Additional Persecution News from China – December 21, 2010 (18 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 17 cities or counties in 9 provinces. In this report, 19 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 11 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Retired Doctor Ms. Pang Lijuan Died as a Result of Severe Persecution
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Zhansuo on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution at the Detention Center
- [Jianyang City, Sichuan Province] Seven Falun Gong Practitioners Detained in the Erehu Brainwashing Center in Ziyang City, Sichuan Province
- [Lixin County, Anhui Province] Ms. Guo Aixia Detained in the Lixin Detention Center
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Chen Huan Arrested
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Yang Hongjun and His Wife, Ms. Zhang Xiaolan, Arrested
- [Chongqing] Mr. Liu Yi on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution
- [Qu County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Hu Yurong Arrested
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Shi Guizhi Arrested
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Yuan Yawen and Ms. Cao Fenglan Sentenced
- [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Li Qinghong Arrested
- [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Additional Information about the Arrests of Ms. Liu Guiping and Ms. Lu Guiqin
- [Fuxin, Liaoning Province] Mr. Chen Bo Arrested
- [Zhangbei County, Hebei Province] Mr. Hou Shulin's Home Ransacked
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Lin Arrested
- [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Du Zezhou Detained in the Jinan Detention Center
- [Huangmei County, Hubei Province] Ms. Yuan Lini Arrested in Guangdong Province
- [Daxinganling, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Jingxun and Ms. Tan Zhengrong Sentenced to Prison.
1. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Retired Doctor Ms. Pang Lijuan Died As a Result of Severe Persecution
Early in the morning on June 22, 2007, practitioner Ms. Pang Lijyuan, a retired doctor from the Hanyang District of Wuhan was arrested during CCP-orchestrated massive raids. Later on, she was illegally sentenced to three years in prison and detained in Baofenglu Women's Prison in Wuhan City. During her detention, she was brutally tortured and injected with an unknown psychotropic drug.
Almost three year later when her term ended, her family carried her home on a stretcher. Over the next six months, her condition deteriorated and at 7:30 p.m. on December 9, 2010, she passed away at the age of 67.
2. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Zhansuo on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution at the Detention Center
Chen Daping, presiding judge of the Criminal Court of the Huangdao District Court in Qingdao; Li Ming, and others went to the Huangdao Detention Center on October 26, 2010, and announced that practitioner Mr. Wang Zhansuo, an attorney of the Hengxingtong Law Firm, had been sentenced to four years in prison.
On November 25, 2010, Mr. Wang's attorney went to the Huangdao Detention Center to visit him. Contrary to what the law allows, Huangdao 610 Office Chief Wang Jizhong refused to let the attorney see his client.
In order to protest the persecution, Mr. Wang began a hunger strike at the beginning of December and he is now very weak. The detention center has not released him.
Judge Ren from the Qingdao Intermediate's Court:
Wang Jizhong, chief of the Huangdao Detention Center: 86-532-66581261, 86-532-66581260
Deng Huangli, director of the Huangdao 610 Office: 86-13706308907
Han Tongshun from the Huangdao 610 Office: 86-532-66581160
3. [Jianyang City, Sichuan Province] Seven Falun Gong Practitioners Detained in the Erehu Brainwashing Center in Ziyang City, Sichuan Province
Mr. Ma Daiheng, Ms. Wang Hua, Ms. Wang Liqun, Mr. Wu Bangrong, Mr. Chen Yongjian, Ms. Li Yuanzhen, and Ms. Xu Suhua from Jianyang are still detained in the Erehu Brainwashing Center in Yingjie Town, Ziyang City, where they are brutally tortured everyday.
4. [Lixin County, Anhui Province] Ms. Guo Aixia Detained in the Lixin Detention Center
On November 28, 2010, officers from the Lixin Domestic Security Team took Ms. Guo Aixia away from her home. She is being held in the Lixin Detention Center.
5. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Chen Huan Arrested
Ms. Chen Huan, who is 20 years old, was arrested on December 19, 2010, while she was distributing Falun Gong materials in the Baibuting Residential Area in Hankou. She is being detained in the Erzhigou Women's Forced Labor Camp in the Dongxihu District.
Baibuting Detention Center: 86-27-82354669
6. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Yang Hongjun and His Wife, Ms. Zhang Xiaolan, Arrested
On November 22, 2010, Mr. Yang Hongjun and his wife, Ms. Zhang Xiaolan, were arrested for distributing Falun Gong DVDs. They are in the Shunde Detention Center.
7. [Chongqing] Mr. Liu Yi on a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution
Mr. Liu Yi, 28, lives in Liziba, the Yuzhong District, Chongqing. On the night of July 19, 2010, he was arrested while working at the Fukang Nourishing Clinic in Nanping, Chongqing. He was sentenced to one year of forced labor and is now in the Seven Division of Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing. Mr. Liu is on a hunger strike. Guards Li Yong and Bi Guanggui have both tortured him.
Chief Nie from the Seven Division of Xishanping Forced Labor Camp: 86-13251315657
8. [Qu County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Hu Yurong Arrested
On November 26, 2010, officers from the Dazhou 610 Office and Domestic Security Team arrested Ms. Hu Yurong while she was searching for a job. She was forcibly taken to the Dazhou Brainwashing Center. When she went on a protest hunger strike, the officers force-fed her. On December 12, 2010, she was transferred to the Qu Detention Center and is still there.
9. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Shi Guizhi Arrested
At 1 p.m. on December 20, 2010, officers from the Hongqi Police Station arrested Ms. Shi Guizhi. They also ransacked her home.
Hongqi Police Station in the Ganjingzi District, Dalian City: 86-411-84211578
10. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Yuan Yawen and Ms. Cao Fenglan Sentenced
Mr. Yuan Yawen was sentenced to three years in prison and Ms. Cao Fenglan was sentenced to 4 years. Now both practitioners are being detained in the Heizuizi Women's Prison.
11. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Li Qinghong Arrested
Mr. Li Qinghong, who is 40 years old, worked in the Taiyuan Electric System. On November 29, 2010, plainclothes police took him away from his office. His home was ransacked and the police took away Falun Gong books, two desktop computers, and a laptop.
12. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Additional Information about the Arrests of Ms. Liu Guiping and Ms. Lu Guiqin
On the afternoon of December 18, 2010, Ms. Liu Guiping and Ms. Lu Guiqin were arrested by officers from the Developing District Police Station while they were distributing Falun Gong materials and clarifying the facts about Falun Gong to people. Their homes were ransacked and the police took away an MP3 player and an MP5 player.
Tan Shaoguang, director of the Developing District Police
Department: 86-418-6569158, 86-13841855599, 86-15504186166
Wen Liang, associate director: 86-418-6569153, 86-13941839955, 86-15641880056
Wang Xingguang, chief of the Shahai Police Station: 86-418-2261776, 86-13795007777, 86-15504180007
13. [Fuxin, Liaoning Province] Mr. Chen Bo Arrested
On the morning of December 19, 2010, officers from the Zhonghualu Police Station arrested Mr. Chen Bo and ransacked his home. He is being detained in the Xinxing Police Station of the Xihe District Police Department.
Li Guangyi, director of the Xihe Police Department:
86-418-2178500, 86-13804186888, 86-15641876600
Zhang Guiquan, deputy director: 86-418-2178505, 86-13904986028, 86-15504189888
Chen Wei, chief of the Xinxing Police Station: 86-418-2178586, 86-13941848555, 86-15641859992
14. [Zhangbei County, Hebei Province] Mr. Hou Shulin's Home Ransacked
On the morning of December 11, 2010, Yang Guijun, chief of the Zhangbei Domestic Security Team and five officers, plus officers from the Youlougou Police Station, harassed the company where Mr. Hou Shulin works. The police went to Mr. Hou's home and searched his computer for Falun Gong-related materials. That same afternoon, the police broke into the home of Ms. Zhang Yulan and took her computer and confiscated other personal items.
Yang Guijun: 86-15612310091
Ye Haiqing: 86-15343131189
15. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Lin Arrested
On the afternoon of December 19, 2010, Ms. Wu Jinhong and Mr. Zhang Lin from Qiaoxi went out to talk to people about Falun Gong. Officers from the Daguocun Police Station on Pingxi Road arrested them. The police ransacked the home of Mr. Zhang Lin and took his computer, printer, Falun Dafa books, etc. Ms. Wu Jinhong has been released, but Mr. Zhang is still being detained in the Daguocun Police Station.
Daguocun Police Station in Xinhua District: 86-311-83610110
16. [Jinan City, Shandong Province] Mr. Du Zezhou Detained in the Jinan Detention Center
17. [Huangmei County, Hubei Province] Ms. Yuan Lini Arrested in Guangdong Province
Ms. Yuan Lini is from Dahe Town, Huangmei County. After she graduated from college, she went to Guangzhou to work. Because she practices Falun Gong, on May 11, 2010, officers from the Huangcun Police Station in the Tianhe District of Guangzhou arrested her. She was detained in the Tianhe Detention Center. On June 10, 2010, she was sentenced to one year in Chatou Forced Labor Camp, but Ms. Yuan had high blood pressure so the labor camp refused to accept her and she was taken back to the detention center. On September 20, 2010, the Tianhe 610 Office contacted the Hubei Provincial Legal System Education Center and sent her to the Hubei Provincial Brainwashing Center.
18. [Daxinganling, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Jingxun and Ms. Tan Zhengrong Sentenced to Prison.
On October 29, 2009, Mr. Liu Jingxun and his wife, Ms. Tan Zhengrong, from the Huzhong District, Daxinganling were arrested by the Huzhong Domestic Security Team. Their home was ransacked and property was taken. On May 13, 2010, Mr. Liu was sentenced to four years in prison while Ms. Tan was sentenced to 2 years in prison with 3 years severed outside.
On October 1, 2010, Mr. Liu Jingxun from was taken to Tailai Prison in Heilongjiang Province.
Fan Weixing, chief of the Huzhong Domestic Security Team:
Wang Yubao, warden of Huzhong Detention Center: 86-457-3438758, 86-457-3438757, 86-457-3438756
Guard Xue Xiaojun: 86-13845785589
Zhao Jin, presiding judge of Huzhong Court: 86-13854202367