(Clearwisdom.net) On September 3, 2009, Miyi County Court denied the appeal of 60-year-old Ms. Gao Longying. The court upheld the original, illegal sentence of five years. Since then, she has been imprisoned in Longquanyi Women's Prison with her two daughters.

Ms. Gao lives in Ganlanhe Village, Binggu Town, Miyi County in Sichuan Province. There used to be five in her family: Ms. Gao, Zhang Zhengquan (her husband), and their three daughters. All but their second daughter are Falun Gong practitioners. Even though their second daughter is not a practitioner, she supports them. Because of Falun Gong, theirs was a happy family.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) persecution started in July 1999, Ms. Gao and her family have suffered tremendously. Three of them were sentenced, and their second daughter, the only non-practitioner in the household, is extremely fearful. Unable to endure the pressure of the persecution, Mr. Zhang Zhengquan dared not to practice the exercises. As a result, he had a heart attack and died in 2004.

Because she remained steadfast in her belief, Ms. Gao and the two daughters have been detained numerous times. They were all sentenced to prison illegally. Her second daughter has been frequently threatened by the Domestic Security Team, 610 Office, and her work unit, which demanded that she draw a clean line between herself and her family. If she refused, she would be fired.

The Ongoing Persecution of Gao Longying

During the past ten years, Ms. Gao has been arrested and detained nine times. She was forced to do hard labor twice and was sentenced to prison once.

On November 20, 1999, she was arrested for the first time. When she went to the Beijing appeals office, she was arrested and then escorted to Miyi County Detention Center. On November 26, 1999, she was released.

On January 6, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal again. She was arrested there for the second time and was escorted back to Miyi by police officers Liao Hongbing and Zhou Lin. She was held at the detention center for 48 days. During that time, she was interrogated many times by Xiang Jinfa, Liao Hongbing, and Yang Zihua from the Political and Security Section. She was then transferred to Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, where she was held for one-and-a-half years. She was released on April 8, 2001.

In August 2001 Ms. Gao was arrested for the third time at her friend's house by an officer from Miyi County Police Department, and she was held at the detention center for two days.

On June 10, 2002, she was arrested for the fourth time while watching Falun Gong truth-clarifying DVDs at home. This time she was held at the detention center for 28 days, until July 8, 2002.

On July 24, 2002, she was arrested for the fifth time by officers Chai Faxiang and Zhou Lin from the Political and Security Section of the police department. She was held iin the Miyi County Detention Center. She was interrogated numerous times by the guards Yang Zihua and Liao Hongbing. She was tortured, including being hung up for six hours and handcuffed for 18 days. From there, she was transferred to the labor camp. She was forced to do hard labor for two years. In the camp, she underwent brainwashing sessions and suffered from all kinds of physical torture. She was forced to stand in the military style for a long period of time. She was also force-fed twice (for over an hour each time).

On November 5, 2006, the domestic security officers in Miyi County informed Ms. Gao that she had to go to the Domestic Security Division to answer questions. Once there, she was detained for the sixth time. The domestic security officers from Panzhihua and Miyi (Yang Zihua and Zhou Lin) hung Ms. Gao from the window in the Panlian Town Police Station of Miyi County. With her feet dangling in the air, Ms. Gao shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" The guards lowered her down and then gagged her with a cloth. As the guards prepared to pull her up again, Ms. Gao held her arms to her chest. In pulling her arms away from her chest, a domestic security officer and Yang Zihua fractured her arms. On November 6, Ms. Gao was taken to Miyi County Hospital. A dozen stitches had to be taken in her arms. Four people were assigned to watch her while she was in the hospital.

On October 13, 2007, she was arrested for the seventh time because the CCP was having its 17th Plenary Session. She was detained at a brainwashing center.

On May 22, 2008, she was arrested for the eighth time by domestic security officers while she was telling people about the persecution of Falun Gong. She was detained for a month.

On April 14, 2009, Ms. Gao was arrested for the ninth time. She went to Malong in Miyi County with Zhang Zhenghuan, Luo Shimei, and Zhou Jianxian to explain the facts about Falun Gong to people. Domestic Security officers Yang Zihua, Zhou Lin and Xu Xing followed them all the way there and then arrested them. The four were detained in Miyi Detention Center. All of their residences were searched, and their personal belongings were confiscated.

On September 3, 2009, the Miyi County Court upheld the original verdict in its second decision. The original verdict gave Ms. Gao a five-year sentence, Zhang Zhenghuan a four-year sentence, Luo Shimei a three-year sentence, and Zhou Jianxian a two-year sentence. Ms. Gao is still in Longquanyi Women's Prison.

