Name: Che Sikun(车泗坤)
Gender: Female
Age: 67
Address: Kunming City, Yunnan Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 25, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention:
No. 2 Provincial Women’s Prison of Yunnan (云南省第二女子监狱)
City: Kunming
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, home ransacked

( The Kunming City Court set October 24, 2011, as the date on which it will try Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Che Sikun.

On June 30, 2011, officers Zhang Yun, Shi Ruilin, He, and others from the Domestic Security Division of the Panlong District Police Station in Kunming City went to Ms. Che's home. Lying that they were there to check the electricity in the building, they told Ms. Che's 15-year-old granddaughter to open the door. Once the police entered the home, they called a locksmith to force open the door of Ms. Che's bedroom and ransacked it. They took Ms. Che's portrait of Falun Dafa's founder, Dafa books, printed materials about the persecution of Dafa, DVDs, and about 1,000 yuan in cash. Later they brought Ms. Che in for questioning and forced her son to sign a document to obtain bail and await trial with restricted movement.

Ms. Che's granddaughter was so upset by the police officers' violent intrusion that she started having nightmares and talking to herself. The girl's mother passed away after a car accident before the girl's first birthday, leaving her in the care of her grandmother, Ms. Che, who has since raised her.

Since June of this year, the Domestic Security Team of the Panlong District Police Station and the Kunming Procuratorate have brought Ms. Che in for questioning four times. Besides threatening her, the police also harassed her family and pressured them to monitor Ms. Che. Because other families members have been frightened and anxious due to police pressure and harassment, they have prevented her from leaving her home. Ms. Che has begun to show some symptoms of recurring heart disease.

Ms. Che was arrested once before and imprisoned for three years for talking to military personnel about Falun Dafa and the persecution on April 25, 2008. When she was imprisoned in the No. 2 Provincial Women’s Prison of Yunnan, her health declined to the point that the prison had to release her for medical reasons.