Name: Wang Hongxia(王红霞)
Gender: Female
Age: 47
Address: Family House of Shandong Prison in Weifang City
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 9, 2008
Most recent place of detention: Shandong Province First Women Labor Camp (山东省第一女子劳教所)
City: Jinan
Province: Shandong
Persecution Suffered: Sleep Deprivation, Beatings, Torture

( (By a correspondent from Shandong Province) On July 9, 2008, ahead of the Olympics in Beijing, 30-40 police officers from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) broke into Ms. Wang Hongxia's home and arrested her and her husband, Jiang Zhenbo, both practitioners in Weifang City, Shandong Province. They were then taken to a forced labor camp. Within six months, the persecution in the camp caused Ms. Wang to develop tumors of various sizes in her armpit and on her breasts.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Ms. Wang's body, after she was persecuted (graphic, enter with caution)

Ms. Wang's husband, Mr. Jiang, was a high-ranking prison marshal in Weifang Prison, and was fired because he persisted in cultivating Falun Dafa and adhering to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. During the past few years, the couple has been persecuted by the CCP.

Ms. Wang describes the persecution that she received during her detention in the forced labor camp below:

My name is Wang Hongxia, and I am 47 years old. Because I cultivated in Falun Dafa and tried to be a good person, a group of 30-40 officers from Weifang National Police, Weifang National Security Squadron, Nanguan Police Station, and Nanguan Neighborhood Office swarmed my home (family housing of Weifang Prison) at around 6:00 a.m. on July 9, 2008. I locked the door from the inside, but they climbed up to the balcony with a ladder and broke into my house through the window.

One of them said, "Wang Hongxia, give us money and we will let you go." I said, "I don't have any money." He said, "Then you will go to the forced labor camp."

At around 10:00 a.m., they arrested my husband Jiang Zhengbo and me, and then ransacked our home. While no one was at home, they seized two computers (one of them just bought on July 5 for our son's work), four printers, one portable DVD player, one scanner, and 13,000 yuan in cash. They also seized Dafa books that my husband and I read, and truth clarification materials. Even the cash box for our daily expenses was taken.

They first took us to the Nanguan Police Station in Weicheng District, and then transferred us to the Weifang Detention Center. A month later, they took my husband to Shandong Province Second Men's Forced Labor Camp on the morning of August 8, 2008, and took me to the Shandong Province Second Women's Forced Labor Camp in Wangchunsuli.

I was assigned to Squadron IV of Ward VI in the Second Women's Forced Labor Camp. The policewomen in charge were Wu Xiuli and Li Qing. Wu was on duty the day that I arrived at Squadron IV, and she tried to "transform" me right away. First she tried to trick me by pretending to be nice, then became vicious when I refused to "transform" and help her.

One thing they did was deprive me of sleep. At first I was forced to sit up until after 11:00 p.m., then it became 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. I was then forced to get up at 4:00 a.m. The torture caused me to confuse day and night.

Another way of torturing me was forcing me to stand for over twenty hours a day, even when eating meals. After the meals, I was locked in the bathroom so that I would not be seen by others.

A third torture method was not letting me use the toilet.

A fourth torture method was not lettin me take showers. My clothes were very smelly.

The fifth way was beating and scolding me.

Every time Wu tried to "transform" me, I either remained silent, or gave an answer not satisfactory to her. She would hit my left breast and cause me great pain. She had gone through special police training for fighting, and knew how to hit a woman. To increase her chance of success in "transforming" people, she tortured me both physically and mentally and totally confused me. Then she and Wang Lixue held my hand and forced me to write words insulting Mr. Li Hongzhi.

On September 24, they took fifty or so of us practitioners to the Shandong Province First Women's Forced Labor Camp in Jinan City. I was assigned to Ward VI for brainwashing, and persecuted there for a month. They tortured, threatened, and isolated me. They tried to instill evil thoughts in me, and made me work like a slave. All this caused me to appear to suffer Stockholm syndrome and I felt deep regret all day long and was under tremendous pressure.

Because of the environment and stress I was under, I began feeling slight pain under my left armpit in early December. On December 22 when I was examined with ultrasound in Jinan City Police Hospital, it was found that I had many tumors of different sizes under my left armpit and on my breast. The doctor wanted me to have an operation immediately, but the First Women's Forced Labor Camp would not pay the medical expenses. On January 9, 2009, after some back and forth negotiations, they released me for medical treatment. My family took me to the Weifang People's Hospital to have another examination on January 15, and it was found that along with the left side of my body, the tumors have also appeared on my right side.

Written on August 16, 2009