Practitioners from Xiqin Township, Shuangcheng City in Heilongjiang Province Severely Tortured
(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioners from various villages in Xiqin Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province have been severely tortured. Below are accounts of persecution they have suffered.
Mr. Na Zhenxian tortured to death
Mr. Na Zhenxian from Zhiye Village started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. He was arrested on the evening of February 27, 2004, and taken to Shuangcheng City No. 2 Detention Center. He was later sentenced to two years in Changlingzi Forced Labor Camp. On September 16, 2005, Mr. Na was tortured to death. His body is in the mortuary at Harbin Hospital.
More information about Mr. Na Zhenxian can be found at:
Mr. Kou Fangqi tortured
Mr. Kou Fangqi, 42, from Zhiye Village started practicing in 1996. When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began its persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Kou went to the Heilongjiang provincial government to appeal. He was arrested and taken to a brainwashing center for 21 days. Mr. Kou went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong on August 18, 2000, but was arrested by officers from the Tian’an Police Station and taken to the Heilongjiang local government liaison office in Beijing. Officials from Xiqin Township government escorted him back to his hometown and detained him in the local detention center. On August 23, 2000, a police officer named Liu Yongze viciously beat Mr. Kou, while Yu Daquan, another officer, held a knife and threatened to cut open Mr. Kou’s abdomen. The superintendent of the police station, Yan Jun, interrogated him.
Officials from Xiqin Township and Zhiye Village, and officers from Xiqin Police Station ransacked Mr. Kou’s home. They attempted to confiscate his livestock, but were stopped by his family members. Police officer Xu Shubai then stole Mr. Kou’s motorcycle instead. Mr. Kou was taken to the Shuangcheng Police Station, and was detained there for 15 days. Jin Wanzhi from the 610 Office extorted 1,000 yuan from his family, officials from Xiqin Township and Zhiye Village extorted 5,500 yuan, and the police officers extorted 500 yuan.
Mr. Kou was arrested by Li Yunzhong from Xiqin Township and Sang Jun from Zhiye Village during the 2001 Chinese New Year holidays. He was then interrogated by police officer Fu Hongyun. The following day, he was taken to Shuangcheng Detention Center and detained there for 75 days. When he was released, government officials from Xiqin Township took him straight to a brainwashing center for a week. His family was forced to pay 700 yuan before he was allowed to return home. Government officials and the police from Huandian Town arrested Mr. Kou on May 16, 2001, and took him to the Shuangcheng Detention Center again. He was detained there for 42 days.
Wang Lianjun, secretary of the Xiqin Township Political and Judiciary Committee; Sun Jinxing, superintendent of the police station; Li Xuezhi, security officer of Zhiye Village, Meng Qingpeng and other officials arrested Mr. Kou while he was at home on the evening of February 27, 2004. They took him to the township government offices, where officials Jiang Xidong and Pan Shuang beat him until he fainted. They then took him to the Shuangcheng Detention Center the following day. Mr. Kou was taken to Wanjia Forced Labor Camp on March 11, 2004, where he was tortured. On March 15, he was transferred to Changlingzi Forced Labor Camp. Ji Zhiwei, the deputy leader of Team 3, ordered Mr. Kou to write a guarantee statement to renounce his belief, but he refused. So Ji Zhiwei tore off his clothes and poured cold water over him and forced him to stand in a strenuous position for a long period of time, and didn't allow him to sleep. When he was transferred to Team 4 on October 11, 2004, he was taken to a storage room, and was brutally beaten. Mr. Kou again refused to sign the guarantee statement, so inmates Yu Zhen and Yu Lei kicked him in the face and poured cold water over him.
Ms. Kou Fangkai tortured
Ms. Kou Fangkai, 53, from Zhiye Village started practicing in 1996. Na Zhenkuan, party secretary of Zhiye; Sang Jun, a security officer, and other officials have attempted to brainwash her many times since the persecution started in 1999. They have also ransacked her home, confiscating her Falun Dafa books and identification card, and restricted her actions by not allowing her to travel out of the village. On July 26, 1999, Liu Yongze, Yu Daquan and other police officers demanded that she write a guarantee statement to renounce her belief. When she refused, they arrested her and took her to Xiqin Township Detention Center, where she was handcuffed to a bed frame for 16 hours.
When Ms. Kou tried to leave the village on December 21, 2000, she was arrested by officers from the Shuangcheng Police Station, Wu Zhongge and other officials from Xiqin Township. She was beaten by Wang Jiwen, party secretary of Xiqin Township Political and Judiciary Committee; Wu Zhongge and Li Yunzhong. They confiscated her money and prevented her from going to the restroom. She was detained for more than 80 hours, and only released when she went on a hunger strike.
