(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Long Tingfan from Hubei Province, about 50 years old, was employed by Dongguang Electronics in Jinmen City. Mr. Tingfan's wife, Zhou Ping, is in her 40s. They were seized and sent to forced labor camps because they practice Falun Gong. Currently, they are displaced from their home due to the persecution by the CCP.
Rescued from Death's Door

Before practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Long once had a serious accident at work. His face was disfigured, his bronchial tubes were severely damaged, and his body was rendered useless. Ms. Zhou Ping, his wife, had severe asthma before practicing Falun Gong. After her husband's injury, Ms. Zhou had to shoulder the responsibility of supporting the family.

Mr. Long and his wife started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Soon after, their health fundamentally improved and their family environment turned around.

Before practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Long's injury from work was classified as a Class I disability. No improvement was seen after he visited several hospitals and tried different kinds of Qigong. He also had asthma and sometimes coughed up blood. He rapidly recovered after he started practicing Falun Gong, and his mental state became excellent. His wife also started the practice.

Experiencing the powerful healing effects, Mr. Long and his wife promoted Falun Gong with the greatest enthusiasm. Mr. Tingfan's home is close to Dragon Spring Park, which is the largest park in Jinmen, located in the center of the city. Before the persecution began, there were usually more than 100 practitioners doing group exercises every morning. Every morning there were people who wanted to learn Falun Gong. Mr. Long and fellow practitioners would voluntarily teach them the exercises. The practitioners would conscientiously clean up the park before they left. Their kindness left an excellent impression on others who exercised there as well as the park management. Because of the practitioners' excellent reputation, the park staff would exempt checking tickets for them.

On July 20, 1999, the communist regime started the persecution of Falun Gong.

The Persecution Tore Apart Mr. Long's Family

The CCP first started a nationwide arrest of Falun Gong volunteer assistants. This occurred in Jinmen City.

The couple went to appeal in Beijing before they were sent to the forced labor camp. Their child, who was attending junior high school, was adopted by relatives when they were both detained in the forced labor camps.

The couple returned home from Shayang Forced Labor Camp in Hubei Province in 2001. The wife was again sentenced to five years at the end of November 2001 for telling people, "Falun Dafa is good!" She was sent to the Wuhan Women's Prison and fired from her company.

After Ms. Zhou was sentenced to prison, Mr. Long opened a small rice store to support the family, which consisted of his child and his parents.

Ms. Zhou was nearly paralyzed as a result of being tortured in Wuhan Women's Prison. She had difficulty walking and requested medical treatment, which was denied.

She returned home five years later and she still had difficulty walking in the beginning. After resuming her practice of Falun Gong she recovered quickly, and joy and hope returned to the previously broken family.

The regime officials in Jinmen again illegally arrested Mr. Long on August 15, 2010, another heavy blow to his family. He escaped, however. After learning that her husband had been arrested, his wife was forced to stay away from their home. Currently, the couple are displaced from their home. Mr. Long's computer and other personal belongings were taken away.