(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Man Shujie is a Falun Gong practitioner in Yushu City, Jilin Province. She is sixty-four years old and a retired factory worker. Ms. Man has been illegally arrested three times, sent to a forced labor camp and brainwashing center and forced to do slave labor just because she practices Falun Dafa. The perpetrators of these injustices include officials and police from Yushu City 610 Office, the State Security Unit, and the Zhengyang Police Station. The following is her personal account of the persecution she has suffered.

I Went to Beijing to Validate the Fa and Was Detained for Fifteen Days

On December 26, 2000, I went to Beijing to validate the Fa by displaying a banner on Tiananmen Square. I was arrested by police from the Zhanqian Police Station and was put into an iron cage for several hours before being sent to to another police station in the Beijing suburbs. The police tricked me into telling them my home address, then they sent me to the Daxin Force Labor Camp. After several days, officials from Jilin Province Liaison Office in Beijing picked me up and brought me back to Changchun City.

When I arrived in Changchun, Shi Hailin from the Yushu City Political and Security Section, a police officer with the surname of Zhou and another police officer with the surname of Wang picked me up. They held me in a detention center for fifteen days. While at the detention center, we were forced to work day and night picking soybeans to make money for the police. Everyone had a quota of 600 lbs. a day, and one was not allowed to sleep without finishing the quota. The food we ate was half cooked bread made of corn meal used for feeding pigs, and the potato soup we were given had mud in it. When I got tired and wanted to stretch my back a bit, I was scolded by police officer Xu Jiufei. Working with our heads lowered while picking soybeans all the time, our faces, legs, and feet all became swollen. I was released after fifteen days of work, but the police extorted 1,500 yuan from my family.

Sent to Forced Labor Camp and Subjected to Brainwashing

On September 17, 2005, as I was picking up some truth clarification materials, I was followed by policemen Lu Kuisheng and Xue Wei from Zhengyang Police Station. They arrested me and took me to the State Security Unit. The police then went to my home and confiscated my Dafa books and Master Li's picture. Police officer Shi Hailin and another policeman inventoried everything, and they didn't let even one piece paper get by. This information was used as evidence to convict me later.

I was sent to a detention center for ten days and then sent to the Heizuizi Women's Labor Camp in Changchun. At the time, I had been on a hunger strike for ten days. I was dizzy and couldn't walk straight. Police officer Chai Wenge said that I was pretending. Once we got to the labor camp, the police falsified some paper work and had me sentenced to one year.

After I was admitted to the labor camp, three inmates were assigned to watch me. They didn't let me sleep, and I was forced to watch videos that defame Falun Dafa and other videotapes about various cults. After watching those videos, I had to write down what my understanding was about them. I had to work 15 to 16 hours a day. It was very uncomfortable and my head felt muddled all the time. There was a high quota and one was not allowed to sleep without finishing it. We had to carry our work with us everywhere we went, whether it was finished product or not. I was so tired that I could hardly move my feet.

Under both physical and mental pressure, my blood pressure rose to 190/100. I felt that my head was about to explode. I had a toothache for a year and my face was deformed from being swollen. I couldn't even open my mouth to eat, but I still had to finish my daily quota.

The regulation at the labor camp required that nobody should work past 8 p.m. So, Captain Su Xiuying, of No. 5 brigade and Wang Limei told the guards on duty not to have us working in the workshop because they were afraid of being discovered. Instead, they had us working in our dormitories. We often worked past 10 p.m. Some Falun Gong practitioners are old, and their eyes and health are not strong anymore, but we were not allowed to do Falun Gong exercises or read Dafa books. We were not even allowed to sit in the double lotus position. I could not extent my thumbs from working so much, and I lost over 20 lbs.

My work included making food boxes for use on airplanes, cotton slippers, peeling garlic, and making paper butterflies. When we made the food boxes, we folded them flat and sat on them to keep them together, stack by stack, and then we counted them at the end. Quite a few of the inmates were prostitutes who had sexually transmitted diseases or other contiguous diseases. These products were usually all over the floor, and the sanitary conditions were very bad. The glue we used to make paper butterflies had a very strong odor, and we kept coughing from it. The food boxes were used to serve food on airplanes, the cotton slippers were sold in supermarkets, the garlic was used in restaurants, and the paper butterflies were exported.

Taken Away from Home and Detained for Thirty Days

One day in July, 2007, policeman Lu Kuisheng from Zhengyang Police Station, Shi Hailin, Qi Li and another policeman with the surname of Sun from the Political and Security Section of the Police Department broke into my home while I was studying the Fa with another practitioner. They took both of us to the State Security Unit of the police department. There were eight practitioners arrested on that day. The police detained me for thirty days and extorted 1,000 yuan from my family on the day I was released.

Over the past few years, the Communist Party, the Yushu 610 Office, the State Security Unit, and Zhengyang Police Station police have harassed and persecuted me several times. They have brought tremendous suffering and economic loss to me and my family.