Name: Yu Quan (于全)
Gender: Female
Age: 60
Address: Longtan District, Jilin, Jilin Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: December 21, 2010
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 25, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jilin Detention Center (吉林市看守所)
City: Jilin
Province: Jilin
Persecution Suffered: Illegal sentencing, imprisonment, detention, denied visitation

( Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yu Quan was persecuted to death on December 11, 2010, by Public Security Bureau police in Jilin. She was handcuffed to a hospital bed before she died. The police also threatened her family on the day of her death.

Ms. Yu was retired from Department 250 of a chemical company. After she began practicing Falun Gong in 1998, her kidney disease, lower back pain, fatigue, and night blindness symptoms disappeared, and she became very healthy.

Officers from Yushugou Police Station went to Ms. Yu's home in May 2004 to arrest her, but she was not home at that time. The police took away her sister and son. Her sister was sent to a forced labor camp for one year. Ms. Yu was homeless after that, and forced to move to different locations. She went to Beijing on June 16, 2004 to clarify the truth, and was reported to police by a cameraman in Tienanmen Square. She was taken by officers from the Dongcheng District and held in a detention center for over two years. She didn't provide the police with her name or address. Her code name was 6-16. She became emaciated and had vision problems after she was released. Fearing that Ms. Yu would die in the detention center, police officials removed her from Beijing and left her abandoned in Shenyang. She was penniless at that time. Some kindhearted people brought her into their homes and took care of her.

Pressured by the Chinese Communist Party, Ms. Yu's husband was forced to divorce her. Police from Beijing attempted to collude with the Jilin police station to arrest Ms. Yu, but without success. Their actions forced Ms. Yu to leave home again, leaving behind her elderly mother and an adolescent son.

Ms. Yu was arrested on April 25, 2009, in her rented room on the 7th floor of the East Market in the Lantien District. The police approached her by pretending to read her water meter. Ms. Yu didn't tell them her name. The Changyi Court dubbed her “Wang,” then sentenced her to two years in prison for using a “cult organization” to undermine law enforcement. Ms. Yu tried to appeal to the Jilin Intermediate People's Court. Her family hired a lawyer, who demanded an open trial for her case. Nonetheless, without informing her family or lawyer, the court held a secret trial and sentenced her.

Ms. Yu was held in the Jilin Detention Center, and her family was not allowed to see her. They went to the detention center to deposit some money for her one day, but were told that there was no such person there. On December 10, 2010, detention center personnel informed her family unexpectedly that she had been transferred to a tuberculosis hospital in Jilin. When her family went to see her in the hospital, they found her extremely emaciated. She couldn't get out of bed and walked very slowly to the bathroom. She couldn't get up once she sat down and needed help. She said that she didn't feel comfortable asking people to take care of her because she had loose bowels. Her inmates told her that she looked 40 or 50 years old when she first came in, but now looked 70 or 80. Ms. Yu revealed that she was under a lot of pressure and was repeatedly told to sign a guarantee statement that denounced her faith, but she always refused. One day, her heartbeat became irregular. Guards gave her a pill, causing her heart rate to drop to 30 beats per minute. She lost consciousness.

Ms. Yu was monitored by two officers in the tuberculosis hospital. She experienced severe back pain on December 11, but doctors said that she was being pretentious. She was transferred to Hospital 465; doctors there said that she had no pulse and was not breathing even before she arrived.

Related article:

Chinese version吉林法轮功女学员于全被迫害致死-233669.html