(Clearwisdom.net) Editors' note: In both Western and Chinese cultures, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The universe will reward acts that are in harmony with this principle, while doing things such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

Party Secretary Wu Bingxing of Xiakang Village, Xiakang Town, She County, Anhui Province Dies of Cancer

Wu Bingxing, the party secretary of Xiakang Village, blindly followed the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) orders to persecute practitioners. He would go to each practitioner's home to confiscate and destroy Dafa books. Later, he developed lung cancer that spread to the brain. In 2008, at the age of 49, he passed away, leaving behind several young children.

Tian Peizhi of the Leigongta Town Police Station, Li County, Hunan Province Received Retribution

Police officer Tian Peizhi, 58, of the Leigongta Town Police Station, actively followed along with the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. He sentenced four practitioners to prison, arrested one, and extorted more than 30,000 yuan from practitioners. Local practitioners have
clarified the truth to him several times and advised him to stop his evil deeds. However, he refused to listen and also cursed Master Li and Dafa.

At around 9:00 p.m. on May 25, 2009, while playing Mahjong at someone's house, Tian Peizhi suddenly lost consciousness. The doctors weren't able to diagnose his disease, and thus couldn't treat him. More than two months have passed and Tian is still unconscious. He also currently suffers from bed sores.

August 1, 2009