(Clearwisdom.net) On July 7, 2009, the Jiamusi Xiangyang District Court tried Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Yu Yungang, Mr. Fu Yu, Ms Liu Xiufang, and Mr. Wu Zhigang for using a "small loudspeaker" to clarify the facts to people.

Early in the morning, vehicles and personnel from the Jiamusi City 610 Office, Jiamusi Police Department, Xiangyang Police Station, and plainclothes agents gathered on the sides of the road in front of Jiamusi City Detention Center. Chen Wanyou and Zhang Yunlong from the police department were among them. A week earlier, the Jiamusi Suburban Court played the same trick and set up a "court" in Jiamusi Detention Center to try practitioner Huang Weizhong.

Jiamusi Xiangyang District Court did not even dare to tell these practitioners' families the time or location for the trial ahead of time, for fear that other Falun Gong practitioners might go there to form a field of righteousness and justice, and that lawyers with a sense of justice would step forward to defend the practitioners. They were even more fearful that the consciences of personnel in the CCP's legal system might be aroused. On the morning of the day before the court session, Fu Yu's mother and his relatives went to the court in person to ask what time the trial would begin, but they were abruptly rebuffed by the presiding judge, Zhao Yubin, who told them, "It's not decided yet. You have no right to come to ask about it." He then impatiently ordered them to leave. However, at around 9:00 p.m. that evening, the court suddenly notified the families of Yu Yungang, Fu Yu, Liu Xiufang, and Wu Zhigang that a trial would commence at 9:00 a.m. in Jiamusi Detention Center the next day.

The session lasted over two hours, and most of the time was taken up by Fang Baosen from the Jiamusi Xiangyang District Procuratorate Office and another prosecutor. The latter, name unknown, stuttered and sweat as he read the proceedings. Seeing this, the presiding judge Zhao Yubin offered some ideas, telling him to read only the important details.

As there were no defense counsels present, the practitioners were only allowed to reply "yes" or "no". At the end, Zhao Yubin only allowed each practitioner to say two sentences, calling this their "response." When the trial began, there were about twenty people in attendance, but towards the end, there were only three policemen left. During the session, someone from the Political and Judiciary Committee of Jiamusi City also showed up for a while. In the end of the session, Xiangyang District Court did not pronounce judgment. The trial ended with a notice that "judgment will be passed at a later date."

Mr. Fu Yu's mother openly made public the deceptive conduct of the court in keeping the trial a secret so that lawyers from Beijing could not attend. This made Zhao Yubin very nervous and scared. He quickly ordered the police to take the family members away. The courage of Fu Yu's mother greatly encouraged the practitioners being persecuted. After the trial, although the family members had already left the courtroom, they could still hear Mr. Fu Yu, Ms. Liu Xiufang, and Mr. Yu Yungang shouting, "Falun Dafa is good!"

Before the trial, the court said that one family member representing each practitioner would be permitted to enter the courtroom. However, none of Ms Liu Xiufang's family members were allowed in, because officials claimed that there were enough people inside already. Her daughter-in-law immediately went to the city to reason with the authorities of Xiangyang District Court and exposed their deceptive practices. In the end, the authorities had to make a phone call to the detention center, but the detention center said the trial was already over.

Before and during the session, whenever someone walked by the detention center, the police and plainclothes agents questioned them and check their bags and pockets. The police tried to pull two female practitioners into a police car, but they did not cooperate; instead, they stood up to the police and exposed the evil persecution.

Mr. Yu Yungang, Mr. Fu Yu, and Ms. Liu Xiufang are being persecuted for using "small loudspeakers" to clarify the facts to people. Their arrest warrant was issued on March 16, 2009, by the Jiamusi City Procuratorate Office, and the police arrested them the next day. Mr. Yu and Mr. Fu have been on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and they are both very weak at the moment. During the trial, Yu Yungang still had a force-feeding tube inserted in his nostril.

What happened earlier in the year

At the beginning of February, Zhou Yongkang, member of the Standing Committee of the CCP' Political Bureau, Head of the Central Political and Judiciary Committee, and one of the chief culprits responsible for the persecution of Falun Gong, went to Heilongjiang Province to personally direct the persecution, under the guise of protecting the "World University Winter Games." The CCP escalated its persecution in Heilongjiang Province. Participating departments included the Ministry of National Security, Ministry of Public Security, the Police Department of Heilongjiang Province, Jiamusi City Police Department, all police forces and associated departments in Jiamusi, plus police forces that were brought in from elsewhere. They used wireless monitoring equipment and set up round-the-clock surveillance. The arrested practitioners suffered torture, including "hanging up" and "deprivation of sleep," and even their family members were abducted and held as hostages. This is by far the worst situation a local area has seen since the TV interception incident in 2002, both in terms of the number of people involved and the degree of cruelty used to terrorize them.

From another perspective, we can see that the use of the "small loudspeaker" has effectively deterred the evil. The CCP is very apprehensive, as if it knows its disintegration is fast approaching.