Name: Chuang Qing (闯静)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
September 19, 2009
Most recent place of detention:
Jiamusi City Forced Labor Camp (佳木斯市看守所)
City: Jiamusi (佳木斯)
Province: Heilongjiang (黑龙江)
Persecution Suffered: Detention, forced Labor, beatings, torture, home ransacked

( (By a correspondent from Heilongjiang) On the morning of September 19, 2009, officers from the Jiamusi City Public Security Department, the Qianjin Public Security Branch and the Nangang Police Station arrested more than a dozen Falun Gong practitioners who were gathered together to study the Falun Gong teachings.

One of the arrested practitioners was Ms. Chuang Qing, wife of Mr. Ma Xuejun, former deputy division head of the Jiamusi Railroad Bureau. Mr. Ma was arrested, detained and sent to forced labor camps several times since July 1999. He was fired from his job and all financial income was cut off. Once, he was sentenced to a 12-year prison term. In December 2002, after enduring savage torture in the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp, he nearly died. The officials were certain that he would die and released him. He was carried home. Details of the persecution Mr. Ma suffered can be found in the related reports listed at the end of this article.

Ms. Chuang is currently held at the Jiamusi City Detention Center. According to sources, she hemorrhaged as a result of the brutal torture.

Starting at the age of 14, Ma Xiaoliang, Mr. Ma and Ms. Chuang's only daughter, suffered many hardships as a result of the persecution. She was forced to drop out of school, almost taken by the police as a hostage, forced to become homeless and was then unable to find anyone who dared to take her in. Xoaoliang is 24 now and has recently written an open letter to expose the inhuman treatment that she and her family endured over the past 10 years under the Chinese Communist regime's tyranny.

In the letter, Xiaoliang recalled that from an early age, her parents had serious illnesses. Her father was diagnosed with a blood deficiency and hepatitis B. Her mother was diagnosed with a tumor in the uterus and frequently bled. She could not have surgery to remove the tumor because she had a severe case of anemia.

Xiaoliang wrote in her letter: "One day in the fall of 1994, I heard my mom ask my dad, 'Why haven't you taken your medication for several days?' And my dad replied: 'Well, I feel much better since I started the practice (of Falun Gong). I have completely forgotten about the medicines.'" "When my mom saw that my dad had indeed become a healthy person again, she started to practice Falun Gong as well. One day the tumor in her uterus just came out. Both of my parents have benefited tremendously from practicing Falun Gong, and they constantly teach me to live my life according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Those were the happiest, most precious years of my life."

"Everything changed on July 21, 1999," Xiaoliang remembered, "My dad did not come home one day after work. My mom and I anxiously waited for him, but he never returned that night. We didn't know until the police came to search our home the next day, that my dad had been arrested. The police ransacked our place and confiscated many Falun Gong materials and tapes.

"Over the years, my parents have been repeatedly arrested and detained. After they were released, the police would often come to the house to harass them. My parents were forced to leave home and I had to drop out of school and I went to live with my grandmother in the country. One day, several police officers came to my grandmother's to arrest my parents. They claimed that if they could not find my parents, they would take me as a hostage. My aunt was afraid that I would be arrested so she took me with her and we left my grandmother's that night. After walking several miles in the dark, we finally arrived at the home of a relative.

"Very quickly, I noticed that my relatives were worried about the implications of hiding me in their home, so I went back to my own home. One day around midnight, the police broke into my house and dragged me out of my bed while I was asleep. I was in my underwear, but one of the officers deliberately searched my body. I was so afraid that I could not stop trembling. After that incident, every time I heard someone knock on the door, I was scared. I didn't want to see anyone. I locked myself in my room during the day, desperately longing for my parents' safe return.

"However, my parents were arrested again. When my mom was released from the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp in 2003, she was extremely thin and weighted less than 77 pounds. Although she was still in her forties, she was so weak that she had to walk with a cane.

"My dad was nearly tortured to death in the Jiamusi Detention Center before he was released in early 2004. He was in an even worse condition than my mom when he arrived home. His face was so emaciated that his head looked like a skull. His teeth were almost all gone from the torture. His breathing was very weak. I hardly recognized him as the father I had missed so much. I cried loudly into his ear: 'Dad, you must live! Mom said that if you die, she doesn't want to live either. Who will look after me then?' My mother read Falun Gong books to him every day and we received support from other practitioners, friends and relatives. Miraculously, my dad survived. However, the torture he suffered in the detention center left him paralyzed from the waist down. The police still would not leave him alone. Every month several officers would take turns coming to our home to harass my parents."

Xiaoling's letter continued, "Just a few days before the Mid Autumn Festival, my mom was arrested again. This shocked me and hit me so hard that I became ill. It broke my heart to hear that my mother was brutally beaten when she was arrested and that this had caused her to begin to bleed again. My father is paralyzed, my mother is detained, my grandmother lost her vision as a result of the persecution, and my uncle became delusional after being hit by an electric baton while in a forced labor camp. Is there anywhere left on earth where my family can live safely? What crime has been committed? They simply want to practice Falun Gong and be good people."

Xiaoling concludes with: "I wanted to thank you all for your support and help. Your steadfastness and righteousness has encouraged me to appeal relentlessly for further justice with acts based on conscience. Regardless of how weak my individual voice is, I will continue to appeal, until my mom returns home."

Related Reports:

Deputy Division Head of the Jiamusi Railroad Bureau Persecuted and Disabled--His Wife Also Arrested (Photo)

Former Jiamusi Railroad Bureau Official Mr. Ma Xuejun Recounts the Persecution He Endured for the Past Seven Years (Photos)

Written on October 6, 2009.