Name: Li Yulan (李玉兰)
Gender: Female
Age: 52
Address: Lindong Town, Zuoqi, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia (内蒙古赤峰市左旗林东镇)
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: July, 2007
Most recent place of detention: Jilin City Women's Prison (吉林市女子监狱)
City: Jilin City (吉林市)
Province: Jilin Province (吉林省)
Persecution Suffered: Detention, Home ransacked, Hung up, Electric shock, Forced labor, Brainwashing, Interrogation, Force-Feedings, Drug administration, Forced injections.

( Ms. Li Yulan from Inner Mongolia has been persecuted for many years for practicing Falun Gong. She was forced become homeless in order to avoid further persecution. In July 2007 she was arrested again when she was staying in another city. Her family didn't know she was illegally sentenced to six years in jail until one year later. She is detained in Jilin City Women's Prison.

Ms. Li Yulan is fifty-two years old and is from Lindong Town, Zuoqi, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia. She started to practice Falun Dafa in 1997. She is very kind and honest. After the CCP started to persecute Falun Gong, she was still very determined in her belief and in the principles of Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. She was severely persecuted by CCP officials in Zuoqi. She became homeless and stayed in various places for many years. Her younger daughter is over ten and has been without her mom for more than three years.

In October 2000, more than twenty policemen from the Zuoqi Public Security Bureau and police stations ransacked her home and confiscated Falun Gong books and her other personal belongings. She was held in the Zuoqi Detention Center and Youqi Detention Center.

During her detention at the Yuanlin Road Detention Center in Chifeng City, Ms. Li was severely persecuted. Police tied one of her arms to a heating pipe above her head and her toes barely touched another heating pipe below. She was hung like this for as long as seven hours a day and for eight consecutive days. Police also shocked her with electric batons. When she protested, the director of the detention center hung her up in the air. All her body weight fell on one of her arms. It was extremely painful.

Ms. Li was held in the detention center for eight months and then she was sentenced to three years of forced labor. She was sent to the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp in Xinganmeng. Police forced her and other Falun Gong practitioners to watch materials and books slandering Falun Gong and also forced her to do manual labor more than ten hours a day.

In September 2003, Ms. Li was arrested again and sent to the Chifeng Brainwashing Center.

On December 6, 2005, Ms. Li was arrested for the third time. That morning she was working in her own hairdressing shop when police came and blocked the shop door. They forcibly dragged her to a police car. Several other practitioners were arrested as well on the same day. When she was held in the detention center, she was interrogated. Because practitioners didn't do anything wrong and thus the police couldn't get any confession, the police then fabricated charges. Several policemen came to the cell and tried to force Ms. Li to press her fingerprints on a fabricated confession of guilt. One of the police held a dagger in his hand to threaten her. They dragged Ms. Li from the cell to the police office and pressed her down to the ground. Several policemen stomped on her head, back and legs. They pulled her arms behind her back and then pressed her fingerprint on the statement.

Ms. Li went on a hunger strike to protest the detention. Two days later prison doctor Wang Jila, other medial staff and police, all together more than ten people, force fed her with unknown drugs. Ten days later they force fed her again. On the same morning they injected her with nerve-damaging drugs.

After the forced injections, Ms. Li felt numb in the face and mouth. Her mouth watered and her tongue didn't work properly when she spoke. Then she suffered from the symptoms of drug poisoning. She suffered vertigo, swelling in her head, difficulty walking and her body was limp. She couldn't speak properly.

During the time she was held for twelve days, her health deteriorated rapidly. In order to shift responsibility, police took her to the Zuoqi Hospital in Balin. When they got to the hospital, police dragged her up to the third floor. Her back and ribs made loud thumps when they hit the stairs. She then spoke loudly to let onlookers know how she was injected with unknown drugs in the detention center. Police were afraid of their crimes being exposed. They instigated a doctor to give her another shot of unknown drugs. They claimed that she would become quiet if she had another shot. Then they forcibly gave her two bottles of intravenous fluid.

She was arrested again for the fourth time while she was living temporarily in other places.

Perpetrators in Zuoqi, Balin who persecuted Ms. Li Yulan and other Falun Gong practitioners include: Huang Jingxiang (former director of the public security bureau), Wang Qige (deputy director of the public security bureau), Cui Fengguo, Tu Buxin (Team Leader of the National Security Division), Bai Xiuzhen, Lin Yuhua (director of the public security bureau), Bai Yin (deputy director of the public security bureau), Zhu Zijie (director of the 610 Office), Zhang Rongshan, Wang Xiujun, Xing Shuxin, Li Bing, Fu Xiuyun, Zhang Yuzhen, Liu Jianguo, Tang Guozhi, Na Shun, Du Yi, Du Minxue, Wang Cheng, Tian Licheng, Yan Chunwang, Zhang Huibin, Zhang Fengwen and Wang Jila. Quite a few of the above perpetrators have been listed as persecutors on the Minghui website.

Related article:

After Being Detained Twice, Li Yufen Became Homeless to Avoid Further Persecution