(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Dai Qiyuan is a Falun Gong practitioner from Chishui City, Guizhou Province. Ever since the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, his whole family has been subjected to detention and/or forced labor numerous times. His wife is currently under house arrest, and his son and daughter's whereabouts are not known. Mr. Dai himself is still being held in the dark and damp basement of Dujun Prison.

While in prison, Dai Qiyuan encouraged other detained practitioners to remain determined in their belief in Dafa and to never give up this precious cultivation opportunity. Because of this, the guards transferred him to the prison basement by himself. The basement lacks daylight and the dampness has rotted his quilt. Dai has no one to talk to and is completely cut off from the outside.

Mr. Dai never gave in to the authority's demands. When released a few years ago from the Zhongba Forced Labor Camp, he was skeleton-like, had lost his hair, his right hand was badly injured, and he couldn't stop shaking. Despite all this, he was still determined in his practice of Falun Gong.

Dai's Family Persecuted Numerous Times

Both Dai Qiyuan and his wife Huang Jialan were sentenced to three years of forced labor around April or May 2003. After his release from the labor camp in early 2006, Wang Bin and others from the Chishui Police Department often harassed him at home. In May of that year, several officers deceived him by stating they needed to clear up a matter, and convinced him to come to the police department. Once there he was detained in a brainwashing facility for three months and still harassed at home following his release. To avoid further persecution, Dai decided to go into exile.

To make a living, Dai Qiyuan's wife Huang Jialan opened a small information service shop. Police officers Chen Zhen, Huang Yan and Li Zhongmin frequently demanded to know Dai's whereabouts. In late 2007, with the Chinese New Year approaching, these policemen came to Huang's business almost every day, ordering her to turn in her husband. They went to her home and confiscated her son's computer. Unable to bear the pressure, Huang decided to leave home. The police chased her all the way to Guiyang City, where they worked with local police to monitor her son and daughter's cell phones. They finally arrested Mr. Dai near the Guiyang Industrial College in early March 2008.

Two months later police arrested Huang Jialan at her daughter's home in Guiyang and took her to the Chishui Detention Center. They eventually sentenced her to three years of forced labor, with probation. The police installed a surveillance camera on her door and put her under house arrest. They also demanded that she report to the police department at 3:00 p.m. every day, or be sent to the Guizhou Women's Forced Labor Camp.

In September 2008 the Chishui Court held a covert trial and sentenced Mr. Dai Qiyuan to five years in prison. Practitioner Li Zhengbing received a two year sentence at the same time. Both men were sent to the Dujun Prison on January 16, 2009.

Parties responsible for the persecution:

Chishui Political and Legal Committee: 86-852-2862590
Chen Xiaomeng, Chishui Police Department police chief
Perpetrators at Dujun Prison:
Jiang Gangming, Political and Security Section head: 86-854-832526l
Prison head office: 86-854-8325262
Wang Shijun and Li Shihong, guards that persecuted Falun Gong practitioners
Yu Wenlin, deputy prison head
Wang Huachuan, Division Four head
Zhong Shan, Division Four deputy head
Ying Xu, clerk in charge of persecuting practitioners
Zhou Xu and Zhao Xuechuang, division head and deputy head, respectively