(Clearwisdom.net) The Suwan City Court Ansan Branch convicted two people alleged to have assaulted Falun Gong practitioners at a Quit the CCP Service Center in Korea last year. On May 18, 2010, Cui Wanji and Cui Chunzhi were sentenced to eight months and four months of prison respectively.

At a parade in support of the 60 million people who have quit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) on September 13, 2009, several Chinese people attacked members of a few human rights groups and Falun Gong. They damaged equipment and witnesses heard them shout "Beat Falun Gong practitioners, men and women" and "With the Chinese Embassy on our back, there is nothing to be afraid of, not even the Korean police."

On Sept 13, 2009, over a hundred Chinese people attacked participants of the parade to support quitting the CCP, destroying equipment and posters for the parade. Cui Wanji was arrested at the scene and taken to a police station. 

Chinese attackers ruin poster stands.

The accused attacker Cui attempted to assault a security guard during the parade.

Police officers arrived at the scene quickly. Despite police efforts to stop the assault, the attackers continued. Some of the attackers were arrested and taken to the Ansan Police Station. In the process, Cui yelled, "You can detain me or even deport me, I don't care. I want to talk to the Chinese Embassy." He made a phone call to the Embassy during the investigation.

After three months of investigation and collecting evidence, the prosecutors of Ansan Branch filed criminal charges against the arrested attackers on December 28, 2009.

According to Kim, director of a local law firm, the prosecution often asks for fines for violations in rallies and demonstrations. The criminal charge by the prosecution "shows it is determined to prosecute the lawbreakers under Korean law."

The first trial was on February 2, 2010. After five trials, on May 18, 2010, the court sentenced two defendants Cui Wanji and Cui Chunzhi eight and four months in prison, respectively.

The Falun Dafa Association, the Service Center for Quitting the CCP and other human rights groups expressed satisfaction with the verdict.