(Clearwisdom.net) (Correspondent from Chongqing City) Mr. Liu Rongming, 59 years old, is a resident of Yuanlanhua Village, Luohuang Town, Jiangjin District, Chongqing City. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. His chronic back pain of 22 years and a large tumor located at his left ankle disappeared. Mr. Liu follows the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in his daily life, in accordance with the teachings of Falun Gong.

In 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong. Mr. Liu Rongming was one of the many victims of the persecution. He was sentenced to three and a half years in prison and and subjected to forced labor.

On October 18, 2001, a dozen police officers from the Jiangjin District of Luohuang Town went to Mr. Liu Rongming's home, forced him to hand over his Dafa books and Teacher's articles, and ransacked his home. They brought Mr. Liu to the Jiangjin Detention Center, where he was abused for fifteen days. After that, people from the 610 Office and policemen repeatedly ransacked his home and threatened his family. One time, after midnight, four policemen broke into his home and took away copies of Zhuan Falun and exercise music cassettes while no one was home.

Around the time of the Dragon Boat Festival (the 5th day of the 5th lunar month) in 2003, the Party Secretary of the Political and Legal Committee Lei Wusheng and village Party Secretary Zhang Fuyou coerced Mr. Liu's eldest son to force him to sign the three statements. After they failed, Lei Wusheng threatened to kill Mr. Liu. Mr. Liu was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution.

On January 15, 2004, Mr. Liu Rongming was taken from practitioner Lai Yuanchang's home by policemen from the Jiangjin National Security Bureau, Zou Hong from the Rentuo Police Station, village officials Deng Qun and Huang Yunfang, and plainclothes policemen. They confiscated Falun Gong informational materials, Dafa books and other items. The same day, they took Mr. Liu, along with another practitioner Zhou Guangwen, to the Jiangjin Langshan Detention Center, where they held and abused him for more than one year and ten months. Later, Mr. Liu was sentenced to three years and six months in prison by Jingjin court officials, without his family or legal representation present, and without having committed a crime.

Mr. Liu Rongming was forced to make several thousand paper boxes a day while he was in prison. He could not continue with this work because of his deteriorating vision. During his imprisonment, Mr. Liu was force-fed, and his stomach was injured in the process. Mr. Liu talked about Falun Gong to policeman Zhou, who directed prisoners to lock his thumbs together. Then they used a foot-long metal wire to connect a 15-kilogram (about 30 pounds) metal chain to his hands. Mr. Liu couldn't go to the bathroom, and his head was forced to be a little more than a foot away from the floor at all times due to the torture device. He suffered like this for more than two weeks before being released.

Two years later, Mr. Liu Rongming was transferred to the No. 12 sub-ward of the No. 2 Ward at the Yongchuan Prison, where they continued to torture him.

Relevant phone numbers:

Luohuang Police Station: 023-47603099
Zip code: 402283
Jingjin District Court: 023-47586800

Persons directly responsible for the persecution of Mr. Li:

Chongqing Jiangjin District court officials
Presiding judges: Lou Haiyang, Ma Hongwei
Judges: Cheng Cheng, PengKai, Wang Jin, Ma Chengkai
Clerks: Wang Lijun, Wang Jin
Inspector: Ren Qingyin
Warden of the No. 12 Sub-ward of the No.2 Ward of the Yongchuan Prison: Huang Xiaofeng
Deputy Warden: Xu Tao
Inmates involved: Wen Yong, Wen Gang

Written on October 4, 2009