Several officials from Zhiye Village and Xiqin Township government arrested Ms. Kou on December 23, 2000, and took her to the township detention center. When her son and husband asked the village government officials about her whereabouts that afternoon, they were beaten by Na Zhenkuan and police officers Han Yanchun and Fu Hongyu. Ms Kou’s husband and son were then taken to the detention center and were only released after they paid 500 yuan. Ms. Kou was later detained in the township brainwashing center for 23 days, and was released when Wang Jiwen extorted 1,000 yuan from her.
Ms. Zhou Shuyun arrested several times
Ms. Zhou Shuyun from Zhiye Village started practicing in 1996. When she went to Heilongjiang Provincial government to appeal for Falun Gong, she was arrested and taken back to Zhiye. She was detained and brainwashed for 21 days. When she was released, Na Zhenkuan and Sang Jun monitored her.
Officers from Lanling Police Station arrested Ms. Zhou in June 2000, when she was on her way to Beijing to appeal. An officer from Xiqin Township Police Station took her back to her village. Village treasurer Xu Lixin and Li Xuezhi monitored her all night. The next day, they took her to a detention center, where she was held for 17 days. In September 2000, Yan Jun, Li Yunzhong and Jin Wanzhi, an official from local 610 Office, arrested Ms. Zhou at her home. They took her to Shuangcheng Detention Center, where Zhang Shiyue, deputy head of the public security bureau; Zhang Guofu, and Jin Wanzhi from the 610 Office interrogated her. She was held for 16 days and was released when her family paid 1,000 yuan.
On December 23, 2001, officials from Zhiye took Ms. Zhou to the Xiqin Detention Center. She was held there for 3 days and was deprived of sleep. Na Zhenkuan demanded that she curse Falun Dafa and their Teacher, but she refused. Then they tried to take her to Shuancheng Detention Center, but the officials there refused to take her. On January 15, 2001, Pan Chunku, Wang Jiwen and Wu Gezhong extorted 1,000 yuan and took part of the livestock from her family before releasing her.
Ms. Wen Shuangling arrested several times
Ms. Wen Shuangling from Zhiye Village began practicing in 1996. When she appealed for the right to practice Falun Gong, she was monitored by Na Zhenkuan and Sang Jun for 21 days. On a night in October 1999, Liu Yongze, Xu Shubai, Qi Er, Sang Jun and Li Xuezhi broke into her home and ransacked it. They then took her father to the police station and handcuffed him to a heater pipe for the entire night. They fined him 200 yuan the next day and released him.
In June 2000, Ms. Wen went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested by officers from Lanling Police Station. Liu Yongze and others from the Xiqin Town Police Station escorted her back to Zhiye. Liu Yongze insulted her and forced her to kneel down. Li Xuezhi and Xu Lixin monitored her all night and took her to the Market Detention Center the following day. She was detained there for 17 days.
Jin Wanzhi, Yan Jun, Li Yunzhong and others from the Shuangcheng City 610 Office arrested her in September 2000. Li Yunzhong tortured her during the interrogation. She was arrested at a later time by Zhang Guofu from the 610 Office, and detained for 16 days. Zhang Shiyue extorted 1,000 yuan from her before releasing her.
Ms. Cao Zhongqin arrested
Ms. Cao Zhongqin, 43, from Xiaoguanjia in Xiqin Township went to Beijing to appeal in October 2000. She was arrested and beaten by the police until she fainted. She was taken to the Shuangcheng Detention Center and was held there for 18 days. Zhou Zhenlin from the City Court and Zhang Shiyue extorted 2,000 yuan and officials at the detention center extorted 180 yuan from her family. Li Yunzhong and Wu Zhongge arrested her 20 days later and tortured her. They pulled her by the hair and pushed her head against the wall. They demanded that she write a guarantee statement to renounce her belief, but she refused. She was released a week later. She was arrested again a few days later and held at the police station for 6 days.
On May 16, 2001, Ms. Cao was arrested and held for 50 days at Shuangcheng Detention Center. Zhang Shiyue extorted 500 yuan and officials at the detention center extorted 400 yuan from her family.
When Ms. Cao went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong in December 2001, she was arrested on Tiananmen Square. Xu Zhenqian, the village party secretary, and Wu Zhongge went to Beijing to collect her, and take her to the city's detention center. She went on a hunger strike for ten days and was force-fed salty water. She was released 20 days later.
Ms. Cao was arrested nearly a week later by Wu Zhongge and other government officials. She was taken to a detention center and frequently fell in and out of consciousness. Wang Jiwen extorted 300 yuan from her family before they released her. During her detention Wu Zhongge, Xu Zhenqian and Xu Shuyan confiscated their livestock. During the Chinese New Year holidays, she was taken to a brainwashing center for 25 days. Cao Zhongqin extorted 300 yuan from her before releasing her.
