Name: Zhang Wenfeng (张文丰)
Gender: Male
Age: Unknown
Address: Dehui City, Jilin Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: Prior to April 17, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jilin Province Prison (吉林监狱)
City: Jilin
Province: Jilin
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, illegal sentencing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, "hung up" torture, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture, rape, sexual assault, forced-feedings, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( (By a correspondent from Jilin Province) Mr. Zhang Wenfeng was subjected to sexual abuse and forced administration of drugs for over one year in Jilin Prison. Even after these crimes were exposed in an earlier article, the prison authorities continued encouraging prisoners to abuse Mr. Zhang. They threatened to kill him and claimed that no one would find out. A prisoner told him, "We are all treating you based on the administration's instructions."

Mr. Zhang is now very weak. He often feels dizzy, has difficulty breathing, and his body lists to one side when he walks. When his younger brother heard that he was being abused, he rushed to Jilin Prison to visit him. Mr. Zhang told his brother that often his food is drugged, and that once when he passed out, prisoners injected an unknown substance into his back, around the spine. The spot of the injection was swollen and infected when his brother arrived. His family plans to sue the perpetrators. The perpetrators are scared, and thus have threatened to kill him. Mr. Zhang's family is trying to have him released on medical parole, as they fear that the prison hospital may kill him to cover up their crimes.

On April 17, 2008, inmates in Cell #509, Third Section, Third Ward, mixed drugs into Mr. Zhang Wenfeng's food. After eating the food, Mr. Zhang lost consciousness and was sexually abused. Inmates Xie Guochen and Zhang Hui were responsible for the management of prisoners in the cell. When he awakened the following morning, Mr. Zhang found that a large amount of bodily fluids had come out of his anus. He reported the incident to guard Chai Hongjun, who was responsible for the Third Ward. Before this incident, Xie Guochen stated, "If he remains disobedient, we'll simply put some drugs into his food and [sexually abuse] him." Zhang Hui also threatened, "Give him some drugs and let him die in his sleep." The day after he was sexually abused, Mr. Zhang also felt pain in his cervical vertebrae (spinal cord at the neck).

After Mr. Zhang reported the incident to guard Chai Hongjun, Chai said, "I'll report it to the prison administration." Prisoner Xie Guochen said openly to prisoner Zhang Hui, "I'll say that you ordered me to drug him if they ask." (So as to share the blame, and receive favor from the prison authorities) Even though Mr. Zhang had been abused by these prisoners, Guard Chai did not discipline them. That same day, practitioner Mr. Shi Wenzhuo wrote a report about the brutal abuse occurring in the Third Ward, and was held under strict control as punishment. Mr. Zhang tried to stop this and shouted to them, "People who persecute Falun Dafa practitioners will meet with karmic retribution." Guard Chai then detained Mr. Zhang in a "strict control" cell for one and a half months.

One morning in mid-September 2008, Mr. Zhang's head was swollen, and he felt weak all over. At around noontime when he was working, he felt hot and rolled up his sleeves. He discovered what appeared to be a needle mark in the vein of his right wrist. He suspected that his swollen head and weakness were caused by injections of unknown drugs after he was beaten and unconscious. He reported this to guard Chai and requested a medical examination. The following day, Chai took Mr. Zhang to the prison hospital, but the doctor there flatly refused to examine him. Chai confined Mr. Zhang in a strict control cell again on September 23, 2008.

Guard Sun Fengjun ordered inmate Fan Tiejun to push Mr. Zhang into the cell. Mr. Zhang's hands were tied together and he was hung up with his feet barely touching the ground. He lost consciousness after suffering in this position for almost half an hour. He did not know how much time had passed when the inmate who was in charge of the torture untied him and asked him menacingly, "Will you eat?" Mr. Zhang replied, "No." The inmate then wrapped up Mr. Zhang's entire body with adhesive tape and threw him on the floor. He lay on the ground, nearly comatose, for a full day and night. The inmate occasionally beat him. Mr. Zhang could hardly breathe and was near death.

On April 17, 2008, after Mr. Zhang was drugged and sexually abused in the Third Ward, there were two prisoners, Li Xuebin and Guan Jian, close by in the Tenth Ward that night. All of the strict control cells, where Mr. Zhang was taken after he reported the incident, are in the Tenth Ward. While in the Tenth Ward, he heard these two prisoners brag about how they drugged and sexually abused Mr. Zhang. But how were they able to go through the two gates from the Tenth Ward in the East End to reach the Third Ward in the West End? Only the guards on duty have the keys for the gates. And, these two prisoners were both released only a few days later. Did they abuse Mr. Zhang in exchange for their release?

Mr. Zhang was illegally confined and tortured for over three months. His neck and chest hurt terribly. He lost consciousness several times and was close to dying. He requested a medical examination, but the prison hospital doctors replied, "You can't be treated unless you go to a hospital outside the prison and get diagnosed. Then we can treat your illness." Mr. Zhang currently has cervical pain, has suffered serious physical and mental torture, and has made several requests to be taken to a hospital for a medical examination and treatment. An appeal of Mr. Zhang's case was submitted to the judicial and related authorities.

Mr. Zhang has been very firmly holding to his faith in Falun Dafa. He expressed many times that if he were to die, it would be murder. The guards are encouraging prisoners to torture Mr. Zhang even more brutally. In late 2008, the prison administration transferred Mr. Zhang to the Ninth Ward. Prisoners Xu Bo, Huang Bin, Du Wei, Yang Changshun and Yan Changxin drugged Mr. Zhang multiple times to the point of unconsciousness, and then sexually abused him. They even collected money from other prisoners to "allow" them to perform the same crimes on Mr. Zhang.

These prisoners ended up getting Mr. Zhang sick with a venereal disease. They have been adding unknown drugs in Mr. Zhang's food long-term, causing Mr. Zhang's neck to tighten, his head to feel bloated, as well as tonsil pain, and abnormal sensations in the reproductive organs.

Earlier report:

December 9, 2009