Name: Guo Aihua (郭爱华)
Gender: Female
Age: 43
Address: Xinhe Town, Hanchuan, Hubei
Occupation: Salesperson at Dianchang Road Supermarket, Xinhe Town
Date of Death: Spring 2006
Date of Most Recent Arrest: Winter 2000
Most Recent Place of Detention: Brainwashing Center at Hanchuan City Chinese Communist Party (CCP) School 汉川市中共党校洗脑班
City: Hanchuan
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Solitary confinement, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, physical restraint, mental hospital admission, detention

( Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Guo Aihua disappeared suddenly in 2006. It has now been confirmed that she was tortured to death at age 43 in the spring of 2006, after being taken to a mental hospital by people from the 610 Office, together with her husband. She was injected with drugs that attacked her central nervous system.

Guo Aihua started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Before cultivating, she was frail and had frequent leg pain. After practicing Falun Gong, she became healthy and her xinxing improved. Her job was selling dried vegetables at the Dianchang Road Supermarket in Xinhe Town. Close to the supermarket was a restroom that no one was willing to clean. She and another practitioner took it upon themselves to clean the restroom regularly.

After the CCP started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Guo was forced to report to the Xinhe Police Station every day. In the winter of 2000, officers from the station were concerned that she and other practitioners would go to Beijing to appeal. They lied to her, saying they wanted to buy something from her, and asked her to bring 20 salted eggs to the police station. She was arrested when she arrived at the police station, and was later taken to a brainwashing camp. Chen Yongan was the responsible person at that brainwashing camp.

In late 2000, officers from the Xinhe Police Station took Ms. Guo and another practitioner to the Second Detention Center in Hanchuan. While in the detention center, Ms. Guo became emaciated and weak, and she was forced to wear heavy chains on her legs. She was brutally beaten many times.

In order to force Ms. Guo to abandon her belief in Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance, officials from the detention center ordered her husband, Hu Changan, to come to the center, and told him to beat her brutally. Hu Changan lost his senses and beat and kicked his wife in front of the police officers. He slapped her face and slandered her. He beat her until blood came from her mouth, and part of her clothes were soaked with blood. When Hu Changan beat his wife, not one of the police officers stopped him. Another time, policeman Ma Huofa noticed that Ms. Guo and other practitioners were doing the Falun Gong exercises. He immediately used the large prison keychain to hit Ms. Guo's head. She had bumps all over her head. Later, she and others were transferred to the CCP's brainwashing center.

Guo Aihua was released after seven months of detention. She had been brutally beaten many times because she wrote the truth about Falun Gong. At home, she was often beaten by her husband, Hu Changan. Later, her husband and Yan Jialin of the 610 Office in Xinhe took Ms. Guo to a mental hospital.

Because she was injected with drugs that attacked her central nervous system, she developed mental problems and was no longer able to think clearly. She was once hit by a truck on the road and her leg was injured.

In the spring of 2006, Guo Aihua suddenly disappeared. It was later learned that she had been locked up on the third floor of her home and given neither food nor water. One day, her daughter took off work and gave her a bath. Ms. Guo died that afternoon. When her relatives saw her in her burial clothes, they noticed that she was very skinny, her bones were visible, and she looked purple-blue.