(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Ruan Aiyin, in her 40s, is a resident from Zhangcuoli County, Jinhan Township, in Ningde City, Fujian Province. Since the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, she was illegally arrested by police officers from the Jiaocheng District Department National Security Division in Ningde City. She was later sentenced to prison for refusing to renounce her beliefs.

Besides being brutally tortured in various forced labor camps and prisons, Ms. Ruan also had one of her organs removed without her consent.

Organ removal at the Fujian Province Women's Labor Camp

In July 2001, Ms. Ruan and her daughter went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. They were later arrested and sent back to their hometown where they were detained in the Ningde City Detention Center for 15 days.

In 2002, someone in Ms. Ruan's town groundlessly suspected that she would appeal for Falun Gong and reported her to the police. Officers from the National Security Division of the Jiaocheng District Police Department went to Ms. Ruan's home and arrested her. She was later detained at the Zhouning County Detention Center for 44 days then transferred to the Ningde City Detention Center for three days.

Ms. Ruan was later sentenced to one year in the Fujian Province Women's Forced Labor Camp by Ningde City officials.

The guards encouraged the criminal intimates to verbally abuse and humiliate Ms. Ruan, beat her, and torture her with sleep deprivation. Under such intolerable mental and physical conditions, Ms. Ruan―while not in a clear state of mind―was forced to write a guarantee statement. When she came to her senses, she told the guards that what she wrote was void.

The guards immediately ordered intimates to kick and punch Ms. Ruan, and later forced her to squat for hours on end. Afterwards, Ms. Ruan felt extreme pain in her abdomen and was unable to stand up.

The guards took Ms. Ruan to the Jianxin Hospital in Fujian Province (a prison hospital that specializes in persecuting practitioners) where she was detained for over 20 days for "treatment." Without Ms. Ruan's permission, they injected her with anesthetics and removed one of her organs.

After surgery, Ms. Ruan felt excruciating pain in her stomach area. When she asked the chief hospital administrator why the doctors performed surgery on her without her consent, he said, "The walls of your stomach were perforated and we needed to perform surgery on you." Yet he did not provide Ms. Ruan with any specific evidence to support his claim.

When Ms. Ruan's condition steadily worsened, the labor camp released her on medical parole for three months in order to shirk responsibility for her impending death.

When Ms. Ruan was taken back to the labor camp, her hands and feet were tied to an iron bed and she was beaten and tortured for refusing to renounce her belief. She vomited blood on two separate occasions.

When Ms. Ruan vomited blood for the third time, she was taken to the Jianxin Hospital where she went on a hunger strike for 28 days to protest the persecution. She shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" and firmly rejected being force-fed, right up to the day that she was released.

Brutally tortured at the Fujian Province Women's Prison and Ningde City Mental Hospital

In September 2004, Ms. Ruan was arrested and detained at the Ningde City Detention Center by police officers from the National Security Division, in the Jiaocheng District of Ningde City. The police said that they had "suspected" that she was involved in distributing truth-clarifying DVDs in Ningde City along with eight other practitioners who had already been arrested.

In April 2005 the Ningde City Court sentenced Ms. Ruan to five years in the Fujian Provincial Women's Prison while the other eight practitioners were sentenced from four to seven years in prison. While imprisoned, Ms. Ruan shouted "Falun Dafa is good" and "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good," and firmly resisted the persecution. In January 2006, she was released on medical parole.

On April 27, 2007, Ms. Ruan was again arrested by police officers from the local National Security Division for posting fliers at the Yangzhong Township. She was taken back to the Fujian Provincial Women's Prison where the guards handcuffed her hands and feet and shackled her to a metal bed. The only time the guards undid her handcuffs was when she ate, used the bathroom, or washed up.

To protest her imprisonment and abuse, Ms. Ruan went on a hunger strike for over ten days. On February 25, 2008, she was released on medical parole after the guards saw that she was on the brink of death. When officers from the Ningde City National Security Division heard about her release, they took Ms. Ruan to the Ningde City Mental Hospital (formally the Ningde City Rehabilitation Hospital) claiming that Ms. Ruan must be mentally ill if she still persisted in shouting "Falun Dafa is good."

The nurses there tried to force Ms. Ruan to swallow some hypertension drugs. When she refused, she was shocked on her temples with an electric baton and brutally forced-fed. She strongly protested this inhumane treatment.

When Ms. Ruan showed signs of going into shock, hospital administrators quickly notified the local National Security Division and asked her family to come pick her up. She was finally released on medical parole after her family paid a 6,000 yuan bond on January 21, 2009.

On February 7, 2009, Ms. Ruan was forced to leave home and become homeless in order to avoid further persecution and possible arrest. Her whereabouts is unknown.

Ningde City Mental Hospital: 86-593-2823767
Luo Ruitang, director