Name: Zhang Guiying (张桂英)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Xiaofang Road, Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province
Occupation: Teacher

Date of Most Recent Arrest: June 18, 2010
Most recent place of detention:
Heilongjiang Provincial Women's Prison (黑龙江省女子监狱)
City: Harbin
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, home ransacked, extortion, beatings, forced labor reform, hung up, torture, illegal sentencing.

( On October 27, 2010, the Zhaodong Court secretly sentenced practitioner Ms. Zhang Guiying to six years of imprisonment in the Heilongjiang Provincial Women's Prison.

On October 11, in a small room on the second floor of the court building, the Zhaodong Court held a secret session and put Ms. Zhang on trial. The judge asked anyone that entered: "How do you know there is a session? Where are you from?" The family members replied: "We are relatives." Elder members of the family talked about freedom of belief and freedom of speech in the court. Police officers then accused them of "disturbing the court" and said they would be arrested. The family didn't listen to the police, and the court ended the session quickly.

Ms. Zhang was a primary school teacher at Shijianfang Village, Zhaodong City. At Zhaodong People's Park on June 18, 2010, she and two other practitioners were talking to people about Falun Gong and the persecution. Among the people she was talking to was a plainclothes police officer from the 610 Office. Ms. Zhang was arrested and sent to the detention center. After a lot of effort from her family, Ms. Zhang was released on June 22.

Two hours later, Zhao Renwu, a policeman from the 610 Office, forced Ms. Zhang's friend to give him her home address. Policemen broke into Ms. Zhang's home and took away 6,000 yuan in cash, a mobile phone and a computer. Ms. Zhang was arrested again and taken to the Zhaodong Detention Center, where inmates severely beat her. The prison guards ordered inmates to closely watch her and never leave her alone.

Ms. Zhang has been arrested and detained several times since the CCP started to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. She was held in Zhaodong Detention Center for seven months in 2000. In 2001, she was sentenced to eighteen months of forced labor at the Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp in Qiqihar. In 2003 she was forced to leave her home and move to Daqing, where she was arrested because she read Falun Gong books with other practitioners. She was held at the Daqing Detention Center and was later transferred to Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center, where she suffered physical torture from being tied to a death bed, handcuffed and hung up.

Ten years of constant persecution has destroyed Ms. Zhang's once happy family. Her husband was not able to bear his wife's imprisonment, and in 2003 he tried to commit suicide. Later, he left home, went missing, and his whereabouts are still unknown. At one point, Ms. Zhang's daughter had to make a living by collecting plastic bottles.