Additional Persecution News from China – January 14, 2011 (23 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 19 cities or counties in nine provinces. In this report, 24 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 15 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Yufang, Mr. Liu Dianyuan, and Ms. Guo Fengzhan Tried in Secret
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Sun Wei Arrested
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Shuqing and Mr. Xin Shiwen Arrested
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wang Yukun Detained in Dalian Forced Labor Camp
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Yao Chengxu Arrested in Shanghai and His Whereabouts Unknown
- [Qiqihaer, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ren Ping and Other Practitioners Sentenced
- [Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Chen Zhiwen Held in County Detention Center
- [Jinlin Province] Updates about Arrested Practitioners in Huadian City
- [Beijing] Ms. Li Li Persecuted
- [Zhangjiakou, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Guiping Sentenced Secretly to Three Years in Prison
- [Tianjin] Additional Information about the Arrest of Ms. Zhao Huayun
- [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Ms. Du Jiying Arrested
- [Laixi, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Honglei and Others Facing Trial
- [Weifang, Shandong] Additional Information about the Persecution of Mr. Cao Wanghu
- [Datong City, Shanxi] Mr. Liu Yuhong Arrested
- [Quzhou County, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Haibin Arrested by Officers from Zhangqiu Public Security Bureau on January 11
- [Tianjin] Ms. Li Yanxia Arrested at Home on January 13 and Her Whereabouts Unknown
- [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Mr. Liu Lailun Detained
- [Tianjin] Ms. Liang Harassed and Persecuted
- [Dunhua, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Jingping and Another Practitioner Arrested in Late October 2010
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Liang Dong and His Wife, Ms. Luo Xiaojuan Arrested, in Guangzhou
- [Pengzhou, Sichuan] Mr. Zheng Weigang Persecuted
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] More Information about Ms. Liu Dongmei
1. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Yufang, Mr. Liu Dianyuan, and Ms. Guo Fengzhan Tried in Secret
Lingyuan City Court secretly tried Ms. Liu Yufang and Mr. Liu Dianyuan on January 11, 2011, and Ms. Guo Fengzhan in Lingyuan on January 12, 2011.
2. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Sun Wei Arrested
Ms. Sun Wei is in her 30s and works in the Dalian Locomotive Commercial Building. On January 12, she was apprehended from her booth at about 10:00 a.m and put under arrest.. According to witnesses, she was severely beaten and had her personal belongings thrown all over. It is not known from which police station those officers were from or where Ms. Sun is being held.
3. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Shuqing and Mr. Xin Shiwen Arrested
Officers arrested Ms. Wang Shuqing and Mr. Xin Shiwen from Ms. Wang's home at about 9:00 a.m. on January 13, 2011. They took Ms. Wang's laptop and printer, among other items.
4. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wang Yukun Detained in Dalian Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Wang Yukun is in his 50s. He was arrested at about 5:00 p.m. on November 23, 2010, for clarifying the facts about Falun Gong at the Quanshui economical home construction site. He was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor.
5. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Yao Chengxu Arrested in Shanghai and His Whereabouts Unknown
Mr. Yao Chengyu was an instructor at the Changchun City Air Force Second Flying School and an officer of the rank of lieutenant commander. He was dismissed from his job when the persecution of Falun Gong began and is now working in a big company in Shanghai. Officers from Shanghai Public Security Bureau arrested him at work around January 11, 2011. His whereabouts are unknown.
6. [Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ren Ping and Other Practitioners Sentenced
Qiqihar City Court plan to try Ms. Ren Ping, Ms. Luo Ying, Ms. Jiang Yuehong, and Ms. Wu Xiaohong at 8:30 a.m. on January 17.
Han Dai and other four officers from Wenhualu Police Station in the Jianhua District of Qiqihar City arrested Ms. Wu Xiaohong on January 26, 2010. Gao, director of Qiqihar Public Security Bureau Longsha Branch 610 Office, and others arrested Ms. Ren Ping, Ms. Luo Ying, Ms. Jiang Yuehong, etc. Officers took turns interrogating them and trying to get them to “confess.” They torture practitioners by not allowing them to sleep, hanging them by handcuffs secured behind their backs, suspending them in the air, etc.
Wenhualu Police Station in the Jianhua District:
Zhang Shoulun is the director of Wenhualu Police Station
Li Jiaming, director of Qiqihar 610 Office: 86-452-2791608, 86-452-2791613
Gao, deputy director of Longsha District 610 Office: 86-452-2487125
7. [Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Chen Zhiwen Held in County Detention Center
Mr. Chen Zhiwen was arrested by officers from Wuguocheng Police Station when he was eating in a restaurant on January 12, 2011. He is now being held in Yilan County Detention Center.
Xu Haibo, director of county 610 office: 86-451-57238610,
Xu Yan, deputy director: 86-15045297878
Zhang Yingduo, chief of the domestic security division: 86-451-57237676, 86-451-57227901, 86-13604815977
8. [Jilin Province] Updates about Arrested Practitioners in Huadian City
Mr. Bai Jingzhi was sentenced to six years and is now being held in Huadian Detention Center. No further information about him. Ms. Zhou Liping was sentenced to three years; Ms. Qian Yuhua, four years; Ms. Li Yumei, four years; and Ms. Ma Yunfeng, four years and six months. They have been sent to Huizuizi Prison in Changchun.
9. [Beijing] Ms. Li Li Persecuted
Ms. Li Li from Beijing was a professor of philosophy at the National Procurator Institute. She was arrested in November 2002 and sentenced to nine years in prison. Ms. Li is still being held in the fourth Ward, Beijing Woman’s Prison, isolated and under strict control.
