Name: Wei Kunfeng (魏昆峰)
Gender: Male
Age: 38
Address: Unknown
Occupation: 技术员工 Technician

Date of Most Recent Arrest: May 18, 2008
Most recent place of detention: 新密男子监狱 Xinmi Men's Prison
City: 新密市 Xinmi City
Province: 河南省 Henan Province
Persecution Suffered: Imprisonment, home ransacked, extortion, illegal sentencing, forced labor, solitary confinement, brainwashing, forced labor, beatings, torture, drug administration, physical restraint

( (By a Clearwisdom correspondent in Henan Province) Prior to the Beijing Olympics Games, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) accelerated the persecution of Falun Gong in China. As a result, Mr. Wei Kunfeng, a practitioner from Pingdingshan City, Henan Province, was arrested on May 18, 2008, and detained in prison.

In the middle of the night on May 18, 2008, more than 10 police officers arrested Mr. Wei after he was tricked into going into another practitioner's house and took him away handcuffed. They also broke into his house and took away his computer, supplies, and other personal belongings. His arrest left behind an elderly mother who needed someone to take care of her.

In March 2009, Mr. Wei was sentenced to four years in jail by the Weidong District Court in Pingdingshan City for "undermining the implementation of the laws."

Model Citizen as a Result of Practicing Falun Dafa

Thirty-eight-year-old Mr. Wei was an outstanding technician in a chemical fiber factory in Pingdingshan City. Since he began practicing Falun Gong, his violent temper had mellowed, and he had become a very good person. Over the years, he had been awarded the title "model employee" many times due to his upright character and good work ethic. He was sincerely praised by his colleagues and boss.

Detained and Tortured for Three Years Simply Because He Spoke Out for Falun Gong

In 2001, Mr. Wei went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Later, he was arrested and sent to Bailou Prison in Pingdingshan City, where he was detained for three years simply because he spoke out for Falun Gong

Before the CCP held its16th Congress, a harsh law was issued by the 610 Office. "If you don't renounce your faith, our jobs will be at risk" was used by prison guards as grounds for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. A series of cruel tactics was implemented which included fabricating evidence, strict monitoring, extorting money, forced "transformation", brainwashing, forced labor, solitary confinement, and long periods of enforced kneeling in order to subdue practitioners.

On April 5, 2002, prison guards tricked Mr. Wei into drinking water that contained harmful and unknown ingredients. They deliberately unlocked the door of his cell to lure out him, so as to create a false image that he was trespassing. Then, they ordered other inmates to beat him and claimed, "Whoever hits him the hardest will have his prison term reduced." Because of the beating, Mr. Wei's body, face, and the surrounding hallway were stained with his blood. They restrained him with strong rope, while turning up the volume of the TV in order to drown out the sounds of their brutality. As a result, Mr. Wei lost consciousness and his heart stopped.

On October 20, defying the brutal methods, Mr. Wei refused again to bend to the Communist authorities. As a result, the guards took him outside into the compound, stripped him, and started pouring cold water over him until he was shivering. They applied the so-called "police rope" method to torture him. They tied his hands behind his back and pulled the rope upward, causing excruciating pain. They continued torturing him inside the prison even though his arms and hands were severely injured. They also inserted a stick into the rope, twisting it until the rope cut into his flesh. Then they shocked his buttocks with an electric baton. They stopped torturing him only when his arms and hands were nearly crippled and he was close to death.

He was not allowed to drink, use the toilet, or take a break to rest in hot weather. He was not permitted buy anything, not even the most basic items for personal use. Corporal punishment was routine. In the winter, he was forced to sit on the damp cement ground for more than 10 hours. If he even shook slightly, a big stick would be used on him. There was another corporal punishment: the guards would push him against the wall, making his head bear all his weight, and he was not allowed to move. Because he couldn't endure this torture, he was thrown into a gunnysack and beaten severely. As a result, he became mentally disoriented and his head swelled. He was only sent to the hospital after he was tortured to the verge of death.

Jailed Again in 2008

Mr. Wei was again arrested in May 2008 and is currently detained in Xinmi Men's Prison. This place is known for its brutal persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. The prison guards there hang practitioners upside down and beat them severely. This so-called "advanced unit" is nothing but a place to reduce practitioners to skin and bones. In order to cover up the abuse, guards in the First Detention Center didn't allow his family to see him. His mother sent him money and personal items, but they never reached him.

We call on everyone in Pingdingshan City to help stop the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners who live according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.