Additional Persecution News from China - March 22, 2010 (20 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 17 cities or counties in eight provinces. In this report, 82 Falun Dafa practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 16 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Jilin Province] List of Practitioners Held in Siping Prison
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Shen Jiman Subjected to One Year of Forced Labor
- [Daqing, Heilongjiang Province] Elementary School Teacher Ms. Liu Guiqin Arrested
- [Huludao, Liaoning Province] Mr. Yu Haiyang Given a Six-Year Prison Term
- [Helong City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Yubao Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Hu Qili Held at Ward 11 in the Harbin Women's Prison
- [Gongzhuling, Jilin Province] Ms. Feng Peizhen Arrested
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Cao Fenglan and Ms. Yuan Yawen Arrested
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Han Binying Arrested
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Mr. Zhang Peiqi Arrested
- [Changyi, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Shulian's Home Ransacked
- [Beijing] Circumstances of a Practitioner Held at the Beijing Women's Prison - Belated Information -
- [Binzhou, Shandong Province] Mr. Chen Yao Arrested
- [Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Guozhen Arrested
- [Huaiyang, Henan Province] Ms. Zhang Sufang Missing
- [Hejin City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Ju Dongmei and Ms. Gao Yushi Arrested
- [Dujiangyan, Sichuan Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
- [Chongqing] Mr. Tu Guixin and Others Arrested
- [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Sun Dexiang Given a Five-Year Prison Term
- [Xi'an, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Feng Xincheng Lives away from Home to Avoid Persecution
1. [Jilin Province] List of Practitioners Held in Siping Prison
The following are practitioners are being held at "Education Ward" in Siping Prison:
Mr. Huang Yuxin, Mr. Li Yuanhao, Mr. Hou Qinghua, Mr. Zhou Lianfa, Mr. Sun Liqiang, Mr. Wang Zhongping, Mr. Jin Xuezhe, Mr. Wang Zhiqiang, Mr. Liu Fuquan, Mr. Meng Fankui, Mr. Li Wenbo, Mr. Zhang Shunhong, Mr. Chen Liguo, Mr. Wang Liansu, Mr. Wang Juncheng, Mr. Han Libin, Mr. Qu Hongjie, Mr. Zhao Yan.Mr. Zhu Guoyou, Mr. Zhuang Xiankun, Mr. Lu Xianjie, Mr. Dong Shaohua, Mr. Liu Meng, Mr. Luan Aijun, Mr. Liu Hongcai, Mr. Piao Hongquan, Mr. Wu Yifeng, Mr. Wang Shimin, Mr. Qin Youku, Mr. Bai Minggang, Mr. Zheng Guomin, Mr. Yu Yongpan, Mr. Zhao Fengwu, Mr. Wang Peng, Mr. Yang Xiuwen, Mr. Wang Libo, Mr. Shi Xingjia, Mr. Wang Weizhi, Mr. Yang Chunguang, Mr. Wang Enguo, Mr. Zhang Chunqi, Mr. Yang Xiaohai, Mr. Hu Dazhi, Mr. Liu Qingli, Mr. Yang Zhanjiu, Mr. Zheng Weidong, Mr. Liu Changshan, Mr. Liu Dapeng, Mr. Dong Enhao, Mr. Liu Quanxing, Mr. Li Chunsheng, Mr. Jiang Yizhou, Mr. Lu Qiang, Mr. Wang Wenpeng, Mr. Lu Xianfeng,
Mr. Zhao Lianli, Mr. Li Jun, Mr. Liu Dapeng, Mr. Liang Zhenxing, Mr. Zou Jihua, Mr. Li Le, Mr. Han Jinghui, Mr. Guo Zhiren, Mr. Jia Jinghe, Mr. Xie Fei, Mr. Jin Ming, Mr. Zhao Dequan, Mr. Zhang Junsheng, Mr. Wang Hongge, Mr. Zhang Xuedong
2. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Shen Jiman Subjected to One Year of Forced Labor
Mr. Shen Jiman is employed at the Qingyuan Real Estate Work Area in the Shenyang Railway Bureau. Qingyuan County Police Department officers and those from the Aojiabao Police Station arrested him at work at around 5:00 a.m. on December 20, 2009, and searched his workplace. The person in charge at Mr. Shen's workplace sternly refused to let the police search there again the next day.
