Incidents of Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners Employed at the Wuhan Petrochemical Works
(Clearwisdom.net) Lawless personnel in the Wuhan Petrochemical Works have cooperated with Hubei provincial, city-level, and district-level 610 Offices since the onset of the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. They have subjected Falun Gong practitioner employees to forced labor and incarceration in brainwashing facilities. They also dismissed practitioners from employment and withheld their pensions.
Mr. Chen Zhongyi was arrested on September 6, 2010, for distributing information about Falun Gong. Officers from the Baibuting Police Station made the arrest and detained him in the Chenjiaji Brainwashing Center. Mr. Chen's employer did not make any effort to help him; instead, they paid the brainwashing center 5,000 yuan and dispatched two people to monitor Mr. Chen around the clock every day to prevent him from studying the Fa and doing the exercises and not let him have any contact with any other person.
In addition, Wuhan Petrochemical Works officials provided funds to the Wuhan Petrochemical Works Sanitarium for the Hubei Province 610 Office to detain and persecute six practitioners from the Xianning area between September 6 and October 4, 2005. They invested 300,000 yuan during just those four weeks.
The following are practitioner employees that have been persecuted:
Practitioners subjected to forced labor in Hewan Forced Labor Camp:
1) Ms. Zhu Qing: one year of forced labor in 2000
2) Ms. Zhang Lihua: one year in 2000, one and a half years in November 2002
3) Ms. Wang Xiaming: one year on January 20, 2001
4) Mr. Chen Zhongyi: 68 years old, one year in May 2001
5) Mr. Hu Yao: one year in 2002
Practitioners who were arrested, detained, and incarcerated in brainwashing facilities:
1) Mr. Chen Zhongyi: three times in a brainwashing facility, once in a detention center
2) Mr. Hu Yao: once in a brainwashing facility
3) Mr. Leng Hairu: twice in a brainwashing facility, once in a detention center
4) Ms. Wang Xiaming: once in a detention center
5) Ms. Wang Yusheng: twice in a brainwashing facility, twice in a detention center
6) Ms. Zhang Lihua: three times in a brainwashing facility, three times in a detention center
7) Ms. Zhu Qing; four times in a brainwashing facility, once in a detention center
Practitioners subjected to financial persecution:
1) Mr. Chen Zhongyi's pension has been withheld and all welfare stopped since 2001. Retirement office agents extorted 2,000 yuan from him in 2004.
2) Ms. Wang Xiaming's pension has been withheld and all welfare stopped since 2001. Petrochemical Works Police Station officer Liu Jun forced her to pay 5,000 yuan on January 1, 2001.
3) Ms. Zhu Qing's pension has been withheld and all welfare stopped since 2001. She was held in the Qingshan Town Police Station for 32 days in October 2000 and forced to pay 1,300 yuan in extortion.
4) Qingshan Town Police Station officers forced Mr. Leng Hairu to pay 400 yuan in October 2000. Petrochemical Works Police Station officer Li Xiaoying extorted 9,000 yuan from him in October 2000. Mr Leng's employer withheld his salary and forced him to pay 3,000 yuan.
(5) Ms. Zhang Lihua and Ms. Wang Yusheng's pensions have been held and all welfare stopped since 2001.
Parties responsible for the persecution at the Wuhan Petrochemical Works:
Qiu Anxiang, Party secretary: 86-27- 86595002
Wu Kunhua, administrator: 86-27-86595001
Lu Jiuping, Security Office head: 86-27-86595250
Yu Qiaozhou, Retirement Office head: 86-27-86595688
Baibuting Police Station: 86-27-82354655