(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Guijun is a Falun Gong practitioner in Linqing City, Shandong Province. She was sent to labor camp in mid-October 2008. She now has edema all over her body as a result of gross abuse and mistreatment at the labor camp. Her hyperthyroidism has also recurred, and she is in pain every day. This is the second time she has been sent to a labor camp. Following are particulars:

Ms. Li Guijun, 33 years old, lives in Beisanli Village, Xinhua, Linqing City, Shandong Province. Prior to the 2008 Olympics, Meng Juan and several other local officials went to Ms. Li's home and demanded to see her ID card. Ms. Li told them her ID card had been lost, and they left. That afternoon, Meng Juan and others returned and, without showing any documents, began to confiscate her possessions. They also called Xinghua Police Station people to arrest Ms. Li and take her to a detention center.

Ms. Li's family went to Police Department and detention center many times, asking them to release Ms. Li. The police did not release her, but instead demanded payment of 5,000 Yuan in extortion, and that the family guarantee that she give up the practice. Several days later, in mid-October, without informing Ms. Li's family, police sent her to Jinan City Women's Labor Camp, Division 3, in Shandong Province, for a two-year term.

One month into her stay at the labor camp, Ms. Li had severe illness symptoms. Labor Camp officials notified her family and ordered them to send 3,000 Yuan. Her husband went to the labor camp to visit her. Camp officials demanded 8,000 Yuan, saying that it was for medical treatment Ms. Li had received.

Ms. Li has now been incarcerated for five months. She is unable to wear shoes because of her swollen feet, which show scars. There are two rotten holes in her feet, making her hurt daily. As already mentioned above, her hyperthyroidism also recurred. Ms. Li's family went several times asking for her release, but have always been refused. They are worried about her health.

Ms. Li was also earlier sent to labor camp for a three-year term for going to Beijing to appeal in 2000. She was sent to the Wangcun Women's Labor Camp in Shandong Province, but was released after a year because of her hyperthyroidism.