(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Fan Shuyun is a kindergarten teacher who has practiced Falun Gong since 199. After beginning the practice many of her chronic illnesses disappeared without treatment. As soon as the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, she was illegally detained, her house was searched, and money was extorted from her family many times. She was arrested while visiting her son in Shanghai for posting Falun Gong information on August 20, 2009, and was sentenced to two years of imprisonment. Ms. Fan has appealed her case. She is now being held in the Pudong District Detention Center, awaiting a second court hearing.

Practicing Falun Gong Restored her Health

When she was in her 40s, Ms. Fan had hypertension, cerebral vascular sclerosis, and kidney disease, with swelling of her face and legs and numbness on the right side of her body. She was suffering so much that she once lost the courage to live. The doctors warned her that her condition could become critical at any time. Two weeks after she began Falun Gong practice in 1996, all her symptoms disappeared.

Persecuted After July 20

Ms. Fan was arrested in January 2002, while posting Falun Gong materials. She was held at the Jianguolu Police Station. Police head Gao Zhonglin seized her watch, keys, and her ID, and transferred her overnight to the Dongfeng District Police Department. Policewoman Sui Shiming threatened her family by telling them that she would be sent to a forced labor camp. She extorted 2,000 yuan from Ms. Fan's husband. Ms. Fan was later held at a detention center and released 15 days later. Once again, the family paid another 8,000 yuan.

Two police officers broke in to Ms. Fan's home on the night of December 11, 2002. They searched the house, confiscated Falun Gong books and other materials, and arrested her. Ms. Fan's husband and her mother-in-law were not at home, but her father-in-law was. He was in his 70s, paralyzed and bedridden. Also at home was her sister-in-law who has mental problems. Ms. Fan asked the police to let her to fix dinner for them before leaving the house. The police refused and dragged her to the police station. Her father and sister-in-law stayed home alone for two days, without food or care.

Ms. Fan was forced to sit on a metal stool at the police station for the entire night. She lost consciousness from cold and hunger. The police pierced needles into her upper lip to wake her up. They transferred her to a detention center the next day. While there, Ms. Fan talked about the goodness of Falun Gong and the CCP's evil persecution to the guards and criminal inmates whenever she had a chance.

Facing officials from the city police department and from the Jiadong Police Department, along with superiors from her workplace during an interrogation, she spoke out with confidence. Convinced of the goodness of Falun Gong, she told about the persecution and her personal, positive cultivation experiences relating to mind and body. The officials were speechless. They walked out of the room with their heads down, some saying, "That is incredible."

Jiadong Police Department officials threatened the family again, saying she would be sentenced to three years in prison. The family paid 20,000 yuan to get an early release for outside medical treatment after she had been detained for more than forty days.

Influenced by the CCP's fabrications relating to Falun Gong and observing her suffering from the persecution, Ms. Fan's family attempted to compel her to give up her belief. Her husband beat her, while his mother and sister cheered at his side. His sister said, "Beat her to death and see if she still wants to practice." As a result, her husband broke two of her ribs. Ms. Fan used fabric to tightly bandage her chest to protect the broken ribs and continued practicing Falun Gong.

Whenever there were sensitive days, local police harassed her and the family. Because of the stress, the family made her stay in Sichuan Province. However, at the request of officials from the Jiadong Police Department, local police in Sichuan Province monitored and followed her.

Being a Good Person

Ms. Fan was the oldest child in her family and faced difficult circumstances. She took care of chores when she was 12 years old, which included cooking for the family, picking up unburned coal from garbage to sell, and taking care of her sick mother and young brother.

Ms. Fan loves to help people. For a time she brought food to and cooked for an older couple when she noticed that the old man had had a stroke and was paralyzed and bedridden, and the wife had difficulty walking. The couple has a divorced son who left his son with his elderly parents. Ms. Fan also took care of the boy and took him to see the doctor when he was sick. Reports about her great compassion spread in the local area. The media attempted to interview her, but she politely refused.

Ms. Fan's family situation was not good. Her mother-in-law was weak, suffering from chronic illnesses. Her sister-in-law has mental problems, and her father-in-law had had a stroke and was paralyzed. Her husband works in another town. She shoulders all the family's burdens, but she still can't satisfy the family members.

Falun Gong practice not only changed her physically but mentally as well. She is happy all the time and treats her in-laws even better, without complaints. She was elected as outstanding kindergarten teacher, praised by parents and her superiors.

Ms. Fan was reported to the local communist regime agents prior to the 2008 Beijing Olympics. It happened as she was explaining the facts about Falun Gong. One kind person who knew the inside information told Ms. Fan's husband about the report. Afraid she might be arrested again, her husband sent her to her son's place in Shanghai.

Pudong District police in Shanghai arrested Ms. Fan on the morning of August 12, 2009, while she was posting Falun Gong information. Her son's home was searched after the incident. Her Falun Gong books and her son's printer used for his work were confiscated. She was held at the Pudong Detention Center for six months and then sentenced to a two-year prison term.