Name: Luo Jinji (罗锦基)
Gender: Male
Age: 54
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Laid-off employee of a State-owned Water Shipping Company (国营航运公司)
Date of Death: April, 11, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Brainwashing Center
City: Unknown
Province: Guangdong
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, torture, detention

( On April 11, 2009, my older brother, Mr. Luo Jinji, died as a result of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. He was only fifty-four years old. He suffered from the CCP deceiving and persecuting him his entire life.

In 1970, after ten years of CCP eduction full of betrayal and propaganda, my brother began working for a state-run shipping company. Over the next twenty-two years, he worked unconditionally, receiving a wage which was just enough to put food on his table, because he believed in what the CCP said, "the superiority of the socialist system", "trust the CCP, trust socialism", "a society for the elderly, sufficient pension for retirees."

In 1992, the shipping company was one of the most profitable state-run companies, but CCP senior officers altered the company books, claiming they were operating at a loss. The company was sold to a private investor for a below market price which was set after the senior officials had taken an exorbitant bribe. This was a common practice in China. My brother, like many other workers who worked in state-run companies, lost his job overnight. There was no social security. His dream of retirement, his hope of "the superiority of the socialist system" was shattered. To survive, he worked as a day laborer. His health was deteriorating.

In 1998, my brother started practicing Falun Dafa. His health improvement was obvious. But in July 1999, when the CCP began persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners, my brother lost his right to practice. The CCP imprisoned him in a brainwashing center three times. My brother was an upright and honest man. Every time he spoke the truth, which did not align with the CCP's lies and views, he was physically tortured.

After suffering persecution and losing his right to practice, my brother's illnesses returned. In November 2008, CCP agents again imprisoned him in a brainwashing center, indifferent to the fact that he was receiving on-going hospital treatment. On April 11, 2009, my brother died.

Before his cremation, and running the risk of my own arrest, I went to see my brother for a final time in the Guangdong Province Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital. His eye sockets were hollow. I suspected that his eyes were removed to be sold on the black market, but I could not prove this because his body was covered by a sheet and a glass case separated him from me.

My brother's tragedy is one of thousands in China. As long as the CCP exists, such tragedies will continue.

Written on January 14, 2010