Name: Wang Ping(王萍)
Gender: Female
Age: 60
Address: Yueyang County, Hunan Province
Occupation: Unknown

Date of most recent arrest: Mid May, 2003
Most recent place of detention: Changsha Women's Prison in Hunan Province (湖南长沙女子监狱)
City: Changsha
Province: Hunan
Persecution suffered: Detention, extortion, forced labor, hung up, physical constraint, beatings, forced to stand still for a long period of time, brainwashing, illegally sentenced.

( In 1998, Wang Ping started practicing Falun Gong. Before this time she had been very sick, and had more than ten diseases, including cervical spondylosis, osteophyte, vertebral shoulder inflammation, tuberculous pleuritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and others. Miraculously, within one month after she started practicing Falun Gong, all the diseases disappeared.

On July 20, 1999, the Jiang administration started persecuting Falun Gong practitioners openly. On March 2, 2000, together with other Falun Gong practitioners, Ms. Wang Ping went to Beijing to seek justice for Falun Gong and Mr. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong. However, when they arrived at the Civil Complaints Office, there were police cars and policemen everywhere. The police did not let them in. Therefore, one of the practitioners wrote a letter to the office, and told them Falun Dafa is good and can make one healthy.

In April 2000, Ms. Wang Ping was arrested by Liu Pingquan, Liu Quanli and other policemen from the Yueyang County 610 Office, just because she was photocopying truth-clarifying materials. She was sent to the Rongjiawan Detention Center, and detained there for a month. The police also extorted her family out of fifteen hundred yuan to release her. On November 15, she was sent to the Rongjiawan Detention Center again, since she was caught disseminating truth-clarifying materials. She went on hunger strike for fifteen days. The Chinese Communist Party members sentenced her to eighteen months of detention, because she went to Beijing to visit the Civil Complaints Office, and photocopied the truth-clarifying materials.

Ms. Wang was sent to Baimalong Women's Labor Camp in Zhuzhou. There she suffered from all kinds of torture performed by the police, including being hung up, handcuffed and suspended in the air without her toes touching the ground, handcuffed behind the back, handcuffed while squatting, cuffed together with dozens of other people. In some parts of the labor camp, Falun Gong practitioners were cuffed behind their backs on stools, and their mouths were taped. Usually, those kinds of torture were performed by male police. Liu Jie, a male policeman, hit Ms. Wang's head with his fist, kicked the lower part of her body and stomped on her breast. He ordered Ms. Wang to stand overnight, and then cuffed her to the window.

The Baimalong Women's Labor Camp uses brainwashing and torture to persecute Falun Gong practitioners, and forces them to sign statements. Ms. Wang did not give up her belief, so her detention was extended for another year. She went on hunger strike for 90 days. The police doctor tried to give her an injection, but couldn't find the vein, since it had deteriorated. Ms. Wang spat out dark blood, so the doctor asked the police to notify her family to prepare for her death. She was released. Miraculously, when she came back home, she resumed practicing Falun Gong exercises, and recovered within two weeks.

In the middle of May, 2003, Ms. Wang Ping went to Xiangjia Town in Pingjiang to prepare truth-clarifying materials. She was sent to Rongjiawan Detention Center, and sentenced to a four year imprisonment in Changsha Women's Prison, in Changsha, Hunan Province. She was forced to watch videos defaming Mr. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong, and the staged self-immolation in Tiananmen Square. She refused to receive the brainwashing, so she was sent to the most harsh division. She was cuffed behind her back for 13 days and 13 nights. After twenty days, she was transferred to another division for forced labor. She was then transferred to the No. 2 division. There she was forced to scoop up beans from icy cold water and peel them. Due to the cold, her fingers were bleeding. Only half of the left hand thumb had skin. She worked there until February 2008, and then was released.

Personnel involved in the persecution of Ms. Wang Ping:
Police in the Baimalong Labor Camp: Liu Jie (Male) and Zhu Rong (Female)
Yueyang County 610 Office: Liu Pingquan (Male), Liu Quanli (Male)
The directors of the Domestic Security Division: Guo Shengqiang (Male), Xiong Chaohui (Male), and Li Xiaomao (Male)
Police in the Changsha Women's Prison: Luo Jian (Female)
Inmate in the Changsha Women's Prison: Liu Ling (Female, from Yueyang)
Yueyang County Detention Center: Yu Deming (Male), Cheng Yongjian (Male) and Xie Zehua (Male)