10. [Zhangjiakou, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Guiping Secretly Sentenced to Three Years of Prison
Ms. Li Guiping was arrested by three officers from Dongsheng Police Station on February 3, 2010, for clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. She was detained in Zhangjiakou Detention Center and then sentenced in secret to three years of prison. She was taken to Shijiazhuang Prison in the middle of November 2010.
11. [Tianjin] Additional Information about the Arrest of Ms. Zhao Huayun
Officers from Tianjin Public Security Bureau Beichen Branch and Tianmu Town Police Station arrested Ms. Zhao Huayun at work on the afternoon of December 21, 2010. They took her computer and printer from her home as well. Ms. Zhao is now being held in the detention center of Beichen Brach.
Beichen Branch Beicang Police Station: 86-22-26390326
12. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Ms. Du Jiying Arrested
Ms. Du Jiying from Xinji City was arrested at home by officers from Xinji City Public Security Bureau Domestic Security Division on December 30, 2010. They detained her in the fifth building of the public security bureau.
Wei Zhaohui, chief of the domestic security division:
Li Xiaofeng, deputy chief of the domestic security division: 86-13933167196
13. [Laixi, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Honglei and Others Facing Trial
Ms. Wang Honglei, Ms. Ding Hongfang, Ms. Wang Cuifang, Ms. Jiang Meihong, Ms. Zhang Meiyu, and Ms. Zhao Shuhuan will be tried on January 14. They have being held in Dashan Detention Center in Qingdao.
Zhang Xiaomei, deputy director of Laixi 610 Office:
Liu Zhixi, director of Laixi 610 Office: 86-532-88478836, 86-532-88483480, 86-13969683377, 86-13706309998
14. [Weifang, Shandong] Additional Information about the Persecution of Mr. Cao Wanghu
Mr. Cao Wanghu, doing odd jobs in Weifang, was arrested by officers from Beimeng Police Station at noon on December 2, 2010, as he was leaving work. They took him directly to Zhangqiu Forced Labor Camp in Jinan City for a term of one year. After many difficulties and postponements in searching for Mr. Cao, his son went to the camp, but the guards did not allow them to meet.
15. [Datong City, Shanxi] Mr. Liu Yuhong Arrested
Officers from Datong City Public Security Bureau and Shuibosi Police Station in Datong arrested Mr. Liu Yuhong at his home on January 10, 2011. They also ransacked his home and took a computer, a CD burner, a printer, and three cell phones.
Han Dong, the major persecutor: 86-13383428808
16. [Quzhou County, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Haibin Arrested by Officers from Qiu Public Security Bureau on January 11
17. [Tianjin] Ms. Li Yanxia Arrested at Home on January 13 and Her Whereabouts Unknown
Nanjiang Domestic Security Division in Bohaishiyou:
Donggu Police Station: 86-22-66916850, 86-22-66915956, 86-22-66916851
18. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Mr. Liu Lailun Detained
Mr. Liu Lailun from Xijiepai Village, Jiepai Town, Mengyin County, was apprehended on November 19, 2010, while he was handing out fliers clarifying facts about Falun Gong in Zhengcheng Town, Pingyi County. He was arrested by officers from Zhengcheng Town Police Station and is now being held in Pingyi County Detention Center.
Li, Political instructor from Zhengcheng Town Police Station in Pingyi County: 86-13953955307
19. [Tianjin] Ms. Liang Harassed and Persecuted
Ms. Liang from the Xingang Area, the Tanggu District, Tianjin, was followed and reported to Hangzhoudao Police Station in the Tanggu District on January 5, 2011, while she was out telling about Falun Gong. Officers ransacked her home the same evening and attempted to detain Ms. Liang. Because Ms. Liang was diagnosed with high blood pressure, they had to release her. The police continue to come to her home and harass her.
Hangzhoudao Police Station in Tanggu: 86-22-25344337,
Officer Yang Cheng: 86-13920196456
20. [Dunhua, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Jingping and Another Practitioner Arrested in Late October 2010
21. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Liang Dong and His Wife, Ms. Luo Xiaojuan, Arrested in Guangzhou
Mr. Liang Dong from Yunnan moved to Guangzhou City in order to avoid persecution. He was working there. He and his wife, Ms. Luo Xiaojun, who is also a practitioner, went to a small restaurant after work for dinner on August 21, 2010. Upon leaving the restaurant, they were arrested by officers from Guangzhou City Yuexiu District 610 Office who had been waiting for them outside. Their rented home was ransacked and their three-year-old son was left in kindergarten with nobody to take care of him. Mr. Liang and Ms. Luo's whereabouts are unknown.
22. [Pengzhou, Sichuan] Mr. Zheng Weigang Persecuted
Mr. Zheng Weigang from Pengzhou City was arrested by agents from Mengyang Town at bout 11:00 p.m. on January 11, 2011, while he was tearing down banners defaming Falun Gong. The next day, Liu Zhengfang from Mengyang Town 610 Office and others searched Mr. Zheng's home but found no “evidence.” They beat Mr. Zheng and made his nose bleed. Mr. Zheng is now being held in Mengyang Police Station.
23. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] More Information about Ms. Liu Dongmei
Ms. Liu Dongmei from Dalian has been held in Fujian Women's Prison. She was supposed to be released on January 7 when her term ended, but she hasn't come home yet. It was heard that her term was extended.
January 14, 2011