Name: Li Jie (李杰)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Lanqi Town, Fengcheng City
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Masanjia Women's Forced Labor Camp (马三家女子劳教所)
City: Fengcheng
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, torture, home ransacking, sleep deprivation

( Ms. Li Jie, a Falun Gong practitioner from Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province, was arrested in August 2009. After she was tortured at Baifang Detention Center in Dandong, she was sent to Masanjia Women's Forced Labor Camp.

Ms. Li Jie was arrested by police officers including Wang Guodong from Hongqi Township Police Station while she was distributing truth-clarification materials at Huangqi Village, Hongqi Township in August 2009. The same night, she was sent to Baifang Detention Center in Dandong.

Ms. Li was forced to work twelve-hour shifts in the detention center. Sometimes, she had to work overtime and then be on duty to stand for two hours at night. Female guard Wang Jing often slanders Dafa. When practitioner Ms. Wang Xiangju told her the truth about Dafa, Wang Jing slapped her face several times.

Over two months later, Ms. Li was sent to Masanjia Women's Forced Labor Camp. Every day, several monitors worked with the guards to attack practitioners and force them to watch slanderous videos.

Practitioners were forced to work for twelve hours every day. After each meal, the guards made practitioners recite the prison policies, and sing Chinese Communist Party songs. At night, they did not let the practitioners go to sleep. They also forced practitioners to do “homework” assigned by guard Zhang Lei. If they did not agree to do it, they used different ways to torture them.

In August 2010, Ms. Li refused to work to do the “homework” and recite the policies. Guard Zhang Lei kicked her, slapped her on the face and wrote words on her forehead slandering Dafa.

In 2011, when Ms. Li's term was up and she returned home, she learned that her house had been ransacked. Her eighty-year-old mother was traumatized by her illegal arrest and passed away. Her husband was sick due to the mental pressure and heavy burden. The financial loss the family suffered was about 20,000 to 30,000 yuan.

After Ms. Li returned home, Wang Guodong, the head of Lanqi Police Station, and police officer Ni Chengmin harassed her at home twice.

More facts on the persecution in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp:

In November 2009, the perpetrators transferred over ten inmates from Beijing and over ten Falun Gong practitioners.

Ms. Li Shumei, a practitioner from Wafangdian, Dalian, had her clothes stripped off by guard Yu Xiaochuan at the end of 2009. During the cold winter weather three basins of cold water were poured over Ms. Li from her head down. In March and April, 2010, guard Yu Xiaochuan and Zhang Jun handcuffed Ms. Li and forced her to squat on a brick. They also hung her upside down, which caused her to vomit blood. When she was sent to the hospital, she was diagnosed with high blood pressure.

During April and May, 2010, Yang Yufan, a practitioner from Jinzhou City, was handcuffed by guards Zhang Huan and Zhang Lei and hung up with her feet dangling above the ground until she fainted.

In November 2010, practitioner Ms. Lu Liping was handcuffed by guards Zhang Lei, Zhang Jun, and Wang Naimin with each of her hands tied to an iron bed. She could not stand up or squat. The guards shocked Ms. Lu on the mouth and head with electric batons.

In March and April, 2010, Ms. Du Yuhong, a practitioner from Shenyang, was handcuffed with each hand tied to an iron bed by Zhang Huan's subordinates. They then pulled from two sides and damaged her hand muscles; her hands were swollen like buns.