(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioners Rao Huoli and Yuan Shixiu from Fuzhou City, Fujian Province were arrested by the local police on December 18, 2009, and sentenced to four-year and three-year prison terms, respectively.

On July 10, 2009, 56-year-old Ms. Rao Huoli and 53-year-old Ms. Yuan Shixiu clarified the truth about Falun Gong in towns around the local countryside and were reported by a village head. Local police station director Wang Hui and Domestic Security Division member Lai Yonglin, along with policemen Cao Lancheng, Lai Xinbo, and others, arrested them. They were detained in the detention center for over five months. Ms. Rao Huoli was released for medical treatment for high blood pressure.

During this period, the county Procuratorate rejected the so-called evidence put together by the police three times, citing insufficient evidence. However, the police did additional "investigation" three times, falsified materials, and produced false witnesses. Ms. Rao Huoli was subsequently sentenced to four years of prison. Ms. Rao developed high blood pressure, and the intermediate court let her serve her term outside of prison.

Ms. Yuan Shixiu was sentenced to a three-year prison term. She was sent to Fuzhou City Women's Prison in February 2010. Ms. Yuan developed heart disease and some gynecological diseases. She had also undergone cataract surgery. Her family visited her several times and requested medical treatment for her outside of the prison, but were refused by the prison each time.

Before this, these two Falun Gong practitioners have been persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) many times.

In January 2001, Ms. Rao Huoli and Yuan Shixiu traveled to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to say "Falun Dafa is great," and were arrested and detained in a detention center by officers Duan Yinghui, Cao Lancheng, Guan Keji, Lan Fuchun, Zheng Peiji, etc. from the 610 Office, county Public Security Bureau, and other agencies dedicated to persecuting Falun Gong.

Zeng Jianxiong from the county Domestic Security Division, along with several police officers, broke into Ms. Rao Huoli's home in September 2003, and confiscated her computer, printer, CD player, Falun Dafa books and video tapes, etc. Ms. Rao Huoli and her daughter, as well as two other Falun Gong practitioners, were taken to the detention center. After eight or nine months, Ms. Rao Huoli was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp, and her daughter lost her job. Her whole family got into a very bad financial situation and it was hard to make a living.

During the winter of 2003, Ms. Rao Huoli was sent to Fuzhou City Women's prison and was subjected to many inhumane tortures. She was confined in a small cell, deprived of sleep and use of the bathroom, shocked with electric batons, and hung by her handcuffed wrists, over the course of several months. She could not lift her arms, and needed assistance to eat or put on clothes. Her blood pressure rose to above 250. The prison refused her family's requests to take her outside for treatment. She was released when her term expired.