(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhu Defu, who is 70 years old, is a Falun Gong practitioner from the Jiulongpo District in Chongqing City. He was illegally detained in the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp. There he was subjected to many torments, including beatings and electric shocks.

On the evening of April 29, 2003, Mr. Zhu Defu went to Taojia Town in the Jiulongpo District, to distribute truth-clarification materials. Four policemen from the Taojia Town police station arrested him and took him to the Domestic Security Bureau of Jiulongpo, where he was brutalized and forced to sign a "confession." Two guards surnamed Yang and Chen, as well as two other guards continued to torture Mr. Zhu for 24 hours, depriving him of sleep.

Mr. Zhu was transferred to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City and illegally detained there for one year. The leader of Brigade Seven, Lei Kejin instructed an inmate, drug addict Liu Donghong, to persecute Mr. Zhu. They beat him, forced him to stand facing a wall, and forced him to sit straight for 16 hours. Due to the torture, Mr. Zhu's hip was severely injured. Liu Donghong intensified the torture, using a bamboo block to continuously strike Mr. Zhu's fingers, toes and knees, and burned Mr. Zhu's fingers with cigarettes.

On April 18, 2004, Mr. Zhu Defu was released and returned home. A number of Chinese Communist Party officials, including Liu Derong of the Tongguanyi Town 610 office, Wu the neighborhood committee director, Li Dongqing of the Security Department of the company where Mr. Zhu worked, Xiao Nan of the Tongguanyi Town police station, and others, came to Mr. Zhu's home to hold a meeting to slander Dafa and the founder of Falun Gong, Master Li. They threatened Mr. Zhu and his family, and forbade him to leave town. They also arranged for people to monitor Mr. Zhu.

On the morning of November 19, 2008, when Mr. Zhu Defu was distributing truth-clarification materials in Xipeng Town, Jiulongpo District, he was reported to the local police and was arrested and taken to the police station. The police handcuffed Mr. Zhu to a chair and interrogated him for eight hours. The deputy police chief fastened Mr. Zhu's handcuff tightly, causing his wrists to become inflamed. Later, Mr. Zhu Defu was taken to Xishanping Forced Labor Camp and was illegally sentenced one year and three months of forced labor. Police officers Lei Kejin, Chen Qinghai, and Li Yong instructed the guards and inmates to persecute Mr.Zhu by beating and starving him for 20 days. They also forced Mr. Zhu run for more than 6 hours each day.

On April 18, 2009, Mr. Zhu Defu went home. Officials Liu Derong and Deng Lisong from the Tongguanyi Town 610 Office, Yang of the neighborhood committee, and Zhang Quan, a reporter from the Chongqing Daily, came to Mr. Zhu Defu's house to hold a meeting to smear Dafa and Master Li. Then, over Mr. Zhu's protests, they fabricated a newspaper article to frame Mr. Zhu and Dafa.

They also assigned people to monitor Mr. Zhu and keep him under surveillance. The local 610 Office called many times to harass and threaten him and his family, even threatening that his children would not be allowed to go to college. This prompted Mr. Zhu's family to move out of the area.

The severe persecution of Zhu Defu has caused him great physical and mental trauma, and has subjected his family to tremendous fear and hardship.

March 31, 2010