(Clearwisdom.net) Fifty-seven-year-old Liu Baoqin works at the Tangshan City Committee Print Shop. On the evening of August 11, 2010, officers from the Guoan and Jianshelu Police Stations pried open the metal window covers on the north side of Ms. Liu's house to gain entry, and then ransacked her home. They took Ms. Liu Baoqin, her husband Li Hongqi, and her daughter Li Yingnan to Changningdao Detention Center in Tangshan City.

Liu Baoqin's home address is Room #103, Gate #3, 20th Floor, Huayannanli, Lubei District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province. Her husband, Li Hongqi, works at the Tangshan City Department of Transportation. Her daughter, Li Yingnang, is an elementary school teacher. They have been persecuted many times since the persecution began in 1999, for practicing Falun Gong. In January 2001, Ms. Liu declared the statements she wrote while pressured by the Chinese Communist Party about not practicing Falun Gong were void. In order to avoid being arrested, she left her home and became destitute.

In May 2001, during a meeting giving instructions for the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, Chen Man, secretary of the Tangshan City Politics and Law Committee, claimed, "We must achieve a one hundred percent transformation rate, even if it costs the lives of a few practitioners." He gave the names of six practitioners that he wanted "transformed." Within a month, these practitioners were illegally arrested, including Ms. Liu Baoqin and her daughter, Li Yingnang.

Hao Dongping, along with others from the Tangshan Public Security Bureau, arrested two practitioners on July 3, 2001, at the bus terminal located on the south side of the West Train Station in Tangshan. On the morning of July 20, Ms. Liu was arrested at District 48 in Tangshan. The guards took 2,000 yuan from her. She was detained for more than a year at the Second Detention Center in Tangshan. While being detained, Ms. Liu exposed the violent acts committed by the guards, so she was shackled with a chain weighing more than 60 pounds for ninety days. She still suffers from numbness and pain in her legs. She refused to give up practicing Falun Gong, and was taken to the brainwashing center at the Tangshan Textile University for sixteen months. Because of the prolonged torture, Ms. Liu is not able to stand up straight. She has repeatedly gone to her job to get the pay owed to her, but her request is always denied. For the past ten years, her employer has not paid her wages, thus making her life financially difficult. During "sensitive dates," the family of three was monitored and they could not even step out of the house to buy groceries.

Ms. Liu's daughter, Li Yingnang, 30, teaches at Beishiyan Elementary School on Tangshan Road. While clarifying the truth at Tiananmen Square in late November 2001, she was arrested and detained at the First Detention Center in Tangshan. Wang Xiuyu, who was imprisoned for drug trafficking, tortured Ms. Li. Wang beat her and poured ice-cold water on her, forced her to stand for a long time, and did not let her sleep for a month. Zhang Xin, the head of the detention center, repeatedly beat Ms. Li to the point of unconsciousness, then poured cold water on her during the winter to wake her up. Yao Shujun, a female guard, also beat Ms. Li numerous times, and forced her to stand for two months, only allowing her to rest from 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. Zhang Xin (note: different from the previous Zhang Xin), the head of the women's prison, threatened Ms. Li that he would take her clothes off and throw her into the men's prison if she did not write a letter against Falun Gong.

In June 2002, Ms. Li was taken to the brainwashing center at Tangshan Textile University. For the first twenty days, she went through four different sessions where she underwent brainwashing, was deprived of sleep, forced to stand, berated, and beaten. Because Ms. Li refused to cooperate, she was not allowed to bathe for four months. When Li's family asked the staff at the brainwashing center about it, and Jiang Liqun replied, "The regulations stipulate that those who do not cooperate will not be allowed to bathe. That is the rule here." Ms. Li was only allowed to use the restroom once a day. She was locked up in a room by herself for almost a year and was constantly beaten by Wang Zhijie, Meng Fantie, Zhang Shi, and Jiang Liqun. During a seven-month period, Ms. Li suffered all kinds of torture and had wounds covering her body. When she was on the brink of death, the staff allowed her father to take her home.

Ms. Li was very popular and well-liked by her students at the elementary school. Because she refused to give up Falun Gong, the school administrators transferred her to the custodial unit and she was assigned to clean the bathrooms.

Ms. Liu's husband, Li Hongqi, works in the accounts receivable section of the Tangshan City Transportation Department. He has been living in fear since his wife and daughter have been persecuted. Now all three of them have been arrested.

Jianshelu Police Station: 86-315-2824442