Name: Lu Yuying (路玉英)
Gender: Female
Age: 45
Address: Kuangshan Residential Area, Huaiyin District, Jinan City, Shandong Province
Occupation: Worker

Date of Most Recent Arrest: December, 2001
Most recent place of detention:
Shandong Provincial Women's Prison (山东省女子监狱)
City: Jinan
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, extortion, brainwashing, fired from workplace, beatings, physical constraint, illegal sentencing, torture, sleep deprivation, force-feedings, drug administration, electric shock, forced labor.

( Lu Yuying, a Falun Dafa practitioner, was a worker at the Xijiao Water Plant of the Jinan City Water Company in Shandong Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1995. After she started the practice, her heart condition disappeared.

Ever since the beginning of the persecution in 1999, Ms. Lu has been severely persecuted. She was forced into homelessness, as well as being arrested and sentenced to prison. Lu Yuying's family was broken apart as she was suffering five years of persecution in prison.

Arrest, Detention and Fines

In July 2000, Ms. Lu went to the Beijing Petition Office to appeal for Falun Gong. While she was having a rest at Tiananmen Square, she was arrested by uniformed and plainclothes policemen, and then sent to Shisanchu in Beijing. They got her name and address during the registration process. Then the police contacted the Kuangshan Police Station in Huaiyin District, Jinan City, Shandong Province. On the second day, policemen Gao Fali, Xu Jinting and others from the Kuangshan Police Station took six of the practitioners, including Ms. Lu, to a hotel and threatened to inject them with poisonous substances. Gao Fali forced them to kneel down in the vehicle during the eight-hour trip from Beijing to Jinan City. When they returned on July 20, 2000, Gao Fali detained them for one month. He charged them with "utilizing an evil cult to sabotage the implementation of law." They were also fined 5,000 yuan. Ms. Lu was released on bail on August 11, 2000. She was punished by her workplace. She was demoted to become a janitor. Her salary was reduced from 1050 yuan monthly to 300 yuan monthly. All of her benefits and bonuses were taken away for a year.

The Community Administration CCP Secretary, policeman Gao Fali of the Kuangshan Police Station and the Jinan City Water Company's CCP Secretary sent Lu Yuying to brainwashing sessions. She was forced to pay the police living expenses for the brainwashing. The money was taken directly out of her salary. She was also forced to listen to them slandering Falun Dafa and write a guarantee statement not to practice.

In September 2001, the Kuangshan Police Station tried to send Lu Yuying to a labor camp, and she was forced into homelessness. The officials from her company fired her in the name of missing work and published the notice to the whole company. The Kuangshan Police Station issued warrants in Shandong Province for her arrest. The Kuangshan Police Station sent police to look for her in her relatives' homes. They even went to her sister's work place and home to harass her family.

Arrest and Imprisonment

Lu Yuying later went to Gaocun Town, Wendeng City. She was arrested by night patrol guards when she was distributing Falun Gong materials in Bukou Town. She was taken to the Bukou Patrol Police Station, where the guards slapped her in the face. A fellow practitioner, Ms. Chu Yingling, was arrested at the same time. Her mouth bled due to the slapping. Ms. Lu's mouth was swollen, as well. Later police handcuffed Ms. Lu's hands and feet to a metal chair. With a dirty cloth stuffed in her mouth, Ms. Lu was taken by police officers from the Kuangshan Police Station and sent to Liuchangshan Detention Center.

On December 26, 2001, the People's Procuratorate of the Guaiyin District, Jinan City approved the arrest of Ms. Lu. On April 8, 2002, the Procuratorate prepared to charge her with "utilizing an evil cult to sabotage the implementation of law." Zhang Hongye from the Xinyi Law Firm in Shandong Province was appointed as the defense attorney for Ms. Lu. A public trial was then held. She was sentenced to a five-year term of imprisonment.

Ms. Lu filed an appeal, but the Shandong Province Intermediate Court upheld the original sentence.

Wang Hongxiang, presiding judge
Trial Officials: Wu Baoqin, Shao Manli
Secretary: Wang Yuzhou

Persecution in Prison for Five Years

In June 2006, Ms. Lu was sent to the Shandong Women's Prison. She refused to wear prison clothes and started a hunger strike to protest. Police ordered over ten inmates to take off her clothes and put on the prison clothes All the while they were stepping on her hair, pinching her arms, and holding down her legs. Her arms were tied up behind her back. She was locked in the small cell for a whole night under extremely hot and humid conditions, sitting on the iron chair and two hands cuffed to the back of the chair.

Ms. Lu was brutally force-fed in the prison. Over ten people stepped on her hair, pushed down on her shoulders, pushed up her chin, and pressed down both of her legs. A feeding tube was stuck in her stomach. Three meals mixed with unknown medication were fed to her. After over 20 days of torture at the Strictly Controlled Team, she was sent to the Second Ward. While she was at the 40th day of her hunger strike, Gao Ying and another policewoman took her to the office on the Second Ward and hit her in the neck, arms and legs with two electric batons. She was not allowed to sleep or wash. Her weight went down from 155 lbs to about 100 lbs, and she was still forced to work from 7 am to 10 pm. Sometimes, she was singled out to work overtime. When other inmates have other activities, she and the inmates who were in charge of monitoring her still had to work.

The policewomen at the Second Ward: Gao Ying, Li Linying, Diao Wenjing, Wang Jie, Zhao Feiyan, Liu Hongtao, Liu Ruixue, Wang Aixia, Gui Jianhua, Yi Guangxia, Li Shuying

Director of the prison: Sun Xiaoli

In spring of 2007, Ms. Lu was released from prison.

A Happy Family Broken Apart

After she began practicing Falun Gong in 1995, Mr. Lu's heart problem disappeared. She follows the requirements of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in everyday life, and she had a happy family.

Since the persecution of Falun Gong began, Ms. Lu has been persecuted repeatedly. Placed under tremendous pressure and having to take care of a young child by himself, her husband could not withstand it and divorced her. Because she was in prison, she lost custody of her child as well.