Mr. Shen was subsequently sentenced to one year of forced labor and is now at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
3. [Daqing, Heilongjiang Province] Elementary School Teacher Ms. Liu Guiqin Arrested
Ms. Liu Guiqin, a teacher at the Babaishang No.1 Elementary School, was arrested on January 5, 2010, as she spoke with people about Falun Gong and the persecution in Shanghai, where she went to visit her relatives.
4. [Huludao, Liaoning Province] Mr. Yu Haiyang Given a Six-Year Prison Term
Mr. Yu Haiyang from Huludao City went to the Lianshan District Police Department on June 9, 2009, to ask for the return of 4,800 yuan and other items the police had previously confiscated. Lianshan Police Department's Domestic Security Division agents did not return his money and personal belongings; instead, they took Mr. Yu into custody and fabricated evidence to try to sentence him to imprisonment.
Lianshan District Court officials put Mr. Yu on trial on February 7, 2010, without notifying his family. When his family arrived, the court officials refused to let them in. Two lawyers from Beijing refuted the fabricated evidence at each count during the proceedings, but Mr. Yu was still sentenced. He received a notice the day after the trial that he was sentenced to six years.
5. [Helong City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Yubao Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Ms. Liu Yubao from Baojiazi Town was sentenced to two years of forced labor and was sent to the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai on March 18, 2010.
Helong City Domestic Security Division: 86-433-4806518
Political and Judiciary Committee 610 Office: 86-433-4222435, 86-433-4238610, 86-433-4233070
6. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Hu Qili Held at Ward 11 in the Harbin Women's Prison
Harbin Women's Prison: 86-451-86639029, 86-451-86639030
Ward 11: 86-451-86639041
7. [Gongzhuling, Jilin Province] Ms. Feng Peizhen Arrested
Ms. Feng Peizhen, 73, from Fanjiatun Town was arrested on March 19, 2010.
8. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Cao Fenglan and Ms. Yuan Yawen Arrested
Changchun City Police Department officials broke into Ms. Cao Fenglan's home on March 19, 2010. They took away Ms. Cao, in her 60s, and Ms. Yuan Yawen, 58, who was visiting Ms. Cao. Ms. Yuan's husband found their personal property gone when he returned home. The police had ransacked their home twice in their absence.
9. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Han Binying Arrested
Ms. Han Binying was arrested at 10:30 on March 20, 2010, as she spoke with people about Falun Gong at the side gate of the Harbin Engineering University on Hongqi Street. The police took her to the nearby Minqiang Police Station.
Ren Zongwei, Minqiang Police Station deputy head:
Zhang Jinlong, police officer: 86-13895738317
10. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Mr. Zhang Peiqi Arrested
Mr. Zhang Peiqi was arrested in Qingdao City where he worked part time.
11. [Changyi, Shandong Province] Mr. Li Shulian's Home Ransacked
Mr. Li Shulian lives in Guojiashangting Village in the Taerbao Community, Beimeng Town. Seven officers from the Beimeng Police Station and the Taerbao Police Post ransacked Mr. Li's home on the morning of March 17, 2010. Mr. Li's three-year-old child was so frightened he could not speak and shivered.
12. [Beijing] Circumstances of a Practitioner Held at the Beijing Women's Prison - Belated Information -
Ms. Li Yunying is in the No. 4 Sub-ward. She was subjected to sleep deprivation for a month in May 2008. Inmates beat Ms. Lu Shumin badly in 2006.
Inmates verbally abused and humiliated Ms. Chen Fengxian. They often did not give her anything to eat for two days at a time and sometimes only a mouthful of rice or a small steamed bun. She was often allowed only three hours of sleep per day. They also beat her in the restroom in the middle of the night.
