Name: Wang Xia (王霞)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: 2001
Most recent place of detention: Woman's Prison(女子监狱)
City: Huhehaote
Province: Inner Mongolia
Persecution Suffered: Detention, physical constraint, force-feedings, beatings, solitary confinement, torture, sleep deprivation

( Ms. Wang Xia has been frequently persecuted for believing in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, the tenets of Falun Gong. Illegally detained in Huhehaote City Detention Center and the Women's Prison, she was brutally tortured, including having her fingers stabbed with needles, having her hands and feet tied on a bed for a long period of time, being beaten, being cursed at and force fed urine, having bright lights projected into her eye, and so on. Below is her statement regarding the persecution she endured.

In 2001, I was arrested by the police in my rented home in Huhehaote City, Inner Mongolia. The police sealed my mouth with transparent tape, handcuffed me, and took me to the car.

In the police substation, I didn't say a word and was taken to Huhehaote City Detention Center. In the center, a chain connected my handcuffs to my shackles, so I was not able to take care of myself. I protested with a hunger strike. The guards then handcuffed my hands to one of my feet so I could neither stand up nor lie down. This is usually done for at most seven days, but Falun Gong practitioners had to tolerate it for at least 15 days. After 15 days they released me from the cuffs. I continued to practice the Falun Gong exercises and was again handcuffed countless times.

Once I had a scabies infection all over my body, but they still handcuffed me this way. It itched so much that I cried out, asking the guards to set me loose. They ignored me. Later they saw big patches of peeling skin on me and then untied me. I then practiced the Falun Gong exercises and the infection quickly disappeared. I was careful to also study the Fa and send forth righteous thoughts.

Cui Ying, the police guard team lead of Huhehaote City Detention Center; Zhang; and Liu fed a thick paste of corn meal, salt and water to Falun Gong practitioners who protested with hunger strikes. They first use a metal stand to anchor the teeth, then use a metal device to pry the teeth open and pinch the nose. This badly damages the victim's teeth.

The detention center put a 60 kg shackle on a female practitioner. When I saw her afterward, her wrists were left deeply cut and bleeding. I could even see her bones.

Guard Li Ping was transferred to the Donghe Detention Center in Baodao City. During the hot summer, they didn't let the prisoners in my cell have an outdoor break or give them regular meals, saying that it was because I protested with a hunger strike. The goal of the guards was to make the prisoners in my cell hate me. Some of the prisoners slapped my face, used soiled sanitary napkins to slap my face, or poured cold water on me. The director of the detention center, Wang Yaoshou, sent the order that I was to be handcuffed, shackled and cuffs chained to the shackles. I was chained up this way for over six weeks.

When I first started protesting with a hunger strike, the guards were afraid that other prisoners knew of their brutal feeding, and detained me in a small, confined room without windows for over two months. I refused to eat, so team lead Di Wenyan ordered prisoner watcher Yao Guirong to stick a metal device into my mouth. After two or three days, prisoner Yao Guirong beat me and caused my nose and mouth to bleed. She also spat in my face and beat me with bed brush. One night she wouldn't let me sleep or use a blanket. She also used a wood board to tie my arms to the bed. My feet were also tied up. I could not take care of myself, and those monitoring me cursed and beat me whenever they liked.

I was taken to the prison hospital where my hands and feet were been tightly bound to the bed with strips of cloth. The cloth dug deeply into my wrists and ankles, resulting in scars that are visible to this day. Since I protested with a hunger strike for a long period of time, my body temperature was very low. They discussed among themselves and agreed not to cover me with a blanket during the night. They only covered me with a blanket during the day when the doctor came to check on me.

An inmate from Baotou City, Li Xuemei, was assigned to "monitor" me. She stabbed my fingers with needles and drove them in with the heel of a shoe. My nails were full of blood. Since my hands and feet were tied up on the bed, I had to lie in the bed all the time and could not even go to the bathroom on my own. My "monitors" had to use a bedpan for me, and they were very mad about it. I had to urinate four or five times a day, and Li Xuemei slapped my face every time she helped me urinate. Sometimes she used her hand to slap me, and sometimes she used her shoe. For three or four days, they made me stand and tied me to the door even during the night. Once the ties were too tight and I almost suffocated before they found out and put me on the bed. During the day they force-fed me through a nose tube. Li Xuemei fed me urine twice, saying I could die faster that way. For one or two months they used a high-watt light bulb to project light into my eyes at night, and my eyesight was affected a lot. Even now my eyesight is not good.

In the hospital I refused to cooperate so they tied me on the bed and force-fed me through a nose tube. I could not stop them and forced myself not to urine. I didn't urinate for one day and one night, and my bladder was full. The watchers told the doctor, and they catheterized me. When the watchers were away I pulled out the catheter. They beat me and cursed me and then tied my hands and feet even tighter. The ties dug into my flesh and caused bleeding. My legs hurt so bad I dared not move. After I recovered, there were still two dark scars on my knees.

I heard from a prisoner who was hospitalized for sickness that a practitioner detained in the women's labor camp had been sent to a different hospital. Li Xuemei watched her there overnight. The next morning she was found dead, sitting in the bathroom with her neck hanging on the heater. Li Xuemei is very evil. She tried something similar with me. She tied me up with rope, suspending my neck from a door. I almost suffocated but was found early enough and survived. The other hospital lied and said that the other practitioner had died of heart disease. Her family didn't know the truth. Later the hospital canceled Li Xuemei's job as a watcher and transferred her back to the prison.

I also heard about a practitioner of 50 to 60 years old, whose high blood pressure came back when the women's prison wouldn't let her practice the Falun Gong exercises. She was not allowed to sleep for many nights. Eventually the high blood pressure caused bleeding in her brain and she died.

I heard about another practitioner from the northeast who was detained in Baoanzhao Women's Prison. Her name was Zhou Caixia. After she protested with a hunger strike for over three weeks, several prisoners were ordered to take her out and hang her from the basketball stand. She was beaten to death.

The First Woman's Prison of Huhehaote City still illegally detains Li Liying, Li Linong, Hu Yujun, Wang Guilan, and Hao Ping. There are 20 to over 30 practitioners whose names I don't know.