Mr. Xu Zhenfeng arrested and home ransacked
Mr. Xu Zhenfeng, 52 and from Zhiye Village, started practicing at the end of 1996. When he appealed for Falun Gong to the provincial government, he was monitored by Na Zhenkuan, Wu Ronghe, and Sang Jun when he returned. On the night of November 4, 1999, Liu Yongze, Xu Shubo and others from the police station broke into his home and ransacked it. They also demanded that he pay them 1,500 yuan. Wang Jiwen and Liu Yongze took him to a detention center on January 18, 2000, where he was held for 21 days. Officials at the 610 Office forced him to pay 1,000 yuan.
When Mr. Xu went to Beijing to appeal in April 2002, he was arrested by police on Tiananmen Square. Wu Zhongge, Na Zhenkuan and the village treasurer Xu Lixin brought him back and took him to a detention center. He was then transferred to Changlingzi Forced Labor Camp, where he was held for 3 years and fined over 10,000 yuan.
Practitioners arrested, tortured and sent for brainwashing sessions
1) Mr. Yuan Zhiquan from Xiqin Village appealed in Beijing in November 2000. He was arrested several days later by officers from the Xiqin Police Station and held for 4 days. Wu Zhongge and Li Yunzhong pushed him against a wall. They forced him to pay 2,500 yuan before releasing him. On the evening of December 25, 2001, Zhu Wanlong, village party secretary, ordered security officers, Wang Lianchun and Wang Wencheng to arrest him. He was taken to a brainwashing center and was only released after his family paid 1,000 yuan.
2) Mr. Zhao Yankun from Aixian Village began practicing in 1997. He was arrested by village party secretary Guan Xuwu, Wen Defu and a driver from the police station as he was on his way to Shuangcheng on December 30, 2000. Yan Jun brutally beat him in the police station. Gao Jun confiscated 260 yuan from him and the police extorted 700 yuan from his family. On January 20, 2001, Wang Jiwen and Wu Zhongge arrested him and took him to a brainwashing center. The village party secretary forced him to pay 500 yuan on February 28 and then released him.
3) When Ms. Xu Shufang from Xiqin Village appealed for the right to practice Falun Gong in Beijing in November 2001, she was arrested by officers from the Tiananmen Public Security Bureau. She was taken to the Shuangcheng Detention Center and held there for 17 days. Zhu Wanlong, Luo Zhenglong, Wang Lianchun, Wang Wencheng, Zhao Baochen, Wang Lianwei and others tried to force her family to pay 3,000 yuan. When they found that her family did not have that much money, they confiscated the family vehicle instead. Her family had to borrow money to pay Zhu Wanlong 3,000 yuan to get their vehicle back. In the evening of December 25, 2001, Wang Lianchun and Wang Wencheng arrested her and took her to a brainwashing center. She was released 23 days later, after Wang Jiwen had extorted 1,000 yuan from her family.
4) Ms. Jiang Shuhua, 62, from Zhiye Village began practicing in 1996. After the 2001 Chinese New Year holidays, she was held at the town government brainwashing center for over three weeks and her family was forced to pay 1,000 yuan for her release. In 2000, Liu Yongze and others from the Xiqin Police Station arrested her when she was traveling to Beijing. She was beaten and later released. On September 30, 2002, Zhang Xiaoyin and others from Xiqin Police Station ransacked her home and arrested her. They took her to the Shuangcheng Detention Center, where she was held for two weeks. Sun Jinxing extorted 1,500 yuan before releasing her.
5) When Ms. Qiao Chenghua from Xiqin Village appealed in Beijing in November 2001, she was arrested by officers from the Tiananmen Public Security Bureau. They beat her with electric batons and pierced her hands with needles. She was later transferred to the Heilongjiang Office in Beijing. On the evening of December 25, 2001, Zhu Wanlong ordered security officers Wang Lianchun and Wang Wencheng to arrest Ms. Qiao and take her to the brainwashing center. She was held there for 23 days. They extorted 1,000 yuan from her family before releasing her.
6) When Ms. Wang Yingfang from Xiqin Village went to Beijing to appeal, she was arrested and held for 18 days in Shuangcheng Detention Center. Village officials confiscated the land her family farmed and extorted 1,400 yuan from them. She was held for 4 days at the Xiqin Town Police Station. Li Yunzhong grabbed her by the hair and pushed her against a wall. They demanded 400 yuan from her family before releasing her. In the evening of December 25, 2001, she was arrested by Zhu Wanlong and was held for 22 days. Her family was forced to pay 1,000 yuan before she was released.