(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Tang Jinming is from Guxi Town, Huiguang 6th Village 1st Division of Tongnan County, Chongqing City. In April of 2005, he was sentenced to a five year prison term for installing a speaker to broadcast information about Falun Gong. On March 3, 2006, he was taken to Chongqing Yongchuan Prison, where he was subjected to intense labor and brutal torture until his release in April of 2010.

Arrested and Tortured for Exposing the Persecution of Falun Gong

On the evening of April 4, 2005, Mr. Tang and another practitioner went to the Sichuan Foreign Language Institute in the Shapingba District of Chongqing, and installed a speaker so that he could tell teachers and students about Falun Gong. They were discovered and arrested by security guards. The guards beat him with leather belts until his body was covered with cuts and bruises. The guards rested for a while and then beat him again. After over one hour, he was taken to the Tongjiaqiao Security Office.

Torture and Brainwashing

Police at the Tongjiaqiao Security Office then interrogated him.

At 3:30 a.m., the speaker began broadcasting information about Falun Gong. The police were furious and body-searched Mr. Tang. After taking off his clothes, they saw that he was injured and covered with blood. Mr. Tang went on a hunger strike to protest the torture. Eight officers stripped him down, tied him up on a bed, and force-fed him. He refused to cooperate, so they held him down, resulting in more injuries.

After realizing that they could not make him renounce Falun Gong, they took him to the Jingkou Brainwashing Center that afternoon. Twelve guards watched him daily and tortured him physically and mentally. They deprived him of sleep for four days and nights, so he went again on a hunger strike. Due to the torture, his health deteriorated. He felt dizzy and had a headache.

During the fifteen days of detainment, he was handcuffed around the clock and tortured with various torture methods. Li Hong from the Shaping District 610 Office and two police officers with the surnames Shu and Gou burned his head and face with cigarette butts.

On April 18, the head of the Chongqing 610 Office returned from Beijing and demanded unsuccessfully that he provide the names of all practitioners involved in the aforementioned incident. They kept him in handcuffs the entire time. At noon on April 19, he was taken to the Shapingba Detention Center and sentenced to a five year prison term.

Vicious Inmates Continue Torture

On March 3, 2006, Mr. Tang was taken to Chongqing Yongchuan Prison and on March 9 they transferred him to the 12th Division of the Second Team. Police officer Li Caisheng assigned the three most vicious inmates to monitor him. They took turns torturing him. He was only allowed to sleep two hours a night, had to perform hard labor, and family visits were not allowed.

In 2007, police officer Zhang Meng called in armed police to beat up Mr. Tang. They forced him to stand in a rigid position for several hours, and then forced him to run laps. After the hours of standing, he could barely stand up straight, much less run under his own power, so two inmates were assigned to hold him up, one on each side, as he ran. Several hours later, his back and legs became excruciatingly painful, and after the two inmates stopped supporting him, he collapsed.

He was released on April 6, 2010. His body was broken, but his mind remains strong in the belief in Falun Dafa.