luzhou City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Shu Anqing and Her Husband, Mr. Luo Zhengguo, Arrested on November 10, 2011
16. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Mr. Song Guobin Held in Baoding Detention Center
On the evening of October 7, 2011, Mr. Song Guobin was arrested. The officers took his keys and entered his home. They ransacked his home and confiscated a computer. Mr. Song's family was not notified until around October 18 that he was sent to the Baoding Detention Center.
Lu Wusuo, chief of the Baoding Downtown Domestic Security
Division: +86-13333122522 (Cell)
Feng Yong, chief of the Domestic Security Division of Baoding Police Department: +86-13333120899 (Cell), +86-13930881836 (Cell)
Ma Wenhe, head of the 610 Office in Baoding City: +86-312-3089759, +86-312-3020706, +86-13603222316 (Cell)