Additional Persecution News from China - May 9, 2010 (18 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 14 cities or counties in 11 provinces. In this report, at least 6 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 28 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Dou Changying Arrested
2. [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Linwen Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Ms. Zhang Linwen from Yichun District was arrested at her home by Zhang Hu from the Yichun City 610 Office at 9:00 a.m. on April 22, 2010. She was held at the Wumahe Detention Center until May 5, 2010, when she was transferred to Heilongjiang Forced Labor Camp after being sentenced to two years of forced labor.
Zhang Hu, Yichun City 610 Office: 86-458-3608557, 86-133-29381177
3. [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Xuemei Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Ms. Zhang Xuemei from Jinshandun District was sentenced to two years of forced labor and taken to a forced labor camp in Harbin on May 7, 2010.
4. [Shanghai] Ms. Rong Huijun Arrested
On April 25, 2010, the Keyuan New Residential Area Neighborhood Committee and officials from the Xuhui District 610 Office arrested Ms. Rong Huijun and took her to a hotel used by Chinese regime's officials for brainwashing and torture. She was released on May 4, 2010.
5. [Shanghai] Ms. Lu Xiuli Arrested,Whereabouts Unknown
Ms. Lu Xiuli from Shanghai was reportedly arrested. Her whereabouts are currently not known.
6. [Pingdu City, Shandong Province] Additional Information about Ms. Sui Guanghua's Arrest
On April 13, 2010, Ms. Sui Guanghua, 63, was arrested by two plainclothes officers while she was distributing materials to clarify the facts about Falun Gong. She was taken to the Pingdu Detention Center. The officers forced her husband to sign a document detailing their plans to detain her in a forced labor camp. The officers also extorted 800 yuan from Ms. Sui's family and ransacked her home. She was taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City on April 28, 2010.
7. [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Teng Chunxiang and Three Others Arrested
Ms. Teng Chunxiang, Ms. Liu Congyan, Ms Liu Jiacun, and Ms. Wang Xianyu from Wangjia Village, Jincheng Township, Laizhou City, Shandong Province, were arrested by officers from the Jicheng Police Station while they were explaining the facts about Falun Gong at the New Market on May 8, 2010.
8. [Zhejiang Province] Ms. Zhou Weifang Sentenced to Nine Years, and Mr. Shi Hanliang Sentenced to Three Years in Prison.
Ms. Zhou Weifan from Jinyun County, Zhejiang Province, was sentenced to nine years in prison by the Lishui Court on May 5, 2010.
Mr. Shi Hanliang was sentenced to three years in prison.
9. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Ms. Chang Xiujuan Arrested
Ms. Chang Xiujuan from Haiyang Township, Qinhuangdao City, was reported while she was distributing materials to clarify the facts about Falun Gong at around 8:00 p.m. on May 6, 2010. She was arrested by officers from the Haiyang Police Station and detained at Qinhuangdao City No. 2 Detention Center.
10. [Baishan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Yang Yuezheng Arrested
Ms. Yang Yuzheng from Jiangyuan District, Baishan City, was arrested by officers from the Jiangyuan District Police Station while she was on her way to her farm. She is being held at the Jiangyuan District Detention Center.
11. [Qianyang City, Shaanxi Province] Additional Information about Ms. Wang Xueqin's Arrest
Ms. Wang Xueqin, who is in her sixties, along with two other elderly practitioners, were arrested by security guards from the Tibet Nationalities Institute on the morning of May 6, 2010, while they were clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. They are currently detained at the Ta'erpo Detention Center. Their families are not allowed to visit.
Tibet Nationalities Institute: 86-29-33755000
Local Police Station: 86-29-33880116
12. [Qixia City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Cuixiang and Ms. Ruan Shumei Arrested
Ms. Wang Cuixiang and Ms. Ruan Shuhai from Qixia City were arrested by officers from the Zhuangyuan Police Station, Qixia City, at around 9:00 a.m. on May 2, 2010, while they were clarifying the facts about Falun Gong at the Wenhua Square.
Tan Jingtao, head of Zhuangyuan Police Station: 86-139-05459979
Jiang Yuhong, deputy head of Zhuangyuan Police Station: 86-136-88671192
13. [Huaian City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Ma Hongjun Arrested
Officers from the Shenzhen Road Police Station in Huaian City Development Zone, led by Guo Zhengxue, arrested Mr. Ma Hongjun at his home in the Jinan New Residential Area, Jichang Road, Huaian City Development Zone, on the morning of May 7, 2010.
Guo Zhengxue: 86-138-52237695
14. [Chengzhou, Guangdong Province] Ms. Li Jiaju and Her Husband Mr. Xu Huawen Arrested
Around a dozen officers from the Yongxin County 610 Office and the local police station in Chenzhou City, forced their way into Ms. Li Yaju and Mr. Xu Huawen's home, arrested the couple and ransacked their home. All of their Falun Dafa books were confiscated.
15. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Mr. Song Bangfu Detained in a Brainwashing Center
Mr. Song Bangbu was arrested and taken to the Lannigou Brainwashing Center in Guiyang City on May 8, 2010, immediately after completing a two-year term in a forced labor camp.
16. [Chenxi County, Hunan Province] Ms. Yu Shaoqi Arrested
Ms. Yu Shaoqi from Chenxi County was arrested at the Hangzhou Railway Station by local police on May 4, 2010, after they searched her and found Falun Gong materials.
17. [Guizyang City, Guizhou City] Ms. Du Shiling Arrested
Ms. Du Shiling was arrested by local police officers and taken to a brainwashing center at 1:00 p.m. on April 29, 2010.
18. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Five Practitioners Arrested
Ms. LuYahong, Ms. Hou Fengjiu, Ms. Gao Fengna, Ms. Zhu Cuiping, and Ms. Liu from Fuxin City were arrested by officers from the Gaotaizi Police Station on the morning of May 7, 2010. They are being held at the Yixian County Detention Center.
Jiang Cheng, head of the Yixian National Security Division: 86-138-40660953
Yang Lidong, Yixian Police Department: 86-139-40666000, 86-416-2338777
Yixian Detention Center: 86-416-7721341