Name: Wang Liuzhen (王柳珍)
Gender: Female
Age: in her 70s
Address: Qinjian Second Village, Changanchayuan Garden, Jiangbei District, Chongqing
Occupation: Retired engineer from Metallurgy Office in Changan Factory
Date of Most Recent Arrest: January-June 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yuhuacun or Huangnibang Police Stations in Jiangbei District (重庆市江北区雨花村派出所,黄泥磅派出所)
City: Chongqing
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, torture, force-feedings, extortion, physical restraint, mental hospital, home ransacked, interrogation, detention.

( Recently the Politics and Law Committee of Jiangbei District assigned Zhang Jun, a 29-year-old man, to supervise another eight people from the Wulidian Security Company to monitor Ms. Wang Liuzhen. They took three shifts to follow and monitor her for 24 hours each day and forbid her from moving freely. The eight people were each paid a monthly salary of 1,300 yuan by the Jiangbei District government. The contract is for 6 months up to September 2010.

A real-time photo taken when Ms. Wang was being shadowed by police

Not long after Ms. Wang started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, she recovered from the many diseases. However, because of practicing Falun Gong, she was arrested many times by officers from the 610 Office and the Yuhuacun Police Station and officers from the Masses Work Section and local residence committee. She was sentenced to forced labor twice (the most recent being in May 2008). In the labor camp she was cruelly beaten many times. The prison guards mixed unknown drugs into detained practitioners' food. Many practitioners suffered from from chest pains, dizziness, and confusion after they ate the contaminated food. Ms. Wang went on hunger strikes to protest the mistreatment, but she was tortured even more cruelly as a result. When she was in critical condition, she was sent to the 324 Military Hospital for treatment. She had also been sent to a mental hospital three times and injected with unknown drugs.

Ms. Wang's family was forced to try to persuade her to give up cultivation, otherwise they would be forced to retire early. Ms. Wang had to move out of her home and live in a senior citizen house in Beibei District. The police then claimed she was trying to go to Beijing to appeal and arrested her in the middle of March 2009. The police took her to the Jinzishan Mental Hospital on March 18, 2009. Eyewitnesses saw that she never gave in. The police then decided to take her to a forced labor camp or the Yongchuan Prison. The director of the Changan Second Branch Factory Hospital said, "Forget it! It is just a matter of spiritual faith. She is so old, just admit her to the mental department of our own factory hospital."

She was forced to stay in the Mental Heath Department of Changan First Branch Hospital three times, and she went on hunger strike to protest. The second time was in June 2009. Ms. Wang was as thin as a skeleton, and her life was in danger. The police forced her children to write a guarantee statement for her, stating that if she went to appeal, her children would be forced to retire. Then, they allowed her children to pick her up on the evening of June 27, 2009.

The third time she was sent to the hospital was around 9 a.m. on September 21, 2009. Ms. Wang heard lots of noise and a person yelling "reading the water meter!" She quickly locked her door and saw that there were many plainclothes officers downstairs in a white van. She knew they were trying to arrest her again. She shouted out her window, "Falun Dafa is great! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is great! The police are arresting good people!" The group of officers broke down her door at around 4 p.m., forcibly arrested her, and imprisoned her for 18 days in the Mental Health Department of the Jiangling Hospital. The Jiangbei District Legal Bureau forced her children to sign an agreement admitting her to mental facilities many times, otherwise they would have been dismissed from work immediately.

Ms. Wang became emaciated because of all the mistreatment she suffered, but she was not released until she was in critical condition. After she went home, she was constantly harassed, and her Dafa books were taken away by local police. She tried to seek justice from the CCP Political and Judiciary Committee of Jiangbei District, but they responded with their arrangement of nine men closely monitoring her 24 hours per day, and they have been continuing to do this since September 2009. For a time period, they forcibly took her into custody at the local police station for two hours per day and frequently arrested her, beat her, ransacked her home, and conducted body searches.

A sentry box built specifically for monitoring Ms. Wang

After so much inhuman torture, Ms. Wang lost the vision in one of her eyes completely, and her other eye is nearly blind. She cannot remember many things and often feels congested around her heart. But she still remembers to tell people, "Falun Dafa is great! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is great!"