13. [Binzhou, Shandong Province] Mr. Chen Yao Arrested
610 Office agents arrested Mr. Chen Yao and held him in a detention center.
14. [Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Guozhen Arrested
Ms. Li Guozhen, in her 60s, lives in Shahezhai Village, Shimenzhai Town, Funing County. A red van followed her as she rode her bicycle home on March 20, 2010. Four people jumped out of the van and dragged her into it. Zhucaoying Police Station officers made the arrest. Ms. Li is now at the Funing County Detention Center.
15. [Huaiyang, Henan Province] Ms. Zhang Sufang Missing
Ms. Zhang Sufang, 63, went missing in April 2009. She has not yet returned home.
16. [Hejin City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Ju Dongmei and Ms. Gao Yushi Arrested
Ms. Ju Dongmei, 64, and Ms. Gao Yushi, 73, from Hejin City were arrested on March 19, 2010, as they distributed Falun Gong materials in Xiaoliang Township. Hejin City police made the arrest and ransacked their homes. The two practitioners are now in the Hejin City Detention Center.
Feng Fei, responsible for the arrest: 86-13703592211
Hejin City Domestic Security Division: 86-359-5039347
Hejin City Police Department Detention Center: 86-359-5059809
17. [Dujiangyan, Sichuan Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
Ms. Yin Juneng, in her 60s, from Xujia Town and Ms. Li Mengjun, 60, from the Qingcheng Paper Factory were arrested on March 5, 2010 in Jinma Town.
Ms. Li was tied up in the posture of "Su Qin [a Chinese historical figure] carrying a sword on his back"[a particularly cruel form of torture] the same day she was arrested. The police ransacked her home and confiscated her personal property, including a laptop computer, a CD burner, and other items.
18. [Chongqing] Mr. Tu Guixin and Others Arrested
Four practitioners, Mr. Tu Guixin, Mr. Qiu Dezhi, Ms. Chen Jixiu, and Ms. Liu Yongqing, were arrested on the morning of March 18, 2010, as they distributed Falun Gong materials near Changjiang Bridge in Yunyang County. Yunyang County Domestic Security Division agents ransacked the homes of Mr. Tu and Ms. Chen at around 7:00 p.m. that same day and confiscated their Falun Gong books and materials.
19. [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Sun Dexiang Given a Five-Year Prison Term
Ms. Sun Dexiang, in her 50s, from the Wuying District was arrested on July 26, 2009. Wuying 610 Office agents made the arrest and confiscated her personal property. They interrogated her and forced her to stand for one day without sleep. Ms. Sun has been held at the Yichun City Detention Center for nearly eight months.
Wuying District Court officials tried Ms. Sun and Ms. Liu Mingshu, in her late 70s, on January 26, 2010. Lawyers Mr. Li Changming and Mr. Li Jinglin refuted the charges and evidence provided by the prosecutor. They finally called for Ms. Sun's unconditional release. The judge did not announce a verdict during the proceedings. Ms. Sun was eventually sentenced to five years in prison on February 9, 2010. Ms. Liu was sentenced to three years in prison, with four years of probation. Ms. Sun's family appealed. The court has transferred their appeal to the Yichun City Intermediate Court.
Liu Zhaodong, Wuying District Court chief justice:
He Hua, judge: 86-458-3819033, 86-13845880799
Su Ye, Yichun City 610 Office head: 86-13091606618, 86-458-3646618, 86-458-3956310
20. [Xi'an, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Feng Xincheng Lives away from Home to Avoid Persecution
Mr. Feng Xincheng, an employee of the Quality and Safety Department in the China Flight Test Establishment Flight Test (CFTE) in the Yanliang area, has lived away from home, moving from place to place, to avoid arrest. This is another persecution incident that happened in the Yanliang area, following the arrest of Ms. Zhao Caifeng.
Mr. Feng Xincheng, 41, has been subjected to persecution numerous times. His sick parents, in their 70s, need to be taken care of. His wife and their seven-year-old daughter live out-of-town.
Compiled on March 21, 2010