The Persecution of Her Daughter, Zhang Hongying

Ms. Gao's oldest daughter, Zhang Hongying, is 39. She lives in Panlian Town, Miyi County, Sichuan Province. Her third daughter, Zhang Jiashuang, is 37 and lives in Panlian Town.

On October 15, 1999, Ms. Zhang Hongying went to Beijing to clarify the truth of Falun Gong for the first time. She held a banner and shouted, "Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good!" The police at Tiananmen Square brutally beat her. The four practitioners who were with her all lost consciousness after being beaten, and all were bleeding. Afterwards, they were detained in Beijing Dongcheng District Local Police Station for eight hours. During this time, they were deprived of food, water, and use of the restroom. They then suffered gross mistreatment and abuse for a week in the Panzhihua City Liaison Office in Beijing. At that time, they were allowed to use the toilet only twice a day and sometimes not at all. In addition, two policewomen forced them to strip off all their clothes except their underwear in October. Policeman Qiu Tianming from Panzhihua City said that Ms. Zhang Hongying was the leader of the practitioners, so he slapped her face ten times and forced her to bend over at a 90-degree-angle for several hours. Two others also participated in torturing the practitioners at the Panzhihua City Liaison Office. They were Bai Tingfei, a government employee of Binggu Township in Miyi County, and a person named Zeng Laowu.

On October 22, 1999, Ms. Zhang Hongying was escorted back to Miyi and held at the detention center. Her ID card and 500yuan in cash were taken from her, but the guards did not explain why they took it nor did they give her a receipt for the cash. During the 50 days in the detention center, she was handcuffed and shackled. She was forced to stand on a small stool for an entire day. She was also tortured by having to carry bowls of water, push a wall, etc. She was forced to recite the rules of the center everyday, and she was interrogated daily. Almost every single person from the Municipal Political Security Section and the County Political Security Section interrogated her. Those who participated in the persecution of Ms. Zhang were Xiang Jinfa, Chai Faxiang, Yang Zihua, and Zhou Lin from the Political Security Section of Miyi County, along with eight policemen whose names are unknown. Wu Xueming (the head of Miyi County Detention Center), Zhu Chenglong (the deputy head), and Liu Qichao directed the persecution. Peng (the head of Section 1 of Panzhihua City Police Department) and policeman Qiu Tianming also participated in the persecution of Ms. Zhang Hongying.

On June 20, 2000 Ms. Zhang Hongying attended an experience sharing conference in Tuochanghegou, Miyi County. She was arrested and detained in Miyi County Detention Center. Xiang Jinfa, Liao Hongbing, Yang Zihua, and Zhou Lin from the Political Security Section and Wu Xueming, Zhu Chenglong, and Liu Qichao from the detention center all tortured her. She was also tied up and was forced to parade in the streets for people to ridicule her. She was detained for about six months. In December 2000, Miyi County Court sentenced her to four years and transferred her to Yangmahe Women's Prison in Jianyang, Sichuan Province. In the prison, Ms. Zhang was forced to undergo brainwashing for three months, for up to ten hours a day. She was forced to recite the prison rules and sit on the floor for a long period of time. She was also forced to do hard labor for 12 hours a day, and pressure was put on her to "transform." Because she remained steadfast in following Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and refused to be "transformed," she was once again locked up in the brainwashing center within the prison. She was personally attacked at the public criticism sessions, tied up, and locked in a small cell for a week. The pain was unbearable: She was prohibited from speaking to other practitioners; she could not say Falun Dafa; she was not allowed to write to her family; and she was not permitted to tell her family about the persecution that she suffered.

Zhang Hongying and Zhang Jiashuang Were Tortured and Persecuted Together

On November 2, 2006, Ms. Zhang Hongying, Ms. Zhang Jiashuang, and Ms. Lu Tao were arrested by officers from Changjiang Afforestation Bureau Police Department while they were distributing truth-clarification materials in Xiaodeshi, Miyi County. On the same day, some officers from Miyi County and Panzhihua City grossly abused the three women. The officers hung them up onto window frames, then grabbed their hair and hit their heads against the wall while the practitioners' bodies dangled in the air. For three days, the three practitioners were tied up together and left in a public area for people to look at and curse.

They were detained at Miyi County Detention Center for eight months. On Sunday, June 17, 2007, Miyi County Court held a trial for Ms. Zhang Hongying, Ms. Zhang Jiashuang, and Ms. Lu Tao. They defended themselves. While listening to the victims' defenses, the judge and the prosecutor were speechless and hence had to halt the trial.

On July 17, 2007, Miyi County Court held a secret trial. Without going through any legal procedures, they gave Ms. Lu Tao a five-year sentence, Ms. Zhang Hongying a four-year sentence, and Ms. Zhang Jiashuang a three-and-a-half year sentence. They are being held in Longquanyi Women's Prison.