Name: Xu Shihua (徐士华 )
Gender: Female
Age: 58
Address: Nong'an County, Jilin Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: January 18, 2010
Persecution Suffered: Home ransacked, detention, forced labor, extended forced squatting

( Ms. Xu Shihua is a practitioner from Nong'an County, Jilin Province, who after the persecution of Falun Gong started, endured long-term detention, as well as constant harassment and pressure. After suffering severely both mentally and physically, she passed away on January 18, 2010, at the age of 58.

When Ms. Xu began practicing Falun Gong in 1997, she regained her health and became a happy person. Her relationship with her mother-in-law improved dramatically. She began helping her mother-in-law with housework, instead of ignoring her. Even her sister-in-law praised her, and said that she had become a different person.

Ms. Xu was arrested after going to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong in late 1999. She was forced to squat for a long periods of time during her detention. After she was transferred back to her hometown, she was detained for 26 days.

In early 2000, Ms. Xu went to a small gathering of several practitioners. The meeting was discovered by the police and she was arrested and sentenced to one year of forced labor. She was detained at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province. During the detention, she lost consciousness once due to the severity of the mistreatment.

During the 16th National People's Congress in 2002, Ms. Xu was forced to leave home to avoid persecution. The police nonetheless ransacked her home in her absence. Police from the Changchun City Domestic Security Division followed her child, who is not a practitioner, in hopes of locating Ms. Xu. They also went to the son's home and handcuffed him to a heating pipe while interrogating him about his mother's whereabouts. They also went to the homes of Ms. Xu's parents, sisters and brothers, searching for her.

When Ms. Xu was homeless, she didn't have enough warm clothes in the winter or enough money to live on. Her health deteriorated. She lived in constant fear of being harassed by the police, who checked the registrations of transient people. Ms. Xu died on January 18, 2010.