(Clearwisdom.net) I read a few dozen pages of Zhuan Falun by chance one day in August 1994. I felt great and thought that I would like to practice Falun Gong. With that one thought, Master eliminated all of the illnesses from which I had been suffering for years. I felt physically lighter and healthy. For the past 15 years, I haven't had to seek any medical treatment at all. Master has given me a new life.

Prior to practicing Falun Gong, I had a severe heart problem and always kept emergency medicine on me. I had insufficient oxygen to the brain, low blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, cervical bone hyperplasia and hyperplasia in various areas of my body, including the chest and lumbar vertebra. I also had arthritis, neurasthenia, and stomach problems. Later on, I suffered from severe pain and fever from unknown causes, and I had to have live-in caretakers. Even after spending as much as I could on treatment, I was still incredibly miserable. The Falun Gong practice changed my life completely.

Such a wonderful practice was subjected to persecution starting on July 20, 1999. Dafa practitioners follow Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, and we should tell people about it. Since then I have shared my personal experiences and spoke with people about the goodness of Falun Gong and the persecution. I have done so at the local government, at Tiananmen Square in Beijing, at home, out in public, and at a detention center. For more than ten years, I have never stopped assisting Master with the Fa-rectification. I have walked this path with Master's protection and guidance from Dafa. I have experienced the hardships and joys of improvement, as well as Master's great compassion and the power of Dafa.

Policemen at Tiananmen Square arrested me in January 2002 when I talked with people about Falun Gong. I ended up at a county detention center outside Beijing. Working with the other detained practitioners, I succeeded in helping most of the police officers and detainees to understand the facts about Falun Gong. They protected the practitioners in many respects. Some of them even helped us to download Master's new articles from the Minghui/Clearwisdom website. The detention center doctor called in sick when he was told to force-feed a practitioner on a hunger strike.

For years, assisting in the Fa-rectification has been my first priority. No matter where I am, I have conducted myself as a Dafa cultivator. I have moved several times. I cleaned the stairs and hallways, no matter where I lived, and spoke with neighbors and explained the goodness of Falun Gong to them. My neighbors were initially not friendly towards me, having been deeply poisoned by the CCP. When I played Dafa music and Falun Gong DVDs in my apartment, they threatened me at first, but I was not afraid. I sent righteous thoughts to eliminate bad elements from other dimensions, and I continued to speak with them. The vast majority of them eventually quit the CCP.

One year, my brother arranged a family lunch during the Moon Festival at a restaurant and asked us to show up at noon. Remembering that I needed to send righteous thoughts at noon, I told him that my practitioner mother and I would be 30 minutes late. He got very angry and said something bad on the phone. I lacked tolerance and responded with anger. However, I told myself that this was not how I should behave. He is an ordinary person and arranged the family lunch with good intentions. We should cooperate and show up early instead. During the many years of Fa-rectification, I know that ordinary people can be clearheaded one day and unclear the next, so as a practitioner, I should think of others first. After discovering my weakness, I fixed it right away. I showed up early at the lunch and apologized to my brother, and we all had a good time.

My once-practicing father gave up Dafa after the persecution began on July 20, 1999. He practiced on and off a few more times. However, due to frequent police harassment, searches, threats at his home, and because of his fear and the CCP's influence, and seeing how I was subjected to persecution, he began to disrespect Master and Dafa.

I did not help him with compassion and did not realize that he was controlled by the evil, and I treated him badly. I confronted him and quarreled with him. We had a big fight in 2003. I was unable to move after I got home. I was in great pain from my lower back on down and could not fall asleep for three days and nights. My skin turned black. The pain was so severe that it seemed to take my life away. I did not realize then that evil elements were causing the pain and did not see my problem. I memorized the Fa, sent righteous thoughts, and asked Master for help, but the pain was not eased. On the third day, determined that I must believe in Master and Dafa, I vowed to deny this persecution. I asked Master for strength and made up my mind that no one could prevent me from offering people salvation. I got out of bed and felt that the pain had gone. Just like that, I passed the test. I realized that I had to be a true cultivator. Asking Master for help but still staying in bed was not showing full trust in Master and Dafa, and that is not what a true cultivator should do.

Master asked us to offer people salvation. We should cultivate more diligently and do the three things so that we will not let Master down. With Dafa's guidance and Master's protection, we should study the Fa well and do things according to the Fa, improve as a group, complete our mission, and return to our true origins with Master.